Border Wars

9 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

no. 

i find it hilarious (though right on brand) for Democrats to posit

1) america is terrible and we're all oppressed. and capitalism sucks

2) we should have empathy for law breaking asylum seekers because they can't have a good life in their home country and america is the only place they can have a good life. 

My brother in Christ who do you think destabilized these peoples home countries

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

I am for legal by the book legal immigration. Just like almost every American.  Claiming Asylum in order to get across our border when 90 percent of them lying is what I'm against. I have a good number of friends who have immigrated here legally. 

I wasn't asking a legal question. It was a question about your humanity. It wasn't a "gotcha" question. You're allowed to have sympathy and/or empathy. It helps when having conversations about this to remember they are people. How many of them that you feel are lying about their situation, notwithstanding. It still helps to have accurate information when talking about such a hot button issue. 90% sounds pretty high. Is there a way to confirm that?

7 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I wasn't asking a legal question. It was a question about your humanity. It wasn't a "gotcha" question. You're allowed to have sympathy and/or empathy. It helps when having conversations about this to remember they are people. How many of them that you feel are lying about their situation, notwithstanding. It still helps to have accurate information when talking about such a hot button issue. 90% sounds pretty high. Is there a way to confirm that?

Last question. Yes. Google.

15 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

the truly enlightened know that their home countries are the way they are largely because of america. we created this situation ourselves.

Of course Donald Trump did it.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

do you not have any knowledge of the CIA and the 1970s, 80s, 90s,

My best recollection of the 1960's and 1970's is that are government got in a foolish war. We should had never got in involved in the Vietnam War. I had brothers, cousins and friends that served there. Many had great difficulty recovering from that war. I'm sure the CIA was involved in it. the other things they were involved in I am not aware of. 

• Confused 1

My best recollection of the 1960's and 1970's is that are government got in a foolish war. We should had never got in involved in the Vietnam War. I had brothers, cousins and friends that served there. Many had great difficulty recovering from that war. I'm sure the CIA was involved in it. the other things they were involved in I am not aware of. 

Try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

brother not even close lol 

it's a shame most americans know very little of our country's actual history.

10 minutes ago, braves121 said:

do you not have any knowledge of the CIA and the 1970s, 80s, 90s,

I really don't see what may have occurred 55 years ago has anything to do with  President Biden and his administration allowing 9 million illegal immigrants to flood into our country across the border over the last 3 years.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

brother not even close lol 

it's a shame most americans know very little of our country's actual history.

Its a shame most Americans don't know what is going on right now in America.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

I really don't see what may have occurred 55 years ago has anything to do with  President Biden and his administration allowing 9 million illegal immigrants to flood into our country across the border over the last 3 years.

They wouldn't need to come here if we hadn't destroyed their countries. Do you think they want to leave the place their ancestors lived in for generations, usually walking for 1000s of miles, to live a life of relative poverty in the US?

This will get you started, but is only the tip of the iceberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change_in_Latin_America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Condor

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

you don't understand how destabilizing countries for the past 55 years has consequences?

• Haha 1

55 years ago? You think it stopped 55 years ago?

My first infantry battalion commander was in South America in the early 2000s. A contractor I know spent half of his 22 year Army SF career in Central and South America. Neither of them are 60 yet.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

no lol, see @Le duke and @braves121 posts and go do some reading. the amount of evil we were up to down there is nauseating. it was a set back the region hasn't recovered from.

So why is Biden and his administration bringing that amount of nauseating evil to our border and into our country?

Just now, Le duke said:

55 years ago? You think it stopped 55 years ago?

My first infantry battalion commander was in South America in the early 2000s. A contractor I know spent half of his 22 year Army SF career in Central and South America. Neither of them are 60 yet.

Exactly. The people that know this history, but think it's only "a dark time from our past" are extremely naïve. These types of operations are active all over the world today.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

they should study your brain in a lab

I should have said . So that justifies Joe Biden and his administration to illegally bring that amount of nauseating evil to our border and into our country? The democrats are doing all this in the hopes that they will be able grant them citizenship and get them to vote for democrats. For your information they checked out my brain and they informed me that I must nuts, crazy and insane  trying to reason with Uncle Bernard, braves121 and Le Duke.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

Just now, Paul158 said:

I should have said . So that justifies Joe Biden and his administration to illegally bring that amount of nauseating evil to our border and into our country? The democrats are doing all this in the hopes that they will be able grant them citizenship and get them to vote for democrats. For your information they checked out my brain and they informed I must nuts,crazy and insane  trying to reason with Uncle Bernard, braves121 and Le Duke.

Most immigrants who gain legal status vote conservative. 

Just now, Paul158 said:

I should have said . So that justifies Joe Biden and his administration to illegally bring that amount of nauseating evil to our border and into our country? The democrats are doing all this in the hopes that they will be able grant them citizenship and get them to vote for democrats. For your information they checked out my brain and they informed I must nuts,crazy and insane  trying to reason with Uncle Bernard, braves121 and Le Duke.

Are you aware how hard it is to gain the right to vote? there are legal immigrants who have lived in the states for 50 years and can not vote in federal elections