Border Wars

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

He tried to get it in the first two years through a McConnell/Ryan led Congress that was enamored with the Hiliary/FBI collusion fraud.  That he accomplished what he did is testament to his ability.  He built some wall and did it constitutionally, and had the crossings down to a small fraction of what they are now.  How in your TDS peened mind do you account for that helping or enriching him?  Especially when he’s in the construction business and lost billions to serve as President. 

I'm sorry, I was told multiple times he already had the power to just do these things.  Is that only true for Biden?

What a wonderful exercise in lowering the bar, though, lol. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I'm sorry, I was told multiple times he already had the power to just do these things.  Is that only true for Biden?

What a wonderful exercise in lowering the bar, though, lol. 

Biden can start enforcing the law anytime he wants and he has resumed building some wall. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I don't know, maybe the situation wasn't as bad back then?  How is this a justification for not doing it now?

Bahahahahhahahah. Maybe. Bahahahhahahahahahhaha.  Because he wouldn’t be trying now if Trump wasn’t going to use it as a platform.  🤦‍♂️ 

• Stalling 1

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Bahahahahhahahah. Maybe. Bahahahhahahahahahhaha.  Because he wouldn’t be trying now if Trump wasn’t going to use it as a platform.  🤦‍♂️ 

So you don't actually care about the border, good to know. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Great.  And a bipartisan group is ready to give it to them.  If you actually cared about the border, you'd be jazzed.  You don't, so you're not. 

If Biden cared about the border it would have been done already. 

• Confused 1

Just now, JimmyBT said:

If Biden cared about the border it would have been done already. 

Fine.  Political person does something for political gain.  Do you care about the issue?  Nope, not really, because the thing you're saying should have happened is now being offered.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Fine.  Political person does something for political gain.  Do you care about the issue?  Nope, not really, because the thing you're saying should have happened is now being offered.

Political Person (president Biden) IS doing it for nothing more than political gain.  I’d be sending people back 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Political Person (president Biden) IS doing it for nothing more than political gain.  I’d be sending people back 

Great. You still haven't answered why it shouldn't be done, you've just whined about why it wasn't done earlier.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

This bill is not anything like what conservatives want.  I just hope that Oklahomans remember this in Lankford’s next election. 

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Great. You still haven't answered why it shouldn't be done, you've just whined about why it wasn't done earlier.

Because it’s still not good enough (as the frontline border patrol has stated) Biden COULD have had THIS and MORE done 2-3 years ago.   GOP needs to get more.  

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

This bill is not anything like what conservatives want.  I just hope that Oklahomans remember this in Lankford’s next election. 

That’s not until 2028, which is one reason he was negotiating this travesty.  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The border patrol says it isn't perfect but accepts it is better than the status quo.

Do dogs refuse to eat the crumbs off the floor?

It's a terrible deal.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Raise your hand if you’ve actually read the bill…

Parts of it - https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/emergency_national_security_supplemental_bill_text.pdf

Good and bad.  Dead.

Example Good

• $584,116,000 shall be for the hiring of U.S. Customs and Border Protection personnel
    $139,000,000 shall be for overtime costs for U.S. Border Patrol
    Training

Example Bad

• The Secretary shall activate the border emergency authority if (i) during a period of 7 consecutive calendar days, there is an average of 5,000 or more aliens who are encountered each day; or (ii) on any 1 calendar day, a combined total of 8,500 or more aliens are encountered. 

Change the terms to something like 100 or more aliens encountered daily or 5,000 or more aliens encountered monthly.

• Fire 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jross said:

Parts of it - https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/emergency_national_security_supplemental_bill_text.pdf

Good and bad.  Dead.

Example Good

• $584,116,000 shall be for the hiring of U.S. Customs and Border Protection personnel
    $139,000,000 shall be for overtime costs for U.S. Border Patrol
    Training

Example Bad

• The Secretary shall activate the border emergency authority if (i) during a period of 7 consecutive calendar days, there is an average of 5,000 or more aliens who are encountered each day; or (ii) on any 1 calendar day, a combined total of 8,500 or more aliens are encountered. 

Change the terms to something like 100 or more aliens encountered daily or 5,000 or more aliens encountered monthly.

I have not read the bill.  My question based on what you posted (not necessarily directed at you but anyone) is what is happening to the 5,000 or more aliens?  Are they just let in?  Or is the additional money used to hire people to help process and vet them to see if we should or shouldn't let them in?

• Haha 1