Border Wars

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

2021: there’s no border crisis!

2022: there’s no border crisis!

2023: there’s no border crisis!

2024: Republicans are responsible for the border crisis because they won’t pass our bill that makes it worse!

Both Trump and Vance missed a HUGE opportunity in the debate when Harris and Walz tried to blame the bill not passing on Trump. It didn't pass because it wasn't about helping the border. It had $60 billion to support Ukraine, $14 billion for Israel, $2.4 billion for US Central Command, and $4.8 billion for US partners in Indo-Pacific. 

Also processing more illegals faster doesn't help the border issue it makes it worse.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingguy said:

Both Trump and Vance missed a HUGE opportunity in the debate when Harris and Walz tried to blame the bill not passing on Trump. It didn't pass because it wasn't about helping the border. It had $60 billion to support Ukraine, $14 billion for Israel, $2.4 billion for US Central Command, and $4.8 billion for US partners in Indo-Pacific. 

Also processing more illegals faster doesn't help the border issue it makes it worse.

I picked up on that as well...when I watched and heard that the first thing out of my mouth was Trump is not even in office

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I wonder if they say that because of the number of Republican congressman that have come out and said we could’ve gotten done, but Trump got on the phone and killed it. 

That's crazy...what "power" does Trump have right now?  And there is no certainty he will after Nov.  If true, those congressman are spineless! 

<fyi..that question was rhetorical and not directed at you>

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

the bill was actual crap. and you know this.

it did nothing to secure the border.

I don't know this, I have not read all of the bill, have you?

My statement was not whether the bill was good or not.  My statement was in response to why they are saying Trump killed the bill.  To which, I wondered, if it has anything to do with all of the republican congressmen who have come out and said he jumped on the phone and effectively killed the bill.  My response was no more, or no less than that, and it is entirely accurate.

9 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

did trump kill the bill? 

do you have that factual information?

i doubt it.

you have what someone told you ... to think...

i have seen breakdowns of the bill. it is garbage.

You are not very good at comprehending, and simply sticking with, what someone is saying. 

Let me try to clear it up for you one last time. I am not commenting on whether or not the bill is good.  I am not commenting on whether or not Trump killed the bill. I did not state, that Trump killed the bill.  I am stating that Republican senators came out and said he killed the bill. 

is that clear? Conversations go a lot better when you stick with what the person is actually saying, instead of trying to formulate something else.  

image.png.82430c6cce585e571da7bce8d4aff414.png

What are you doing about it?  Who gave them a billion dollars with no restrictions on its use?  You and your cohorts, CONGRESSMAN.  Stop whining and get to worlk.  You and your colleagues have completely abdicated law making and the power of the purse to the swamp so I find it quite frustrating when you then whine about it afterward.

If anyone thinks there is a problem at the border, go visit it in person and see. It's not some lawless hell scape. I was just in Nogales a few weeks ago. Same as always. No shootouts with the cartels. BP has their checkpoints along the highway. It's really not what you think it is. 

• Bob 1