Minnesota vs. Nebraska

JimmyBT

Just now, 1032004 said:

Is he better than Andrews?

I’m just saying if they need bonus to win, throw Polar Bear out there.  But he’s not the guy you want out there trying to grind out a seven minute regular decision.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

8 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Wrestlestat has Nebraska winning this dual 22-9 which I believe is or was very close to the score each of these squads lost to Iowa by.  I see it being a bit closer than that. I’ll go with

125 MN - 3

133 MN - 3

141 NEB - 3

149 NEB - 4

157 NEB - 3

165 NEB - 3

174 NEB - 3

184 MN - 3

197 NEB - 3

HWT MN - 3

NEB 19 MN 12 

8/10 matches picked the winner correctly.  Congrats to Blockhus for back to back quality wins.   IMO Tabor choked tonight. 

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I’m just saying if they need bonus to win, throw Polar Bear out there.  But he’s not the guy you want out there trying to grind out a seven minute regular decision.

But if he’s the guy they think will be wrestling in the postseason he probably needs matches to get the rust off.

Him not going tonight leads me to believe he may not be though

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Tabor has lost all of his confidence. He was literally a machine at Simley. No offense on his feet. He looks to have no match awareness, he looked lost against Kueter. Not sure what to say

I thought he wrestled well against Kueter. Just couldn’t finish at the end. Tonight was against a wrestler that he should have felt totally confident in beating.  

1 hour ago, jmoney said:

McKee shows that Caleb Mr Appalachian State Williams has no business in the natty champ conversation whatsoever...Welcome to the Big 10, son!

Smith has beat Ramos, Spratley, Kaylor and Jordan this year alone.  He also initiated action on almost all of the points in which McKee scored on counter.  I think the weight will come down to matchups.  

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Smith has beat Ramos, Spratley, Kaylor and Jordan this year alone.  He also initiated action on almost all of the points in which McKee scored on counter.  I think the weight will come down to matchups.  

Yeah I wouldn’t be shocked to see Smith beat McKee in the future.  Look no further than McKee’s matches with Barnett.  McKee has pinned him 3 times and won by major once, but also lost 4 times including once by major.

Not to mention Smith has already beaten McKee at 2022 NCAA’s…

1 hour ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Should Blockhus move to #2

I would say yes... the loss to McGee from George Mason may prevent it, but beating Franek and Robb back to back is impressive. 

On 1/20/2024 at 12:23 AM, Gus said:

He didn’t want to lose to Swenson again

I don’t think that’s what it was.  He didn’t wrestle today against ndsu either. A match he most likely scores bonus points in.  

26 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

I don’t think that’s what it was.  He didn’t wrestle today against ndsu either. A match he most likely scores bonus points in.  

Idk man. He lost to Swenson last year and conveniently misses the dual this year… 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Idk man. He lost to Swenson last year and conveniently misses the dual this year… 

The way he’s been wrestling this year I would have picked him over Swenson yesterday without hesitation.