Arizona State Sun Devils

37 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Is Mark Perry still coaching there? I don't see him listed on their page. Anyone know what he's up to now?

My wrestling claim is fame is having Mark Perry whoop my butt. We were at a similar weight but thankfully he was wrestling high school when I was in junior high. I like to think I helped him succeed.

He's surrounded by controversy and so has quietly disappeared dunno if he's still with Sunkist. 

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

what's the controversy surrounding him?

i never heard of anything I'd consider controversial. Not everyone likes him, and he had a lot of hype as a coach despite having to bounce around a lot, but i've never heard his character brought into question.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Two things can be true. The lineup this year has had terrible injury luck, and at full strength is a top 8-10 tournament team. That said, from a development standpoint, whatever's going on at ASU must be reworked. They are never pushing the pace, and they are horrendous on top/bottom. They have guys who have spent five years there that still can't figure out a leg ride on the bottom. 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i never heard of anything I'd consider controversial. Not everyone likes him, and he had a lot of hype as a coach despite having to bounce around a lot, but i've never heard his character brought into question.

Check on here “original Final X thread” or HawkeyeReport “so there’s some ugly stuff floating around about Mark Perry”

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Check on here “original Final X thread” or HawkeyeReport “so there’s some ugly stuff floating around about Mark Perry”

the main thing i garnered was that I don't want LJB to come back ever...

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

It just always seems to be one black hole weight every year and an injury or guy who just can’t come close to the hype. Still a ton of top talent on the team. Some great top recruits coming in the next couple years. Teemer should get an extra year. The whole thing could all come together finally in two years for their best run. 

Edited by SunDevil
  • Fire 1

ASU room has to be a different kind of place, it is/has been home to some of the (purportedly) worst behavior at a few different levels, and past a certain point that attracts a specific personality. I look to the valencia brothers as a perfect example.  Both the elder two were studs coming out of high school, the elder who seems a much more straight laced dude kinda vanished, and, well, we know about mr nose candy 92kg.

If you’re not that speed of person, being around d-bags can be really draining.  Definitely not a performance enhancer.

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I feel like I should press charges on you for leading me to that cesspool of a thread on Hawkeye report , my god 11 pages maybe 1 and half about this situation and the rest political arguments from idiots ,I now have a headache , my eye is slightly twitching and learned nothing new about the subject at hand might want to have bob dole put a warning disclaimer on that post 

14 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

the main thing i garnered was that I don't want LJB to come back ever...

The guy is a gem.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me