NCAA Dual Team Championship

35 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

I'm so glad you brought up the term "dual tournament" it barely makes sense. And it literally makes sense for what you would call an "individual tournament" in that tournament its still TWO competitors. Does NCAA even do round Robins? The term dual is dumb and redundant. The term team match is not, the term duel is also more specific. Because "match" doesn't specify the number of competitors which was just so important to you with the last definition.

So you are right and the rest of the wrestling world is wrong. The rule book is wrong and every one naming their team events are wrong. A duel is between 2 individuals and not between 2 teams. Each contested match by definition could be considered a duel. If you are in the wrestling world though you know it is a match, the same as boxing. It is called a dual for the number of teams participating. What dictionary are you using that states a duel is between more than 2 individuals? 

47 minutes ago, Chas2105 said:

So you are right and the rest of the wrestling world is wrong. The rule book is wrong and every one naming their team events are wrong. A duel is between 2 individuals and not between 2 teams. Each contested match by definition could be considered a duel. 

Well I'm glad you can admit that I'm right and you have taken my side. 

44 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Sooooo what's the history of dual championships then? Does anybody care to share or do y'all just want to debate the best way to spell words. lol

JB would know for sure but I believe the late 80s Virginia Duals were the original modern-era NCAA Dual Championship...then NWCA spun off another Midwest centric version thru the 90s - 2000s

Edited by gromit

51 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Sooooo what's the history of dual championships then? Does anybody care to share or do y'all just want to debate the best way to spell words. lol

Carl killed the DC ... or Karl however you spell it.  🤨

3 hours ago, OMW said:

Duel by definition isn't technically incorrect, but it is more-or-less the mouth-breather way of stating Dual Meet.

😆

Edited by gromit

47 minutes ago, ionel said:

Carl killed the DC ... or Karl however you spell it.  🤨

Killed it? So it existed until when? 

I honestly don't remember Dual Championships being a thing even back in the 90s-00s.

So here's a link to last year's NWCA Dual Championships

https://nwcaonline.com/news/2023/5/25/national-wrestling-coaches-association-nwca-national-dual-meet-championships-headed-back-to-the-uni-dome.aspx

"The National Duals were last held in the UNI-Dome in 2011. In 2024, the National Duals will feature 96 programs from the following six divisions: NAIA Men, NAIA Women, NCAA D2 Men, NCAA D3 Men, NCAA Women, and NCWA Men."

Was NCAA D1 Men ever a part of this?

So here's a link to last year's NWCA Dual Championships
https://nwcaonline.com/news/2023/5/25/national-wrestling-coaches-association-nwca-national-dual-meet-championships-headed-back-to-the-uni-dome.aspx
"The National Duals were last held in the UNI-Dome in 2011. In 2024, the National Duals will feature 96 programs from the following six divisions: NAIA Men, NAIA Women, NCAA D2 Men, NCAA D3 Men, NCAA Women, and NCWA Men."
Was NCAA D1 Men ever a part of this?

Virginia Duals spawned the event. Then it started to move around the country. They started the Multi-Divisional National Duals in 2004. Division I broke off to try regional formats (and back to single sites) and then a finals site in 2012 and then various versions until the bowl-series style that Cael actually suggested put an end to it. Multi-Duals have been on-going since 04, with the NJCAA moving theirs to Oklahoma a week later the last few years.
  • Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

22 hours ago, ionel said:

Was it Cael or Carl, maybe both?  Believe Tommie also said no ddm.  😕

Spelled Cael, pronounced Carl. It’s an old English translation scenario, a sort of Color/Colour, aluminum aluminium, if you will.

• Fire 1