NCAA Dual Team Championship

11 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

Cael said no. Stop.

I signed in to say this comment is gross. Cael is not the God of college wrestling who rules by word. Maybe if duels mattered penn state would duel interesting teams and not just try to throw soft balls till the end of the year.

Duels are better for everyone. They are better for fans because tournaments are chaos for watching your faves, nd they're better for programs because they foster rivalries and loyalty.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I have heard the idea about doing Dual Championship in first semester. I am unsure of this because then what is on the schedule to maintain fan interest in January and February? Teams do not want to do very many tournaments, especially later in the season.

I think you do a Dual Championship in the first two weekends of February. There is a two week break, and then conference tournaments. But how do you determine the top 16(it should be 16, so 4 duals to win it all)? It is not super simple. 

4 hours ago, forkemaz said:

I signed in to say this comment is gross. Cael is not the God of college wrestling who rules by word. Maybe if duels mattered penn state would duel interesting teams and not just try to throw soft balls till the end of the year.

Duels are better for everyone. They are better for fans because tournaments are chaos for watching your faves, nd they're better for programs because they foster rivalries and loyalty.

Seconded. He's one guy and a lot of people are involved in these decisions.

However I honestly don't know the history of dual championships. Has there been one? If so, when/why did they stop? When discussions about a dual championship occur, who is in favor and who is against it?

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

But how do you determine the top 16(it should be 16, so 4 duals to win it all)? It is not super simple. 

Figuring out top 16 is pretty easy and just need to be sure it includes the top 4.  The problem is when the top team refuses to wrestle.  

12 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

I'm not trolling, the correct spelling is duel. I've posted about this before.

The correct spelling for duel is duel.

The correct spelling for dual is dual- as in two teams rather than a tri or a quad.

Just now, forkemaz said:

Match and duel are the two terms in wrestling and we use them backwards. You don't go watch a team dual consisting of matches you go watch a match consisting of individual duels. 

So you admit you're wrong- dual refers to the entire meet not each match/bout.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

You can't even spell is.

And you're the only one thinking this

Oh no I'm not proof reading my posts on a wrestling forum and I've been roasted by a close minded man with sass of a middle school girl. Please someone help! Or... it's duel.

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

2 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Dual is wrong. It's match. Duel us correct though.

Dual is not wrong, as it is TWO teams wrestling against each other to determine the outcome of a/the match.

I coach and it is listed as Dual Meet on the schedule (as it always has been).  Dual tournaments are also included (I haven't seen anything on track or flow as duel meet tournaments, either.

Here's an event completed earlier this month:

NWCA/USMC Multi-Division National Dual Meet Championships

Duel by definition isn't technically incorrect, but it is more-or-less the mouth-breather way of stating Dual Meet.

1 minute ago, OMW said:

Dual is not wrong, as it is TWO teams wrestling against each other to determine the outcome of a/the match.

I coach and it is listed as Dual Meet on the schedule (as it always has been).  Dual tournaments are also included (I haven't seen anything on track or flow as duel meet tournaments, either.

Here's an event completed earlier this month:

NWCA/USMC Multi-Division National Dual Meet Championships

Duel by definition isn't technically incorrect, but it is more-or-less the mouth-breather way of stating Dual Meet.

I'm so glad you brought up the term "dual tournament" it barely makes sense. And it literally makes sense for what you would call an "individual tournament" in that tournament its still TWO competitors. Does NCAA even do round Robins? The term dual is dumb and redundant. The term team match is not, the term duel is also more specific. Because "match" doesn't specify the number of competitors which was just so important to you with the last definition.