Iowa AD said no to AJ

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

What happens to Angelo and Anthony?  I assume they are gone too since the Ferraris are a package deal?

Hawkeye report posters are wondering the same. Some expect Angelo to de commit shortly. The dad says they are a package as the family is close. Would Angelo choose to stay at Iowa regardless of what the others do? Same goes for Anthony. Doubtful, but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Hawkeye report posters are wondering the same. Some expect Angelo to de commit shortly. The dad says they are a package as the family is close. Would Angelo choose to stay at Iowa regardless of what the others do? Same goes for Anthony. Doubtful, but you never know. 

Maybe Chittum comes back?

• Haha 1
  • Clown 1

Does AJ still have three years of eligibility left (including this year)?

Is it even possible to enroll in a university for the spring at this point?

If we're looking at AJ joining a team next year, which programs might be the best fits?

Edited by peanut

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Kinda sad if the dad is the one saying he wants them all to stick together.  Feel bad for Angelo, maybe even Anthony too if he hasn’t really transgressed since being in Iowa.

This has been going on for years, why feel bad for them, pretty much all 5 the same.  

8 minutes ago, peanut said:

If we're looking at AJ joining a team next year, which programs might be the best fits?

Rutgers is the obvious choice for the Ferraris.  NJ connection, Jersey Shore culture...

9 minutes ago, peanut said:

Does AJ still have three years of eligibility left (including this year)? Yes

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, peanut said:

Good grief, how many times do we have to answer this question?  And yes they should all stay together, Jimmy can come visit.

OklahomaStatePenitentiary.jpg

Just now, Warm Up Champ said:

Stay out of Oregon please.

Maybe Chael Sonnen could provide mentorship services.

It would be interesting if the Ferraris are looking at Northern Colorado. Perhaps relative proximity to the Olympic training center is plus?

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

They're from Texas.

The Ferraris and a bunch of their extended family moved to Texas, for some type of business venture I believe, but they are originally from the Jersey area.

18 minutes ago, peanut said:

He should have 3 years left including this one, but I believe he’d have to apply for a medical shirt for 2022 first (2021 didn’t count, last year while he was out counts as a year).

Sounds like he is eligible for an ORS this year, but I know I read/heard somewhere he wanted to wrestle this year, so your second question would be my main one.  I assume he had gone through the enrollment process with Iowa, but while I’m no admissions person so could be wrong, I can’t imagine he can still enroll for the spring semester at a D1 school at this point…

• Fire 1

I cannot imagine Coaches Manning, Pendleton, Dresser or anyone with a shred of dignity agreeing to take the kid.  It would be like agreeing to foster mentally challenged triplets. He is an untreated sociopath.  Thank God if the Iowa AD said no.  Not a huge Hawkeye fan but would hate to see anything happen to its reputation and tradition.  Sigh of relief.  My two cents. 

Edited by KLCarnegieTech_1969
  • Fire 1

Just now, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I cannot imagine Coaches Manning, Pendleton, Dresser or anyone with a shred of dignity agreeing to the kid.  He is an untreated sociopath.  Thank God if the Iowa AD said no.  Not a huge Hawkeye fan but would hate to see anything happen to its reputation and tradition.  Sigh of relief.  My two cents. 

Bono?

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean, AJ has never lived in NY and attended school in NJ for what? A year?

His father emigrated from NY to Texas.  AJ is first generation Texan but still emulates the culture of his forefathers.  Very typical for first generation children of immigrants 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted