Tigers and Hokies

2 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Mizzou and Vtech go head to head tomorrow in CoMo. Wonder if O’Toole takes a shot and bumps up to face Lewis. Will be a great dual regardless. Hope both have full lineups. 

CoMo?  Have you and @MPhillips been riding the same bus?

25 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Mizzou and Vtech go head to head tomorrow in CoMo. Wonder if O’Toole takes a shot and bumps up to face Lewis. Will be a great dual regardless. Hope both have full lineups. 

i doubt o'toole bumps up. I hope he does, how good is whoever they will put in for him at 165?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

29 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Surtin vs Flynn is very interesting. Ando vs Mauller as well. 

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i doubt o'toole bumps up. I hope he does, how good is whoever they will put in for him at 165?

Mocco should be back at 174, and he's wrestled Lewis close, losing 3-2 and in OT.  Mizzou might need O'Toole bonus pts at 165, so I don't see a bump here.  Although I'd love it if they did.

1 minute ago, KCMO2 said:

Mocco should be back at 174, and he's wrestled Lewis close, losing 3-2 and in OT.  Mizzou might need O'Toole bonus pts at 165, so I don't see a bump here.  Although I'd love it if they did.

I hold out hope because I tihnk Smith really cares about the sport as a whole. Fringe benefit to the fact that dual meets don't matter. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Gibby Haynes said:

2 dollar tickets and you can sit damn near anywhere in the place. Mizzou really does spoil me. 

Went through Columbia and the Mizzou campus with my family a couple years back.  Really beautiful place.  

• Fire 3

I’ve always used CoMo when referencing Columbia Mo. Might be a local/Missouri thing, idk. 
As a native Columbian, I've never called it that. But, it is common parlance in the region (unlike "the Lou", which is only used as a gimmick).
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

As much as I would love to see  KOT vs Lewis, I am concerned. Maybe I am way off, but if they are talking of possible bumping, is Mocco not ready to comeback? I don’t see Smith not letting a healthy Mocco wrestler. Lewis won 3-2 in OT their last match so it’s not like Mocco wasn’t right there with him. To take a match away from Mocco when he could see Lewis down the line doesn’t make sense for the purpose of winning duals in my opinion. If Mocco isn’t back 100% I’m all for KOT/Lewis, but not at the expense of someone getting another match with a wrestler they could see later. 

2 minutes ago, creek chub said:

Rumor is Mocco didn’t weigh in. Sounds like the KOT vs Lewis match is likely to happen

Hope he’s better before the season ends. Outside of Harmon who just wrestled 174 at Soldier Salute after being 184 for a couple years, I don’t know who else we have at 74.