Jimmy Carter caused the demise of America

JimmyBT

There’s no denying it.  Once the gov got involved our scores have deteriorated. We were once the envy of the world and now were just stupid people. 

“Once the gov got involved”.

So, since the beginning of publicly funded education in the US? The 1700s?

US attainment relative to the rest of the world has dropped because our public funding of education has actually dropped (as a percentage of GDP) while other countries outspend us and/or keep increasing their funding. Then, combined with cultures that actually value education, they magically get better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

My dad paid like $360 per semester for tuition at Penn State in the early 1970s.

He literally paid for each school year (including housing) in its entirety, by working for the athletic department, at minimum wage, each summer.

Also, as an Illinois graduate, that tweet pains me.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Le duke said:

My dad paid like $360 per semester for tuition at Penn State in the early 1970s.

He literally paid for each school year (including housing) in its entirety, by working for the athletic department, at minimum wage, each summer.

You’re education obviously didn’t help you much with comprehension.  Brainwashing and stupidity.  

6 hours ago, Le duke said:

School wasn’t expensive then like it is now.   

12 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

In 1979 Jimmy Carter created the department of Education.   America is now brainwashed and stupid because of it.   

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc.

False. Try again. 

Who followed him and what was his roll in how education is thought about in this country? This paints a picture of a contemptuous bigot that wanted power and to punish his perceived enemies for his own gain.  Doesn't really seem like the model of a modern major general. But a prelude of another wannabe despot that we just booted out of office and hopefully will spend the rest of his short life in jail. 

Don't meet or read about your heroes. 

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

False. Try again. 

Who followed him and what was his roll in how education is thought about in this country? This paints a picture of a contemptuous bigot that wanted power and to punish his perceived enemies for his own gain.  Doesn't really seem like the model of a modern major general. But a prelude of another wannabe despot that we just booted out of office and hopefully will spend the rest of his short life in jail. 

I’m pretty sure Jimmy Carter created the dept of education.  

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

False. Try again. 

Thought about by you?   

I would say Jimmy Carter and his advisors really blew it when they decided to punish Russia with a grain embargo. The agriculture community at the time was already struggling and needed some help or attention from the federal government in a positive way. But President Carter and his advisors decided to impose a grain embargo. We were exporting 20 percent of our grain to Russia at the time. By doing so they greatly contributed to the Farm Crisis of the 80's. It was devastating. Grain prices plummeted by 40 percent causing tens of thousands of farms to go bankrupt. Most of the farms were generational farms. They had been their family's for decades. President Carter was a major factor.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I would say Jimmy Carter and his advisors really blew it when they decided to punish Russia with a grain embargo. The agriculture community at the time was already struggling and needed some help or attention from the federal government in a positive way. But President Carter and his advisors decided to impose a grain embargo. We were exporting 20 percent of our grain to Russia at the time. By doing say they greatly contributed to the Farm Crisis of the 80's. It was devastating. Grain prices plummeted by 40 percent causing tens of thousands of farms to go bankrupt. Most of the farms were generational farms. They had been their family's for decades. President Carter was a major factor.

Yep. He was Biden before Biden became Jimmy2.0. 

Edited by JimmyBT

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

He was a POS. Would love for an explanation of why he is so revered? 

There is none.  He cut taxes, took deficit spending to a whole 'nother level and put us on our path to insolvency.  Happened to be president when Gorbachev was in office, so they milk the sh** out of that.

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Thank you for being blatantly dishonest. You're an example for the kids in this holiday season.

After, therefore because of it.

His creating the thing did not lead to the other thing. That was my point. If you were confused, which by your response, it seems like you were. Then you could've asked me to clarify.

But to your whole point, republicans and Reagan in particular lead to the brainwashing of the country. The article I posted will lend credence to that. His quotes on the subject (ie. 'intellectual curiosity', is a particular gem, don't read it, you're head might explode from the cognitive dissonance) are particularly prescient to his actions and the effects to follow. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

He also wrecked agriculture and you'd think he'd be considered the worst by environmentalist given the Brazil deforestation.  

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1