Eiwa / Ivys

Antitroll2828

16 hours ago, Jim L said:

Honestly, I think that primarily goal is academics is mostly lip service. Outside of FB and BB, the Ivies tend do compete well with best in the nation (similar to wrestling). Most of the high level athletes would not stand a chance at Ivy league admission without their athletic accomplishments. They may be better much better than average students compared the collegiate population as whole, but for most athletics is more important than academics

They do have a few official rules like no redshirting and no grad students competing and a few specific FB rules -  freshman cant play varsity (not sure if this rule is still in effect) and the FB team cant go to the FCS playoffs.

Your examples + no athletic scholarships show it is not lip service.  But I agree that sports still matter to them.  Still - if look on horizon … paying athletes outright, I can see the Ivy presidents and leadership really not liking where this is headed and are trying to wall off the league.  Again, speculation but I can see it.

To flush all that tradition?  This is awful.  I grew up on Lehigh and EIWA wrestling on TV!  I used to enjoy attending the EIWA's.  An all-Ivy qualifier...nope - and I'm sure most would agree.   Full stands in the arena?  More likely a HS gym if they are lucky, and they won't be full.  From a spectator perspective (important), I would say they took 10 giant steps backwards.  Would love to know what group of folks thought this was a good thing??

• Fire 4

On 12/23/2023 at 8:37 AM, Scribe said:

To flush all that tradition?  This is awful.  I grew up on Lehigh and EIWA wrestling on TV!  I used to enjoy attending the EIWA's.  An all-Ivy qualifier...nope - and I'm sure most would agree.   Full stands in the arena?  More likely a HS gym if they are lucky, and they won't be full.  From a spectator perspective (important), I would say they took 10 giant steps backwards.  Would love to know what group of folks thought this was a good thing??

This person isn't my username, fyi

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Next think you know there'll be an @Dunny and @ThunderBox stinking up the forum.  

Not too concerned at the moment.  Unless the Aussies' up their game we may see this on the International forum but for now I'm safe from any invasive species.  I'm more concerned with an outhouse creeping his way on here.  God can they be condescending    

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Not too concerned at the moment.  Unless the Aussies' up their game we may see this on the International forum but for now I'm safe from any invasive species.  I'm more concerned with an outhouse creeping his way on here.  God can they be condescending    

Hadn't thought about it before but if ever decide I need a burner account it might be @OutHouse or @PMillips.  

54 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I'm sure ESPN+ made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

"We'll give you the spot after the women's basketball game where one team is up by thirty and the other has all of their timeouts. Well catch up with you somewhere in the middle of the 133lb final. You're welcome."

~ESPN+

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

"We'll give you the spot after the women's basketball game where one team is up by thirty and the other has all of their timeouts. Well catch up with you somewhere in the middle of the 133lb final. You're welcome."

~ESPN+

I believe you are thinking of BTN.  Espn+ are completely separate streams, doesn't matter what is before or after.  Now if on the big ESPN it might but they will always give you the start on the U or the 2. 

15 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

And I believe you knew exactly what I meant and this is why you're the #7 overall in the jross's Troll awards...:classic_dry:

Reading again and the post you replied to i still have no clue.  Maybe you can draw me a picture?