Did Dresser pay off Cornell?

Mr. PeanutButter

This event was never intended to be anything other than a school-funded vacation, by the coaches who started it. Maybe I should have warned y’all to not pay for it. 

On another note, I wonder how many matches Flo’s favs will have to lose before they stop trying to justify their rankings? Time will tell. 

41 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

@BigRedFan will address these...:classic_cool:

I won't, but Mike Grey did:

I have received quite a few messages regarding our Iowa State dual so I figured I would get right to it. We had starters get injured during our previous matches in the day. If we wrestled Iowa State first we would have had all our starters in.  I’m not going to risk further injury and endanger my student-athletes for a dual in December.  Good or bad in the eye of the public, my job is to protect my athletes and if they aren’t able to compete they will not. We have Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Missouri and NC State amongst others remaining on the schedule. I think we have the toughest schedule in the country and I expect to wrestle our best in each event. Injuries are part of the sport and they unfortunately aren’t predictable. 

18 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Other than conferences and nationals I won't pay for another Cornell match while Mike Grey is coach.  Waste of money

Maybe Grey will give the money back and Stoneflipper will refund the customers.  🤷‍♀️

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

grey put an email out right away. says they all got hurt, highlighted upcoming schedule, we'll see how that plays out.

Maybe they should flip the schedule tomorrow, lead off with NC State v OSUe, we wouldn't want more injured ducks in the premier matches. 

BTW: Oregon really should bring back wrestling.  

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 4

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

It does in the NBA throughout the season, as well as the NFL in the last week or two

The NBA commissioner has gone to great lengths over a number of years to resolve the load management issue with positive reinforcement [play-In tournament with with approximately a $40,000,000 prize pool for the players and coaches] and negative reinforcement [6 to seven figure escalating fines at the coach and team levels].

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

23 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

So, random guy on Internet is calling Mike Grey a liar.  Got it.

Lol if you believe that I have a bridge I can sell you. Let me know when you are ready to send payment  

Super convenient that their top wrestlers going against some of ISUs top wrestlers were the only ones hurt. 

Damage control at its finest. 

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol if you believe that I have a bridge I can sell you. Let me know when you are ready to send payment  

Super convenient that their top wrestlers going against some of ISUs top wrestlers were the only ones hurt. 

Damage control at its finest. 

Except Foca... who needed a ranked win.  He was healthy.

• Fire 2