Flo running short ads in the middle of matches - STOP IT!!

scorenomore

2 hours ago, scorenomore said:

I've never seen in sports broadcasting running adds over the matches.  This is absolutely terrible.  This is while watching the senior nationals on roku app.  Anyone else having the same issue?

i'm not. watching on my computer

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, scorenomore said:

I've never seen in sports broadcasting running adds over the matches.  This is absolutely terrible.  This is while watching the senior nationals on roku app.  Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes its disgusting.  Also seems to result in Roku being behind the info on phone or tablet app thus glancing at phone to see the next up match you get a spoiler score/result on the match you are watching.  Plus why can't they put the mats in proper numerical order on Roku.  Oh yeah ... good reminder that I need to cancel my one month Flo subscription end of Dec.  

• Fire 3

6 hours ago, scorenomore said:

It's really vile.   They do it at the 30 second break, which is one thing, but to do it during the action, is pathetic.  Hey FLO, wake up.   This is beyond embarrassing and reprehensible.  Do you want to put an advertisement on the moon when we look up at it.  Or tattoo one on a child's forehead?  What's next?

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

I use a VPN. Especially when I'm downloading from torrent sites. I don't have Flo. But the VPN blocks all ads witch would normally fill up my screen. Alot of viruses are filtered out too.

Thanks my brother. I'm hip to what a VPN is/does(kinda).

The ads we see are on actually a part of FLO. Someone is sitting in a control booth somewhere and running them in between periods. It seems way to random, timewise for the ads to be programmed  into a live tournament. Apologies to all the techies out there who actually know, that's just my ignorant take...🤐

Edited by MPhillips

37 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Thanks my brother. I'm hip to what a VPN is/does(kinda).

The ads we see are on actually a part of FLO. Someone is sitting in a control booth somewhere and running them in between periods. It seems way to random, timewise for the ads to be programmed  into a live tournament. Apologies to all the techies out there who actually know, that's just my ignorant take...🤐

It 100% is on the Flo broadcast side.  This isn’t the first time they’ve done it.  They (poorly) ram adds in everywhere they find dead space or captive eyeballs they can manipulate.  

They have no respect for the sports they broadcast.  It’s like they’re trying to recreate the early ESPN days where they would just play adds instead of the first two periods of a match, and then show the back half of the third period, bringing back in the broadcast “well it’s been a fascinating match, and it looks like the #2 wrestler is about to pull the upset with only 20 seconds left and a 7 point lead.”

Flo WAS a passion project once.  Now they are just passionately duplicitous and unaccountable.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

It 100% is on the Flo broadcast side.  This isn’t the first time they’ve done it.  They (poorly) ram adds in everywhere they find dead space or captive eyeballs they can manipulate.  

They have no respect for the sports they broadcast.  It’s like they’re trying to recreate the early ESPN days where they would just play adds instead of the first two periods of a match, and then show the back half of the third period, bringing back in the broadcast “well it’s been a fascinating match, and it looks like the #2 wrestler is about to pull the upset with only 20 seconds left and a 7 point lead.”

Flo WAS a passion project once.  Now they are just passionately duplicitous and unaccountable.

Their workers are passionate about the sport, but flo is a business. I have nothing bad to say about them, but have heard a lot of the gripe.

They are the only ones continually streaming everything, they have no competition so no need to elevate their game. 

• Fire 3

During the Senior and U23 world's, I was helping remotely. I viewed the UWW stream for my mat and scored it as if I was matside. Using that software breaks the stream up into bout-sized chunks to be archived as per usual.

We were the ones putting the commercials in. We did it between bouts. I don't know how they're doing it here.

We’re in a new tech advertising phase imo.    TiVo 20+ years ago allowed us to basically bypass all commercials.   The new streaming services are using lame excuses as to why more and more commercials are appearing.  I pay a premium for the no commercial Hulu service and get at times 30-40% net  commercial time.  Money rules.     Commercials are back in a big way.   You can only vote with your wallet on this one.  

2 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Their workers are passionate about the sport, but flo is a business. I have nothing bad to say about them, but have heard a lot of the gripe.

They are the only ones continually streaming everything, they have no competition so no need to elevate their game. 

Flo’s business practices are a textbook example of why monopolies are (and should be) illegal.

The face if Flowrestling content was a cross country runner.  Nothing against cross country, but he’s clearly a product manager, not a sports enthusiast.  With the exception of bader, who I assume is legacy upper management, every single dude who put wrestling content and enthusiasm at the fore of their efforts has left.  

A long long time ago, it used to be possible to interact with the people from Flo.  Then, someone decided it was a bad idea to provide people a platform to get called out on for poor delivery of promised services, so Flo removed any level of community building or community interaction.

I’m looking forward to real competitors throwing their bats in the ring, bc Flo’s entire business is trying to monopolize broadcast rights for niche sports, and then sitting on them and under-delivering on what was promised while charging full price.

It’s the sports broadcasting rights version of what walmart does in small towns.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Lots of conspiracy theory pods mixed in with a good variety of wrestling info...:classic_cool:

Is Nahshon Garrett still offering both?

On a serious note, are any college teams using it for regular duals?  I believe App State tried it last year but are not doing it this year

• Haha 2