How good is Mitchell Mesenbrink?

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 minute ago, Lipdrag said:

I don't have the authority to grant or deny authority.  I am simply pointing out historical usage.  I will add example(s) of amateur sports marketing Nounifying an Adjective - Penn Relays.  It is just cooler sounding than Penn Relay Races.

thats fine, but go back and look at how this started, i pointed out a grammatical nuance for fun and in reference to previous discussion. i wasn't judging the "dual" people. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

13 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Most I know is Mitchell's dad was Keegan's coach at AWA so I'm sure they are very familiar with each other.  Coach Messenbrink deserves a lot of credit for developing what is now known as "funk wrestling".  One thing I love watching Mitchell do is letting opponents get in on a single leg and then working off his wizard.  It's a real work of art. 

Same high school too, I think.

But I thought Askren gave a lot of credit to Mike Eierman for funk development?

20 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't imagine it all came from one person. I recall a lot coming out of a club near Pittsburgh (Adam Frey's dad among others). I remember hearing of one guy from the 60s inspiring the club to develop it even though that guy wasn't really a big name.

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Same high school too, I think.

He absolutely did.  Meant that he's helped carry that torch as a coach for AWA.  He's also a big proponent of chain wrestling which compliments funk/scrambling. 

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted