Bedlam

flyingcement

Like seeing the Pokes get after it.  Last few years have been weird for them. Also they should always wear orange singlets… black and white singlets just don’t feel like Cowboy Wrestling in the same way.

5 freshmen in the Pokes lineup tonight. 

Edited by alex1fly

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah that looked like a high school heavyweight match.

But shouldn’t Doucet have been called for stalling for hanging on the ankle?

I don't remember if he got warned or maybe timed it correctly to avoid the call.  I do think he deserved the win.  Kindve like the Fri match wrestling a BIG boy, you can't make a mistake and get stuck on bottom, prob gonna be a 1pt or OT match.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

And yet somehow the announcers had no idea what he hurt, they were guessing his privates.

It looked like a hyperextension in the replay.  I kinda took issue with the ref calling stalling on him when he was wrestling injured.  I hope it wasn’t as bad as it looked.  The announcers were so homer that they could have been watching a different match.   One said Caldwell had come from North Carolina. 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

23 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It looked like a hyperextension in the replay.  I kinda took issue with the ref calling stalling on him when he was wrestling injured.  I hope it wasn’t as bad as it looked.  The announcers were so homer that they could have been watching a different match.   One said Caldwell had come from North Carolina. 

At one point the announcers were talking about the upcoming matches “we” could win, then I think even said something like “sorry I know this is an ESPN+ feed not OU” lol

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

At one point the announcers were talking about the upcoming matches “we” could win, then I think even said something like “sorry I know this is an ESPN+ feed not OU” lol

That’s Jack Spates for you. No attempt to be impartial, ever lol. At least he admits it!

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

During the 125 match, Spates was talking about Spratley and Hendrickson being roommates at Minnesota and how they knew each other so well (as they were shoving each other off the mat).  I don't know if he was confusing Hendrickson and Jamison, but Hendrickson has never had any association with Minnesota.

Then during Jamison's injury timeout he kept implying that he got hit in the jewels, meanwhile the trainers were looking at his elbow and testing his grip strength. 🤪  They even showed slow motion replay of his elbow hyper extending.  "Nope, kicked in the nutz".

18 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

During the 125 match, Spates was talking about Spratley and Hendrickson being roommates at Minnesota and how they knew each other so well (as they were shoving each other off the mat).  I don't know if he was confusing Hendrickson and Jamison, but Hendrickson has never had any association with Minnesota.

Then during Jamison's injury timeout he kept implying that he got hit in the jewels, meanwhile the trainers were looking at his elbow and testing his grip strength. 🤪  They even showed slow motion replay of his elbow hyper extending.  "Nope, kicked in the nutz".

Hendrickson did spend some time in Minnesota when he was looking for a home. It might be hard to believe, but he wasn't heavily recruited out of HS. So he spent some time in Minnesota and then spent some time with Kish. For a while, right after Kish took the OU job, he was considering Minnesota, North Dakota State, and Oklahoma. 

1 hour ago, MNRodent said:

Spratley/Hendrickson didn’t look too friendly during the match, but I think they did afterwards.   As @TexRef mentioned, the announcers said he was grayshirting in Minnesota.   

Yeah I was basically yelling at the computer during the Jamison injury…it was obviously his elbow, even if they couldn’t tell watching the slow mo it was clearly what the trainers were tending to and then right before they restarted wrestling Jamison was grabbing it as well.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Spratley/Hendrickson didn’t look too friendly during the match, but I think they did afterwards.   As @TexRef mentioned, the announcers said he was grayshirting in Minnesota.   

Yeah I was basically yelling at the computer during the Jamison injury…it was obviously his elbow, even if they couldn’t tell watching the slow mo it was clearly what the trainers were tending to and then right before they restarted wrestling Jamison was grabbing it as well.

@1032004 Yes grayshirting! That was the word I was looking for but I had a brain fart instead. Nice kid and was set on those 3 programs. When we were talking, I mentioned that there are other schools looking for a 125lber and that one school in particular with a plaid mat (I still believe that is the coolest D1 mat) even had a kid a few years ago that built similar to Hendrickson. He just smiled and said that he had narrowed down his options to those 3 choices.

I wish him all the best!