Hitler: The Lost Tapes of the Third Reich

WrestlingRasta

1 hour ago, mspart said:

WR - What is interesting about this?   Just one or two examples would be much appreciated.

mspart

The two most interesting things to me were how he was able to manipulate the German people in his rise to power, the tactics he used and such; and also how he was able to manipulate the world in the escalation of The War.

OK, I get that.   How did he convince so many of the righteousness of his cause when any outsider could look inside and know immediately something was seriously wrong?  How did he find equally evil men like Himmler and Goebbels etc to do this evil work?  

My wife read a book on this and many of the German people were like he's a kook but he can't get his kooky ideas done because we are a good society and we have means to thwart him.   But he changed the calculus and the courts etc and then there was nowhere to turn to.   The courts ruled in favor of the Nazis consistently, which many Germans didn't think could happen.  They became a full on dictatorship seemingly overnight.  It wasn't but it was sneaky so it felt like it.   

mspart

22 minutes ago, mspart said:

OK, I get that.   How did he convince so many of the righteousness of his cause when any outsider could look inside and know immediately something was seriously wrong?  How did he find equally evil men like Himmler and Goebbels etc to do this evil work?  

My wife read a book on this and many of the German people were like he's a kook but he can't get his kooky ideas done because we are a good society and we have means to thwart him.   But he changed the calculus and the courts etc and then there was nowhere to turn to.   The courts ruled in favor of the Nazis consistently, which many Germans didn't think could happen.  They became a full on dictatorship seemingly overnight.  It wasn't but it was sneaky so it felt like it.   

mspart

Divide and conquer…..get people to believe in who’s to hate for their problems.  And at the time he was getting started, Germany was having real problems. 

36 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Wow is this familiar or what?

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

Then in !936 the whole world was invited to the Olympic games. They hid all the signs that Jewish people were getting horribly treated and that Hitler was a Psycho  Narcissist .They rolled out the red carpet to all the World to see how wonderful Germany was.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Wow is this familiar or what?

Yes the Biden administration is doing the same thing now. They even want to take are rights away, control are speech and take away firearms. It seems eerily very familiar. Only one person arrested last night during the violent demonstrations ( by democrats)at the DNC headquarters. Police were assaulted and injured.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

My wife, after watching a few episodes, commented on how she picked up a few things that are very similar to what we are seeing now. I’ll let y’all argue over ‘which side’ is responsible for that. 

One thing for sure, and you can simply see it running through these threads here, is that stoking paranoia is definitely a similarity between then and now. 

Maybe the answer to this violent division we are experiencing lies within some answers and actions that don't require us to divide and blame??  Instead of finding ways in which we can categorize which side is 'worse', we can start at the basics of both 'sides' have fault and responsibility.....and work from there.

7 minutes ago, jross said:

Who is populist and anti-establishment?

Vivek, Trump, Stein, Kennedy? 

Vivek really needs to be a senator or Governor first. Running a small company where you may have a lot of control and input is quite a bit different then going to the swamp in Washington DC.

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The comparison between people protesting because the police kill an insane amount of people (and black people are way overrepresented in those numbers) and a mob who tried to storm the government to overturn the result of a democratic election is....INSANE lmao.

Would you say there were a few irregularities in that democratic election. Would you say that it is very curious that the most powerful law enforcement department in the world couldn't secure and protect the Capital Building on Jan. 6th.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Clown 1