Things that make you go hmmm…

uncle bernard

if i recall correctly, one of the first things The Taliban did was shut down all opium production as there's something that violates something in The Quran.

at the time, people in afghanistan were complaining b/c they said it was the only way they were making a living. 

TBD

3 hours ago, mspart said:

Heroin and opium were things people were hooked to way before the oxy's came out.   I'm not minimizing the impact the corps have had, just that they did not begin the issue. 

mspart

Dana White didn’t begin the UFC either…

Agreed my usage of words liens to it started with Pharm, which anyone knows the stories of Harlem, Vietnam, etc know that’s not the case. 

Pharm took opiates from a relatively small market, to a nationwide crisis. 

if i recall correctly, one of the first things The Taliban did was shut down all opium production as there's something that violates something in The Quran.
at the time, people in afghanistan were complaining b/c they said it was the only way they were making a living. 

The irony is that the Taliban were one of the main beneficiaries of the opium trade and used it as one of the primary sources of income to pay their fighters prior to our withdrawal.

One of the weirdest things about the Taliban is that they are now trying to completely rebrand themselves as the moderates of Afghanistan. Seriously. Their social media feeds are wild. As opposed to ISIS-K and others, that’s actually kind of true. And it was super weird seeing Taliban and US troops standing next to each other during the withdrawal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Le duke said:

The irony is that the Taliban were one of the main beneficiaries of the opium trade and used it as one of the primary sources of income to pay their fighters prior to our withdrawal.

One of the weirdest things about the Taliban is that they are now trying to completely rebrand themselves as the moderates of Afghanistan. Seriously. Their social media feeds are wild. As opposed to ISIS-K and others, that’s actually kind of true. And it was super weird seeing Taliban and US troops standing next to each other during the withdrawal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve found it to be very profitable:

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/biden-admin-has-given-2-35-billion-to-taliban-controlled-afghanistan/