Huskers

jajensen09

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

I'm not so sure about that. Taylor is a stud. 174 will be interesting.  Weight class will look alot different 

I’m not saying he isn’t a stud. He’s an 157 pounder wrestling 165. He is going to be on the small side. Saying that, I think I would rather have him at 165 though. Wilson has been a .500 wrestler the last 2 years. I’m wondering if we haven’t seen the best from him. 

15 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

I’m not saying he isn’t a stud. He’s an 157 pounder wrestling 165. He is going to be on the small side. Saying that, I think I would rather have him at 165 though. Wilson has been a .500 wrestler the last 2 years. I’m wondering if we haven’t seen the best from him. 

Bubba is a great addition to any lineup. He is a fringe AA candidate.  Had a decent showing at Ncaas last year too

8 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Bubba is a great addition to any lineup. He is a fringe AA candidate.  Had a decent showing at Ncaas last year too

That’s why I think he’ll be at 174. I’m not sure that he’s a fridge AAer though. There’s a reason they brought in multiple 165 portal guys this past spring and summer.

Edited by The Reaper

29 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Bubba is a high ceiling, low floor guy. NCAA's last year basically tells the story on Bubba Wilson. Beats a very tough Matthew Olguin in OT, then gets majored by Shane Griffith, then beats a game Connor Brady 5-2 before getting majored 10-0 by Austin Yant. 

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

That’s why I think he’ll be at 174. I’m not sure that he’s a fridge AAer though. There’s a reason they brought in multiple 165 portal guys this past spring and summer.

Who are the multiple guys they brought in from the Portal at 165?

12 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

I hate to tell you this, but they did. I know for a fact they were both on campus. I know a wrestler pretty well that was around both of them on their visits.

Bringing in high profile recruits =/= bringing them in.  Neither of the guys you mentioned enrolled at Nebraska.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

12 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

I hate to tell you this, but they did. I know for a fact they were both on campus. I know a wrestler pretty well that was around both of them on their visits.

I hate to tell you this, but Ojelnik is at Oklahoma State.

https://okstate.com/sports/wrestling/roster/izzak-olejnik/11335

Caliendo is at Iowa 

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster/michael-caliendo/

Might want to check your sources, I heard Ferris is very sick.  SAVE FERRIS. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

I hate to tell you this, but Ojelnik is at Oklahoma State.

https://okstate.com/sports/wrestling/roster/izzak-olejnik/11335

Caliendo is at Iowa 

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster/michael-caliendo/

Might want to check your sources, I heard Ferris is very sick.  SAVE FERRIS. 

🤦‍♂️ I didn’t say they enrolled, I said they visited. 

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

"Brought in" has two different meanings, but I understand where you are coming from. 

All I am saying, they were looking for a different option at 165 this offseason, and if Taylor is at 165, I’d rather see Wilson at 174 instead of Brown Ton. 

Edited by The Reaper

16 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

🤦‍♂️ I didn’t say they enrolled, I said they visited. 

You said they were brought in.  Visiting =/= brought in.  "Brought in" in this sort of usage is commonly used for incoming transfers, not visits.

I see what you're saying now, though.  Seemed a bit off at first (as you can tell by at least three other people going ... 'wtf are you on about?').

Trying to get Caliendo is an absolute no-brainer.  You bring him in and let him go what weight he wants... not that he wouldn't earn that anyways.

I am not as big a fan as the Northern Illinois kid.  One-hit wonder.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, The Reaper said:

They also poked around Truax and both Pinto and Allred are AA contenders.   Just because they are trying to upgrade doesn't mean the current guy on the roster is "bad"

Having said that, I do agree that Wilson is not a fringe AA guy.  Could he make a run on the backside or pull an upset, yes, but I don't know if he can get to the round of 12 or AA. 

Just now, Dogbone said:

They also poked around Truax and both Pinto and Allred are AA contenders.   Just because they are trying to upgrade doesn't mean the current guy on the roster is "bad"

Having said that, I do agree that Wilson is not a fringe AA guy.  Could he make a run on the backside or pull an upset, yes, but I don't know if he can get to the round of 12 or AA. 

I think if Truax came in, then Pinto would have probably went 174

51 minutes ago, The Reaper said:

I think if Truax came in, then Pinto would have probably went 174

Yeah idk what was going on. The pentz think doesn't make sense. He is no longer listed on the roster. Did he come in and think he could beat allred?? Or realize he wasn't big enough for heavyweight maybe

32 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Yeah idk what was going on. The pentz think doesn't make sense. He is no longer listed on the roster. Did he come in and think he could beat allred?? Or realize he wasn't big enough for heavyweight maybe

Not sure what happened there, but I think they wanted him at hwt 

Edited by The Reaper