Mike Johnson - Speaker of the House

mspart

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

A) That single poll doesn't say a single thing about Mike Johnson, it talks solely about one single aspect that is part of the proposed bill.

2) The poll doesn't say what you seem to think it says.

It appears to me that what Johnson did is what the people want.  Other polls show majority for Israel support.  They are done with Ukraine. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

A) That single poll doesn't say a single thing about Mike Johnson, it talks solely about one single aspect that is part of the proposed bill.

2) The poll doesn't say what you seem to think it says.

Never said it did. 

One party had a leader that tried to blackmail the President of Ukraine, by holding back much needed aid. That same party seems to think that doing it again will be a winning strategy for them, in the long run.  Never mind what happens to the people of that country and the country of whoever Putin feels like doing this to next. How have you not realized that they, not necessarily just Russia, is the villain in this story? 

But you probably won't answer that question either. 

2 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Never said it did. 

One party had a leader that tried to blackmail the President of Ukraine, by holding back much needed aid. That same party seems to think that doing it again will be a winning strategy for them, in the long run.  Never mind what happens to the people of that country and the country of whoever Putin feels like doing this to next. How have you not realized that they, not necessarily just Russia, is the villain in this story? 

But you probably won't answer that question either. 

Did you quote and respond to the person you intended to?

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

I would say it is close to criminal what the Democrats were doing with Feinstein in order to get her vote.

That was unsettling, NGL.  Still - What is the difference between telling someone how to vote on the floor vs bribing and coercing them how to vote behind closed doors?  We don’t need to know how the sausage is made?

7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The American taxpayers. 

Then you need to expand your horizons when it comes to where you are getting your information.  Believe it or not, there are more taxpayers than just those within MAGA.  I know its hard for some folks out there to see that far, but you'll get there.  I have faith.  Enjoy the journey.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

We won’t see a change.  There is a ‘til death do you part agreement with the 80 and 90 year olds.

Why do you think? There have been a bunch of younger reps that have been sworn in lately. Unfortunately the conservative ones seem like dumpster fires but the other ones seem pretty legit. 

13 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The American taxpayers. 

Hard 'disagree'. Is there a new toy to play with in Israel and Gaza? Ya. Will Christians ever waiver in their support for Israel? No, because where will the world come to an end other than from Israel. 

But if you give someone the facts as they stand and ask if we should support the defense of Ukraine, they'd probably say yes. 

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Then you need to expand your horizons when it comes to where you are getting your information.  Believe it or not, there are more taxpayers than just those within MAGA.  I know its hard for some folks out there to see that far, but you'll get there.  I have faith.  Enjoy the journey.

Oh, I know there’s a crowd of “print the money and throw caution to the wind” out there, but there are many more that are feeling the real effect of Bidenomics and are ready for a new approach.  

The average age of Ukrainian soldiers is 42.  That’s the average age of our Sergeant Majors and Lieutenant Colonels.  Russia’s economy is booming, stronger than before they invaded and the sanctions were imposed.  How many more Ukrainians need to die?  How much more money does Russia need?  Understanding the corruption, how much bigger does the MIC slush fund need to get?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Who’s laughing at dead Ukrainians?

Putin for sure. Maybe Iran, too. Most likely high fives everywhere in Belarus. And in NK probably celebrating, but don't think their turd leader is capable of laughing.

It's so hard to keep track of with all the hate in the world. It just keeps sprouting up everywhere.

... and I'm not even reading Facebook or Xwitter.

FBI Uncovers Horrifying Extremist Reading Material In Mike Johnson's Home

BENTON, LA — The Federal Bureau of Investigation announced today that it had discovered terrifying extremist reading material in a raid of Speaker of the House Mike Johnson's Louisiana home.

"We were very troubled by what we found during our totally legal raid," said FBI Special Agent Curt Schampers. "When our tactical team breached the door of the home, one of our lead agents called our attention to a piece of reading material on the living room coffee table. The reading material appeared to be a thick, leather-bound book that had pages with gold-gilded edges. Clearly some type of radical, religious text. This type of book is normally only found in the homes of truly dangerous individuals."

Eyewitnesses reported seeing FBI agents removing the book from the home in a sealed plastic bag for further investigation. "You could see the fear in their eyes," said Johnson's neighbor Darius Anderson. "I heard them talking to each other and saying they knew people who read that book were radical, unhinged fanatics who believe crazy things and want to take over the world. To think Mike Johnson is a part of something like that…it's pretty scary."

When asked to comment on what impact this discovery may have on Johnson's ability to serve effectively as Speaker of the House, Special Agent Schampers had only this to say: "This country would look a lot different if the kind of people who read that book were in charge of things."

At publishing time, the FBI refused to comment on horrifying reports that framed passages of religious texts were found hanging on the walls of the home.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-uncovers-horrifying-extremist-reading-material-in-mike-johnsons-home

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 2

20 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

There's 'personal responsibility' argument that holds no weight whatsoever. 

Firstly, there are already programs to relieve some borrowers of debt, long before Joe or Tiny-Hands McGee took office. 

Secondly, why is it, because you were lucky enough and sometimes it is just that, luck, that you were able to make it to your current situation that others weren't so lucky and could use a boost? You were able to help your kids achieve as much or more than yourself. Some are not afforded the privilege of that experience. How does it help anyone to keep them from getting a bit of help? Its not a zero-sum game. 

Third, can you tell me what the IRS is for, over how long, and what might it do to offset the entirety of the extra funding? I imagine you're going to ignore these questions because the answers might run counter to your narrative but I'll fill in the blanks on my next post if you don't know. If anyone wants to give away the answer, be my guest. 

Fourth, an initial round of loan forgiveness was offered to those that were victims of predatory lending and deceptive practices by institutions of higher learning. All things that the previous Orange guy and the Dep of Ed ignored and dragged out. Should we allow grifters to take advantage of people? The answer to this question will say a lot about you. 

Also, if you are hip with economics, many have said that some of the repayment options for holders of some of the loans are not as economically beneficial for the the debt holder or the payee. Could be a little confusing so my apologies. The US is the holder of the debt. We have an incentive for people to spend money to grow and diversify the economy. If borrowers cannot spend any money on good and/or services because they are repaying a loan to the US. It might not help as much to hold the debt as it would be to wipe it and allow people to spend that money on living their lives.  Either way its not a great look for a government to be making a profit(a small one but, nonetheless) on crippling debt that it holds over its citizens. 

That you want to punish people because you were fortunate enough to make it, makes you seem like a crappy person. Some people need help. Looking down your nose helps no one. 

Personal responsibility used to hold a lot of weight. Integrity used to hold a lot of weight. Making well thought out smart financial decisions used to hold a lot of weight. Its sad that today in our society that  many of these things don.t carry much weight.

• Fire 1

Success is not solely determined by luck or one's family background. 

Both my parents and my wife's parents had their first child while in high school, had their life and college paid for by joining the military, and made something of themself despite their economic circumstances.  Their personal responsibility helped them overcome unfortunate 'birth' luck.  

• Fire 1