Maine shooting

WrestlingRasta

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Between this post, and the previous post of yours that I quoted, I counted 16 posts that discussed mental health and/or red flags (which address mental health). Along the way, I didn’t go back to count these, but there were several posts that did not mention an AR at all, let alone bicker about them.  That’s not to say no one has mentioned an AR, obviously. 

So my sincere question to you is…..what the hell are you reading?

Again, my overall point was missed, my apologies if it wasn't clear...what I meant is that OVERALL, not just on here, why are we not spending more time talking about mental health?  The annoyance on here is that people do in fact bring it up and then the conversation get's bogged down because people have no idea what an AR actually is or the difference between that gun and let's say my dad's 280 semi-auto rifle, which he has a 30 round clip for but rarely useses, and would do A LOT more damage than an AR would.  I blame some of this on the media and most on ignorant people.  Anyway, again my point is why isn't the media blasting everyone about mental health instead of AR's?  Why do people on here only talk about AR's?  I can tell you, because it is easy and somehow makes people think it is a quick fix.  Gun violence in this country isn't a quick fix and banning an AR will do NOTHING to stop it or curb it.  The biggest problem with gun violence is in the inner cities and gang related activities...why not spend time flooding the media about that?  Why not figure out how to stop the cycle of underprivileged youth feeling they need to join a gang?  Why not change that culture versus the "gun culture" which this country was founded on?  My opinion, because those things are hard and people don't like hard....they like to blame objects, then ban them, and then sit back in their safe spaces until the next tragedy happens and then play the R v D game again, and again, and again.

By the way...this guy in Maine is as big of a coward and human trash as there can be...to chicken s@#$ to live and face the consequences for what he did.

However, he met the fate he ultimately deserved and hopefully would have gotten from the justice system.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Again, my overall point was missed, my apologies if it wasn't clear...what I meant is that OVERALL, not just on here, why are we not spending more time talking about mental health?  The annoyance on here is that people do in fact bring it up and then the conversation get's bogged down because people have no idea what an AR actually is or the difference between that gun and let's say my dad's 280 semi-auto rifle, which he has a 30 round clip for but rarely useses, and would do A LOT more damage than an AR would.  I blame some of this on the media and most on ignorant people.  Anyway, again my point is why isn't the media blasting everyone about mental health instead of AR's?  Why do people on here only talk about AR's?  I can tell you, because it is easy and somehow makes people think it is a quick fix.  Gun violence in this country isn't a quick fix and banning an AR will do NOTHING to stop it or curb it.  The biggest problem with gun violence is in the inner cities and gang related activities...why not spend time flooding the media about that?  Why not figure out how to stop the cycle of underprivileged youth feeling they need to join a gang?  Why not change that culture versus the "gun culture" which this country was founded on?  My opinion, because those things are hard and people don't like hard....they like to blame objects, then ban them, and then sit back in their safe spaces until the next tragedy happens and then play the R v D game again, and again, and again.

I literally just pointed out how much conversation on the topic there is here that is related to mental health, as well as other discussion that is not about AR’s. Your response is to apologize for not being more clear, then go on another long rant about “why do people (including on here) only talk about AR’s?” 

It appears you are less focused on the overall discussion and more on the portion of the discussion that gives you something to bicker. Same goes for your perspective of the outside world. Maybe try looking at what legislation has been presented and attempted to pass in regards to mental health, and why it has not. (Hint: you won’t find it on tucker). That could be a start.  In the meantime, broaden your horizons a little bit and realize there is in fact more to the discussion, and they are taking place,  than just the pieces you want to argue about. 

On 10/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, WrestlingRasta said:

I literally just pointed out how much conversation on the topic there is here that is related to mental health, as well as other discussion that is not about AR’s. Your response is to apologize for not being more clear, then go on another long rant about “why do people (including on here) only talk about AR’s?” 

It appears you are less focused on the overall discussion and more on the portion of the discussion that gives you something to bicker. Same goes for your perspective of the outside world. Maybe try looking at what legislation has been presented and attempted to pass in regards to mental health, and why it has not. (Hint: you won’t find it on tucker). That could be a start.  In the meantime, broaden your horizons a little bit and realize there is in fact more to the discussion, and they are taking place,  than just the pieces you want to argue about. 

Thanks for the suggestions on how to think and what to think about.