Rulon Gardner, the USA's last Olympic Greco gold medalist (2000), is trying out for the 2024 Olympics in Paris

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He's had 23 years to figure that out and the only thing he learned was a head pinch. He has always been dependent upon being bigger and stronger than his opponents but now that everyone is an adult the field has caught up. Having the largest neck and skull only goes so far. I stand by my opinion that he wouldn't finish higher than 8th and may likely not place if he switched to FS.

I think Marky Mark still has the largest skull.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He's the one who said he was unhappy with Greco leadership and was considering a different path moving forward.  I didn't say it for him.

What other path is there for him, if he stays wrestling?  Calling it quits after Folkstyle?  I don't buy it.  The guy has Olympic aspirations.

And don't think for one second that he wouldn't absolutely be a factor, were Gable to not give it a go.  He has the size and horsepower.  Let him focus on Freestyle for the year while spot-starting for ASU in Folkstyle and I would absolutely be a factor.

Transfer to Michigan and represent Germany internationally.

• Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Transfer to Michigan and represent Germany internationally.

I don't know how welcome he would be at CKWC.  Coon, Parris, and Davison all get real chippy with him.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 10/12/2023 at 10:02 AM, bnwtwg said:

I don't write him off for the lack of FS exposure. I write him off because Parris, Hendrickson, Davison, and Kerkvliet are grown-ass men now and would run a chugga chugga choo choo train double through the big boy. Stalling is not allowed in FS like it is in folk.

Not easy easy task taking down the big boy and if he ever gets on top I think his gut wrench would be dangerous.  Not that I see him winning the tournament, but he could definitely knock any US Heavy, with theh exception of Gable if he decides to compete.

Getting back to Lewis,  he then made that really bizarre comeback about ten years or so ago. 

Of course a Panther would,  but Moza Fay was the one to end it for him. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I remember CC's successful Olympic bronze-winning endeavor in '92 (in Barcelona, Spain).  He subsequently provided endorsement for a pain relief product company, maybe Bayer.   I recall that he lived on food stamps while training, according to one of his interviews.   Well done for a 38 year old at the Olympics.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, AgaveMaria said:

The closer we get to the trials the more danger Rulon is in.

Stay away from snowmobiles. Don't trip going through doors. Watch out for icy sidewalks. Don't get frosbitten fingers opening car doors in the snow. Don't go out in the dark without a flashlight.

Rulon is disaster prone so safety tips are  needed.

Also stay away from pickup basketball games.  I think I remember him getting injured in a pickup game at the OTC.