Open invitation for illegal immigrants?

jross

25 minutes ago, BobDole said:

It added nothing to what anyone was saying, but great information for my appearance on Jeopardy in the near future.

It certainly added context to the absurdity that these were flood gates, welded open to allow all that water to walk over to the gate to pass through, instead of going between the tubes and over the maybe inch tall bottom plate.  

Edited by Offthemat

10 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It certainly added context to the absurdity that these were flood gates, welded open to allow all that water to walk over to the gate to pass through, instead of going between the tubes and over the maybe inch tall bottom plate.  

This is called prevention, obviously you think so much of Biden that he would be able to predict that the monsoon season would be at a record low. I however, do not have that kind of faith in Biden. 

Even on the Elon site they added the following notes that it is REQUIRED.

image.png

Of course we won't let common sense nor facts get in the way here so let's keep this going.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

This is called prevention, obviously you think so much of Biden that he would be able to predict that the monsoon season would be at a record low. I however, do not have that kind of faith in Biden. 

Even on the Elon site they added the following notes that it is REQUIRED.

image.png

Of course we won't let common sense nor facts get in the way here so let's keep this going.

Odd that you use that term.  Being from Kansas, I would have thought you’d noticed how farmers dealt with fences that need to cross creeks and such.  I guess not.  But as you’ll notice in this link, flood gates tend to be wide and rather short.  The gates in the border wall are tall and narrow.  Just like you’d use for humans to pass through.  Flood gates also have the hinges on top, human doors or gates have hinges on the side. 

https://lefence.com/specialty-fences/water-gap-fencing-solutions/

Common sense ain’t so common, is it Bob.  

Edited by Offthemat

14 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Odd that you use that term.  Being from Kansas, I would have thought you’d noticed how farmers dealt with fences that need to cross creeks and such.  I guess not.  But as you’ll notice in this link, flood gates tend to be wide and rather short.  The gates in the border wall are tall and narrow.  Just like you’d use for humans to pass through.  Flood gates also have the hinges on top, human doors or gates have hinges on the side. 

https://lefence.com/specialty-fences/water-gap-fencing-solutions/

Common sense ain’t so common, is it Bob.  

I surely hope you are just playing dumb on here. The water gap fencing solutions are not the same as the border wall that you are referencing. If you want a deterrent from immigrants the border wall that you are referencing earlier is way better than a flimsy fence from your link. They are two different things and have vastly different purposes.

Please try again, it was a nice try.

18 minutes ago, BobDole said:

I surely hope you are just playing dumb on here. The water gap fencing solutions are not the same as the border wall that you are referencing. If you want a deterrent from immigrants the border wall that you are referencing earlier is way better than a flimsy fence from your link. They are two different things and have vastly different purposes.

Please try again, it was a nice try.

No sir.  I’m saying that any claim that the welded open gates in the border wall are “flood gates” is absurd.  Their placement and design, along with the design of the wall itself, betray this claim.  You’ve been hoodwinked again.  

34 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

No sir.  I’m saying that any claim that the welded open gates in the border wall are “flood gates” is absurd.  Their placement and design, along with the design of the wall itself, betray this claim.  You’ve been hoodwinked again.  

Who built that portion of the great wall? 
Why were the gates welded shut when Trump was president?

Or did Elon trick us again with notes under that tweet?

53 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Why would a flood gate/boarder wall gate need to be welded OPEN in the first place??  Let's try and answer that question with any sort of logical answer.

This article gives a thorough explanation
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N3AC241

The short answer is that it was an intentional design in that it is hard to engineer a wall that would be able to withstand monsoon season. I'm no wall/fence engineering expert, so that could be very wrong.

This is not a Biden thing as this was even done during Trump's reign.

11 minutes ago, BobDole said:

This article gives a thorough explanation
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N3AC241

The short answer is that it was an intentional design in that it is hard to engineer a wall that would be able to withstand monsoon season. I'm no wall/fence engineering expert, so that could be very wrong.

This is not a Biden thing as this was even done during Trump's reign.

Next time you need a flood gate to handle two and a half inches of rain over a three month season just let me know Bob.  I’ll be happy to help. 

My take on the article....the gates were put in for flooding reasons and are part of a boarder wall.  The gates themselves have been opened in other presidencies for flooding reasons.  Illegals cross through the gates when they are open.  There is no mention of if they are in fact welded open during this presidency.  Overall the "fact check" was really weak and not a lot of substance in terms of what is being argued here...other than yes they are flood gates on the boarder wall and they have been open before and illegals do cross through them when open.

57 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

My take on the article....the gates were put in for flooding reasons and are part of a boarder wall.  The gates themselves have been opened in other presidencies for flooding reasons.  Illegals cross through the gates when they are open.  There is no mention of if they are in fact welded open during this presidency.  Overall the "fact check" was really weak and not a lot of substance in terms of what is being argued here...other than yes they are flood gates on the boarder wall and they have been open before and illegals do cross through them when open.

The part that is being argued is the following question pertaining to the great Biden's opening of the flood gates. The attempt to explain that this was done before Biden was in office and reasons behind the necessity to do this fell on deaf ears(eyes).

On 9/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, Offthemat said:

If the wall didn’t work then why did Biden bother to weld the gates open?

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Next time you need a flood gate to handle two and a half inches of rain over a three month season just let me know Bob.  I’ll be happy to help. 

I'll forward your request to the people I know in Washington. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, BobDole said:

The part that is being argued is the following question pertaining to the great Biden's opening of the flood gates. The attempt to explain that this was done before Biden was in office and reasons behind the necessity to do this fell on deaf ears(eyes).

I think the argument is that yes the gates may have been open in other presidency's, however, in this presidency the gates have been "welded open", not just opened for the monsoon season...at least that is how I took what people are saying...especially since he specifically used the word "welded" when discussing it.

Just now, Bigbrog said:

I think the argument is that yes the gates may have been open in other presidency's, however, in this presidency the gates have been "welded open", not just opened for the monsoon season...at least that is how I took what people are saying...especially since he specifically used the word "welded" when discussing it.

Must be why people are being apprehended at the border as I write this,  eh?

Fantasy is reality and reality is fantasy. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

9 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

The welded part is addressed very lightly in all of the articles. Maybe that's the Biden crime family suppressing the MSM again.

Well, it is a moot point now.   Biden is building the wall now, all of the sudden, and ignoring all those necessary environmental laws.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4239648-biden-administration-waiving-federal-laws-border-wall-construction/

Truly a stunning reversal of policy.   Obviously the border is not secure like they have been saying since 2021. 

mspart

23 hours ago, BobDole said:

The welded part is addressed very lightly in all of the articles. Maybe that's the Biden crime family suppressing the MSM again.

I didn’t hear about any gates being welded open during Trump’s administration and the way he reduced the number of border crossings would suggest that if it happened, it was unbeknownst to him.  Any logical thinking person should be able to look at those gates and recognize them as personnel gates, that will allow water to pass through easily.  Looking at the small debris collected at the bottom of both the wall and the gates shows that this, indeed, has been happening.  You can see that the water current flows in the direction the camera is pointing.  These gates/doors open against that current, which would act to increase any pressure that might be applied.  The fence/wall is designed to allow water to flow through when the gates/doors are closed.  Their size and shape are personnel design.  Maybe critters, too. 

You be careful what you read.  Sense ain’t so common anymore. 

25 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I didn’t hear about any gates being welded open during Trump’s administration and the way he reduced the number of border crossings would suggest that if it happened, it was unbeknownst to him.  Any logical thinking person should be able to look at those gates and recognize them as personnel gates, that will allow water to pass through easily.  Looking at the small debris collected at the bottom of both the wall and the gates shows that this, indeed, has been happening.  You can see that the water current flows in the direction the camera is pointing.  These gates/doors open against that current, which would act to increase any pressure that might be applied.  The fence/wall is designed to allow water to flow through when the gates/doors are closed.  Their size and shape are personnel design.  Maybe critters, too. 

You be careful what you read.  Sense ain’t so common anymore. 

We don't want facts to get in the way of your opinions, I fully understand that.

Can you explain this then?

9 steel gates of Arizona's border wall ripped off by monsoon storms, 5 completely missing
https://www.12news.com/article/news/special-reports/at-the-border/9-steel-gates-of-arizona-border-wall-ripped-off-by-monsoon-storms-5-completely-missing/75-d1140599-f255-4b95-ad58-79f8b65cdce0

Or this
Trump’s border wall, vulnerable to flash floods, needs large storm gates left open for months
https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trumps-border-wall-vulnerable-to-flash-floods-needs-large-storm-gates-left-open-for-months/2020/01/30/be709346-3710-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

Since you seem to be a border wall and fence expert, I think you probably need to head to the southern border and build it better.