Keckeisen Tweet

peanut

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Read what I've said throughout.  No one single person bears the blame for this.   It's more complicated than how must of us are told to think these days. 

In addition, there were two different administrations during all of this. 

I've read what you have written throughout. It's the administrations fault. Failure to properly repair the building or provide the necessary information to the people that use the building falls on the administration alone. Yes, I know the administration has changed somewhat recently so its both their faults. 

• Fire 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:29 PM, peanut said:

Today, Keckeisen tweeted a picture of a pair of wrestling shoes and a soda in the middle of a basketball court.

Does anyone care to explain what this means?

He's a cheeze Internet Artist?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

How anyone can somehow imply the administration is not clearly at fault here is crazy.

If the current AD has been in the role for more than 2 years (I’m being generous) then the AD would have to be obtuse to not be aware of the issue.  And if the AD did not raise holy hell to get this fixed, well, the AD carries significant blame.  

Does the prior AD deserve blame?  Sounds like it but not sure of timing and what was attempted.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Gus said:

I've read what you have written throughout. It's the administrations fault. Failure to properly repair the building or provide the necessary information to the people that use the building falls on the administration alone. Yes, I know the administration has changed somewhat recently so its both their faults. 

Then I can't help but wonder why the building inspectors,  less than ten years ago,  approved of the millions of dollars in renovations when this was apparently so "obvious. "

Bottom line is that no one saw it being condemned until just recently when it was deemed as such.  No one hid anything. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

I've also never said,  but I'm personally happy with them moving into the McLeod Center for a few reasons. 

It's a win for the school too, as the West Gym was a sellout for nearly every meet, and the McLeod Center gives them an extra 3,000+ seats and tickets to sell.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

How anyone can somehow imply the administration is not clearly at fault here is crazy.

If the current AD has been in the role for more than 2 years (I’m being generous) then the AD would have to be obtuse to not be aware of the issue.  And if the AD did not raise holy hell to get this fixed, well, the AD carries significant blame.  

Does the prior AD deserve blame?  Sounds like it but not sure of timing and what was attempted.

As I said before, if yis lives here, its more complitated than Hunter Biden did it.

14 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I've also never said,  but I'm personally happy with them moving into the McLeod Center for a few reasons. 

It's a win for the school too, as the West Gym was a sellout for nearly every meet, and the McLeod Center gives them an extra 3,000+ seats and tickets to sell.

There are pros and cons to providing an extra 3,000 seats, the West Gym atmosphere of being a packed house and having the wrestlers in a small heated environment really seemed to give UNI a home mat advantage. The big question is whether UNI will be able to fill those extra 3,000 seats. As an outsider looking in it's been awesome to see Schwab have success and hope for continued success but this seems to be a hurdle that no Division 1 coach should have to balance with the rest of their duties. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, JVStateChamp said:

There are pros and cons to providing an extra 3,000 seats, the West Gym atmosphere of being a packed house and having the wrestlers in a small heated environment really seemed to give UNI a home mat advantage. The big question is whether UNI will be able to fill those extra 3,000 seats. As an outsider looking in it's been awesome to see Schwab have success and hope for continued success but this seems to be a hurdle that no Division 1 coach should have to balance with the rest of their duties. 

They just about filled it with last year's Iowa State meet. 

Purely for selfish reasons,  but I hated how packed the West Gym got,  and worst of all,  I'd have to get in my seat an hour before meets started just to get the seat I wanted.  I grew tired of it

I kind of thought the Schwab bandwagon deal would die off but no, no it hasn't.   Last season was AWESOME having elbow room and getting the twenty minutes before!

• Fire 1

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I see what you did there 

I suspeck you're looking too much into his comment. 

The West Gym IS small and VERY heated! They deliberately keep it hot during meets.

• Fire 2