2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

Somebody breakup that Japanese team... woah!

D3

Susaki is only 24, has four Worlds Gold medals and one Olympic Gold medal.

***duck duck goose**.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I've finished up a post about the ILLINOIS guys going Greco in the next few days. The brackets are out. I have a question: Zac Braunagel faces a first round opponent named Annamammedow from Turkmenistan at 87 kilos. There is not a wrestler by that name ranked in the top 100 by UWW at 87, 82 or 97 kg. 

I also checked the google and youtube and zilch. Finally, I translated "Wrestling Greco Annamammedow" into the Turkmen language (göreş Annamammedow grek) and got bupkis. Anybody know this guy? 

I'm sure people might have noticed with Japan's WFS team, but their entire team are comprised of their #1s and #2s from the Olympic weights.  All of the non-Olympic weight team members lost to the Olympic weight members in their version of the WTT.  In almost every case, the wins were razor thin with short time/almost at the buzzer.  The only exceptions to that were 50kg and 53kg.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I'm sure people might have noticed with Japan's WFS team, but their entire team are comprised of their #1s and #2s from the Olympic weights.  All of the non-Olympic weight team members lost to the Olympic weight members in their version of the WTT.  In almost every case, the wins were razor thin with short time/almost at the buzzer.  The only exceptions to that were 50kg and 53kg.

Why don't we see rent-a-wrestler type stuff happening with Japan like the Russian wrestlers in MFS? Japan is so stacked, it's hard to imagine other countries not wanting to poach some of that. Is it just a lack of local support elsewhere for WFS?

Just now, CHROMEBIRD said:

Why don't we see rent-a-wrestler type stuff happening with Japan like the Russian wrestlers in MFS? Japan is so stacked, it's hard to imagine other countries not wanting to poach some of that. Is it just a lack of local support elsewhere for WFS?

Japan has respect and honor for their system.

• Fire 1

Poland showing some aggression now... keeps trying to stand Maroulis up to force a throw... kind of manages one but only gets 2 exposure in the ensuing sequence.  Maroulis ends on top.  2-1 exchange.

Maroulis up 7-2 with 1M15S to go.

Action starts again after the failed challenge with 5S to go.  10-6 Maroulis.

Maroulis shoots.  Holds on to the legs for 4S.  Wins.

Maroulis 10-6 is your Bronze medal winner.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Action starts again after the failed challenge with 5S to go.  10-6 Maroulis.

Maroulis shoots.  Holds on to the legs for 4S.  Wins.

Maroulis 10-6 is your Bronze medal winner.

Good work... another world medal.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.