Asking for a friend ...

ionel

Ban offered a wager to anyone (excluding any current Iowa wrestlers under 21) on the board that he could get them gambling by the end of the day. Nobody took the bait at first, but after he offered 50X odds, Bob Dole was all in.

Apparently Bob wants to bring down the ban hammer, but is holding off for the time being in hopes of collecting.

6 hours ago, PencilNeck said:

Ban offered a wager to anyone (excluding any current Iowa wrestlers under 21) on the board that he could get them gambling by the end of the day. Nobody took the bait at first, but after he offered 50X odds, Bob Dole was all in.

Apparently Bob wants to bring down the ban hammer, but is holding off for the time being in hopes of collecting.

OK, Scoop Hannity.

You're on the inside track, eh?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

22 minutes ago, stealyphil223 said:

I once met Ban at the national duals in 2008, guys was a feeble little man back then. 

Sure about that? I've met exactly four people from these forums over the years,  and I don't believe that you would be one of the four for a a few reasons.

Of the four that I've met NONE of our meetings were at the national duals.  Two,  I'm still friends with three of them,  and the other is still friendly with me.  Finally,  " little man?" Most who meet me are surprised at how tall I am. 

I doubt it. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

59 minutes ago, stealyphil223 said:

I once met Ban at the national duals in 2008, guys was a feeble little man back then. 

Keep forgetting to ask but every time I see one of your post I always wonder if you're friends with Steely Dan?

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Keep forgetting to ask but every time I see one of your post I always wonder if you're friends with Steely Dan?

Ahh... you are certainly Reelin' in the Years.

xyB5aujFnJGkiP6PsKK9d9.jpg

D3

• Fire 3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

21 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

But not tall enough for basketball?  Is that where the hate stems from?

It's almost a six page story to describe the evolution of my name,  so I'll keep it as short as possible. 

I wrestled up until 8th grade and actually coverted to being a basketball player,  which I then played in high school.   Yes,  I was a center,  but also because of my stature.  I could "hold my own" under the glass. 

When my nephews got heavily involved with wrestling, it re-ignited my love for the sport.  Noticing that wrestling always got backseat coverage to basketball-yes, even living here in Iowa-I grew a little embittered by it, so when wrestling message boards began around 2000, that's the name I chose and have kept for recognition purposes ever since.

I'm back to liking and appreciating basketball again,  so the name doesn't exactly fit today.  I follow UNI basketball and whoever beats the Sqwawkers regularly. 

That's it!

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 2