Koll off to UNC

MPhillips

16 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

We know wrestling moves that we nevertheless keep drilling year-after-year.   Math seems analogous.   Skipping out on first year coursework in college because one has AP coursework from elsewhere might not be as wise as drilling year after year before advancing.   Some can do it though, as you've pointed out.  

Its not about the AP class, its whether you already know the material.  Good grief!  Its not wrestling its math.  

If comfortable with only 80% then.prob retake but if if absolutely knoww 100% then whats the point.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, flyingcement said:

So the time of one month has surely passed by now.  Pretty cool and interesting that there were zero transfer requests made as a result of a major coaching change.  I guess having academic standards and network of Stanford puts you in a spot where once kids get in, they will be unlikely to leave.  Real Woods and Joey McKenna are a couple examples of guys who did though.

I think Real Woods and Joey McKenna are bad examples as I am pretty sure both had completed undergrad degrees at Stanford prior to leaving.  

5 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I think Real Woods and Joey McKenna are bad examples as I am pretty sure both had completed undergrad degrees at Stanford prior to leaving.  

Unless he did a GS year prior to his RS year, taking classes that Stanford would accept, and then knew that he wanted to graduate in "3" (RS, RSFR, SO), that seems unlikely.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/24215/mckenna-joseph/profile

Real Woods did four years at Stanford. RS, RSFR, SO and JR. 

https://www.wrestlestat.com/season/2022/wrestler/50664/woods-real/profile

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Unless he did a GS year prior to his RS year, taking classes that Stanford would accept, and then knew that he wanted to graduate in "3" (RS, RSFR, SO), that seems unlikely.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/24215/mckenna-joseph/profile

Real Woods did four years at Stanford. RS, RSFR, SO and JR. 

https://www.wrestlestat.com/season/2022/wrestler/50664/woods-real/profile

Yeah I don't believe McKenna had graduated, as I know there were several folks questioning the transfer for academic reasons.   But Woods and Griffith did.

11 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Still listed one the website along with Ayres. Also still reposting stanford related posts on social media. 

That's a good sign.... I believe they can still hire 1-2 more guys. Crazy that this carousel all happened within weeks of the official start of the season. Gotta wonder who goes to the portal for both schools this spring. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Definitely looks like Deakin is staying, he was tagged in this post

And I do see him reposting the Stanford stuff now, but interestingly his only post between when Ayres was hired and the next 3+ weeks were about Sebastian Rivera at worlds and his iPhone getting finicky.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Definitely looks like Deakin is staying, he was tagged in this post

And I do see him reposting the Stanford stuff now, but interestingly his only post between when Ayres was hired and the next 3+ weeks were about Sebastian Rivera at worlds and his iPhone getting finicky.

Probably a tough 3 weeks wondering what was going to happen. 
if Brucki heads out I think they have one more spot to fill. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐