All-Timers Who Walk Among Us (well not me, but among some of you)

13 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I was in the fifth grade...Mrs. Peterson...Horace Mann Elementary

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Good memory. Better than mine. I can remember Mrs. Black my second grade teacher. Thats as far back as I can go.

But how many times were you sent to the hall?  😉

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, ionel said:

We could hear the sound echoing down through the halls  in Jr,High , I really didn't want any part of that.   But in high school the male english teacher boarded me for not having the correct paper or pencils , He was a little crazy. The good old days.

56 minutes ago, ionel said:

So did you fare any better? Side note: My dad was World War 11 vet. He was very tough but fair. Zero tolerance for misbehaving , being disrespectful . If you got in trouble in school you would get a good whoppin when you got home. It really made you think twice before doing something stupid. The good old days.

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

So did you fare any better? Side note: My dad was World War 11 vet. He was very tough but fair. Zero tolerance for misbehaving , being disrespectful . If you got in trouble in school you would get a good whoppin when you got home. It really made you think twice before doing something stupid. The good old days.

My 3rd grade teacher was Miss Hall.  I really liked her but one time she did send me to the hall.  😞

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, ionel said:

I was sent to the hall once....history/8th grade, Mr. Folger....great teacher....I was innocent that day, but had been guilty before, so I didn't argue just went to the hall.  Then I got in trouble with Mrs. Starr (student council advisor/8th grade)  who saw me in the hall.  I also got paddled once by my math teacher Mr. Grau....that was the last time I was ever in trouble.

• Fire 1

53 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I tried to make it look like the roman numerals. Computer doesn't have that option. But I can't edit it now.

It was too late for you... to put up the "2"

You have but 15 minutes of "fame"... to edit that frame.

Before THE final change ... that will lay down the blame.

Because you were too slow ... now you'll have to let that go.

(😏Ho, ho! 😁)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

10 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

It was too late for you... to put up the "2"

You have but 15 minutes of "fame"... to edit that frame.

Before THE final change ... that will lay down the blame.

Because you were too slow ... now you'll have to let that go.

(😏Ho, ho! 😁)

D3

I guess my 15 minutes of fame is lost forever. Also Gimpeltf is searching through the history books just in case he might have missed 9 other wars.

edge cases here, edge cases there, edge cases everywhere.

How do you deal with Kevin Randleman who was academically ineligible his senior year, but 2, 1, 1 prior to that? Or for reasons I cannot discover, Gary Albright who perhaps did not wrestle his sophomore year?

If nothing else, Albright gets bonus points for his National Wrestling HOF picture.

He was inducted as a professional wrestler. Love the faux Nebraska singlet combined with the boxer stance, to say nothing of the coif. RIP, big man.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

edge cases here, edge cases there, edge cases everywhere.

How do you deal with Kevin Randleman who was academically ineligible his senior year, but 2, 1, 1 prior to that? Or for reasons I cannot discover, Gary Albright who perhaps did not wrestle his sophomore year?

If nothing else, Albright gets bonus points for his National Wrestling HOF picture.

He was inducted as a professional wrestler. Love the faux Nebraska singlet combined with the boxer stance, to say nothing of the coif. RIP, big man.

I vote you give Albright at least  6 bonus points, Now Randleman should get at least 7 points because he was really bad dude.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It sure doesn't. When I did the total I missed his pigtails. I went back later to backfill the breakdown which includes his pigtail points. Now I have more work to do.

Wrestleworkabunch   🙂

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

One small mistake , Out of 3500 sequences and calculations. Thats awfully good. Thanks for you hard work. 

Yes... a lot of work.  Did he adjust the bonus point schema from prior years to align with today's scoring (DEC, MAJ, TF, FALL)?  

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It sure doesn't. When I did the total I missed his pigtails. I went back later to backfill the breakdown which includes his pigtail points. Now I have more work to do.

When you scored a wrestler from that era, how did you calculate bonus points for a decision by 12-14 points?  Would have been a superior decision back then, but only a major decision today.  Advancement points were completely different back then, as were placement points.

Edited by lu_alum
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Yes... a lot of work.  Did he adjust the bonus point schema from prior years to align with today's scoring (DEC, MAJ, TF, FALL)?  

When you scored a wrestler from that era, how did you calculate bonus points for a decision by 12-14 points?  Would have been a superior decision back then, but only a major decision today.  Advancement points were completely different back then, as were placement points.

Covered in the note in the OP. Everything was scored using today's scoring. 

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge