No talk of Earth's recent broken Heat Wave?

PortaJohn

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

I worked construction in Phoenix while I was in college.   Outside work.   Miserable in the summer. 

mspart

went to vegas last summer july 29 - aug 2 or so

we were out enjoying our time. not working mind you.

we got in an uber and they guy says, man how canyou stand it out there, it's so hot.

i said ohyeah.. whats the temp

he said 97. i said no way. 97 in nebraska you would have asked me to change my clothes before i got in the car.

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I worked construction in Phoenix while I was in college.   Outside work.   Miserable in the summer. 

mspart

That was dumb… wasn’t there an ice cream shop or something hiring?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

I honestly don't mind it.  I'm outside a decent part of the day, granted it's not labor.  I will say I cut the grass in three parts during the summer:   Front right at 6:30am Saturday; front left at about 7:00pm, and then the back 6:30 the next morning.

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Lived in Ohio but went to wrestle in college in Yuma ,Arizona. Extremely hot.

I was doing plastering in Phoenix.   We felt pretty bad for the road workers and the roofers.   But then I went inside one of the buildings and there was no breeze, it was just still air, oppresively hot.   And the dry wallers had to work in that.   So I had sympathy for them too.

mspart

32 minutes ago, mspart said:

I was doing plastering in Phoenix.   We felt pretty bad for the road workers and the roofers.   But then I went inside one of the buildings and there was no breeze, it was just still air, oppresively hot.   And the dry wallers had to work in that.   So I had sympathy for them too.

mspart

What state did you wrestle in? Did you have a lot of success?

I wrestled in WA and no I did not have a lot of success.   I never went to State.   In 10th grade I just missed by one match going to State.   I should have  won that match but my head wasn't in it.   11 grade I got Russian Flu just before the tourney time.   12 grade I hyperextended my elbow Spraining it badly and that ended my season.   I feel I was on a path to go to State that year, but was injured.   My elbow still does not straighten out after all these years.   Never wrestled college but did win one season of Intramural Wrestling.   Also I participated in various old man wrestling tourneys including 3 US Veterans Championships.   So I kept my hand in it but never did very good.  

I just love the sport but was never super good at it.   I was adequate enough to help coach kids though.   And that was really the most fulfilling and enjoyable.   I quit the coaching thing a few years ago as my body hurt for months after the season.  Just too old to do that stuff anymore. 

mspart

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

I wrestled in WA and no I did not have a lot of success.   I never went to State.   In 10th grade I just missed by one match going to State.   I should have  won that match but my head wasn't in it.   11 grade I got Russian Flu just before the tourney time.   12 grade I hyperextended my elbow Spraining it badly and that ended my season.   I feel I was on a path to go to State that year, but was injured.   My elbow still does not straighten out after all these years.   Never wrestled college but did win one season of Intramural Wrestling.   Also I participated in various old man wrestling tourneys including 3 US Veterans Championships.   So I kept my hand in it but never did very good.  

I just love the sport but was never super good at it.   I was adequate enough to help coach kids though.   And that was really the most fulfilling and enjoyable.   I quit the coaching thing a few years ago as my body hurt for months after the season.  Just too old to do that stuff anymore. 

mspart

WTF… This whole time I thought you were from Mississippi. Guess I’ll move on to my next theory that you are a Bill Gates fan.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I honestly don't mind it.  I'm outside a decent part of the day, granted it's not labor.  I will say I cut the grass in three parts during the summer:   Front right at 6:30am Saturday; front left at about 7:00pm, and then the back 6:30 the next morning.

🇯🇲 You rascal. If the yard is the one you post pics of, there isn't much mowing going on...

1 minute ago, DJT said:

WTF… This whole time I thought you were from Mississippi. Guess I’ll move on to my next theory that you are a Bill Gates fan.

Ha!!   I lived in Huntsville AL age 1-11.   Born in Seattle, lived in Bellevue, WA from age 11-18.   Huntsville is close to Mississippi but I think I have only been in that state once.  

mspart 

23 hours ago, headshuck said:

That’s interesting, but it’s just a link. You need to add your own personal comments otherwise you’re adding no value to this discussion.

True story.

If you don't actually have a point... well, you can't make your point.

Without a point, you're just another dummy who found something they like on Twitter. 

OIP.DegGv53DFs8vm5hp50LQRwAAAA?pid=ImgDe