2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

32 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

So we just spot Russia ten percentage points in the presidential election and call it a day?

No, but to act so offended by their actions while we’re doing much worse is disingenuous at best. Also, where is all the outrage about China’s election interference? What about the Ukraine’s meddling in our politics?

• Fire 2

13 minutes ago, DJT said:

No, but to act so offended by their actions while we’re doing much worse is disingenuous at best. Also, where is all the outrage about China’s election interference? What about the Ukraine’s meddling in our politics?

Offended is unequal to aware.  We are talking about our election, not somebody else's. China and Ukraine are all over the front page, 24/7.   What about Equatorial Guinea and Nepal?

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Offended is unequal to aware.  We are talking about our election, not somebody else's. China and Ukraine are all over the front page, 24/7.   What about Equatorial Guinea and Nepal?

What corporate news organization dares speak ill of China? Fox is the only one that even feigns consternation of Ukraine.

When it comes down to it, if we don’t want other countries f’ing with us, maybe we should stop f’ing with them. We are supposed to provide the moral compass for the world, and we fail miserably on that accord.

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, DJT said:

What corporate news organization dares speak ill of China? Fox is the only one that even feigns consternation of Ukraine.

When it comes down to it, if we don’t want other countries f’ing with us, maybe we should stop f’ing with them. We are supposed to provide the moral compass for the world, and we fail miserably on that accord.

Do you believe others try to manipulate us because we try to manipulate them?  Would they stop if Mary Poppins were running the show over here?

7 minutes ago, DJT said:

Reporting on some of their economic woes is hardly speaking ill of China in comparison to what they report on Russia and Putin, even in personal manner, that they never do with Xi. 

I mean I could spend more than three minutes looking, and come up with a number for articles with all kinds of degree of severity, instead of just copying the first five outlets that came up in a search, but I think the point is clear. 

The information that is not being reported on and the arrests that aren’t being made…….they clearly are.  But there are People who  aren’t interested in truly knowing whether the information is available, let along get into it….they’d prefer to have something to strike at. 

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Documents trial was set for May of ‘24, and there’s word both GA and DC indictments will recommend held without bond for trial.  Going to be an interesting election season. 

Do you really think the secret service is going to let him be held without bail? Electronic monitoring and/or home detention… maybe, but still unlikely.

Really, any condition that limits his ability to campaign will be considered election interference, and I don’t think any judge will want to give that perception. Even for a prosecutor to ask for it could come back on them in the trial and subsequent appeals (if convicted) as evidence of malicious prosecution with the intent to disrupt his candidacy.

On the other hand, I could absolutely see a backroom deal being made with all of the prosecutors involved and Trump’s lawyers, where Trump will cease his candidacy and fade from the public eye in exchange for all charges being dropped.

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, DJT said:

Do you really think the secret service is going to let him be held without bail? Electronic monitoring and/or home detention… maybe, but still unlikely.

Really, any condition that limits his ability to campaign will be considered election interference, and I don’t think any judge will want to give that perception. Even for a prosecutor to ask for it could come back on them in the trial and subsequent appeals (if convicted) as evidence of malicious prosecution with the intent to disrupt his candidacy.

Except for one major detail: 

There is significant precedent for individuals accused of the same federal crimes he has already been indicted for to be held without bail. 

If the coming charges that our being reported are accurate, there is significant precedent for individuals of same crimes who were held for trial without bail. 

The election interference nonsense is clickbait talking points rung up by MAGA for the sake of public agenda. The start of investigations and subpoenas way before he declared his candidacy, even though he did way before his own party wanted him to, only to try to stave off prosecution, and call it election interference.

As for the secret service, I don’t believe if a federal judge remands a felony defendant held without bail, they have any authority to override him/her.  

All that said, I never said I THINK they are going to hold him without bail (why do people have such a hard time just sticking to what was said?) I said rumor is that’s what they are going to recommend.  In here I said there’s certainly precedent for it in terms of the crimes alleged.  

On other note, it’s insane to me that there is debate and consideration of a judicial timeline because a candidate will, at the time of the Republican primary, be under indictment in four different jurisdictions for around 100 or more felony counts, with strong evidence (at least that has been the trend of already executed federal indictments) . Take all the party blinders off….that’s just insane. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

22 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

All that said, I never said I THINK they are going to hold him without bail (why do people have such a hard time just sticking to what was said?) I said rumor is that’s what they are going to recommend.  In here I said there’s certainly precedent for it in terms of the crimes alleged.  

Geez… You see that “?” at the end of the sentence? That little guy there means I asked a question, not made a statement or any implication. Stick to what I said. 😁

None of the people charged with these crimes has ever been a President, nor a leading Presidential candidate for a major party, so all precedence goes out the window.

I also believe the Secret Service has more say than you’d think. It was them who negotiated the terms of surrender and the manner for which the processing took place in New York (almost everyone gets cuffed, without exception, but Trump didn’t). Even with electronic monitoring, the Secret Service would likely raise serious security concerns.

It’s equally insane that the FBI buried Hunter’s  laptop and refused to indict Hillary because they supposedly didn’t want to interfere with those elections, which just so happened to be against Trump. Do I believe it’s all a big conspiracy? I don’t have to. The appearance of corruption is just as damaging as actual corruption. It’s like if someone has 20 shell companies and makes complex monetary transactions from foreign sources through them; it doesn’t matter what the reason for it is, because it just looks shady on its face.

That being said, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know much in the grand scheme of things... It’s mostly speculation and somewhat informed opinion, but it is fun to discuss this stuff and read different perspectives of real people (not paid shills). I never get worked up over politics on here, and, half the time, I’m laughing as I shoot off a post just imagining some of the other posters fuming about it on the other side of the interweb. I honestly don’t care what happens with Trump or Hunter or the Big Guy (I just hope he hangs in there long enough for there to not be a President Kamala). 

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, jross said:

Smart. 

$14M budget, already grossed $105M, and it’s showing week over week box office gains pretty much every day…. Meanwhile, Disney is bracing for a nine-figure loss on Indiana Jones.

Sooner or later, corporations will start recognizing the buying power of the other half of America, because that half has certainly learned how to use it as of late. The left wants corporations to “take a stand,” while the right just wants them to shut the F up and do their jobs. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, DJT said:

Geez… You see that “?” at the end of the sentence? That little guy there means I asked a question, not made a statement or any implication. Stick to what I said. 😁

None of the people charged with these crimes has ever been a President, nor a leading Presidential candidate for a major party, so all precedence goes out the window.

I also believe the Secret Service has more say than you’d think. It was them who negotiated the terms of surrender and the manner for which the processing took place in New York (almost everyone gets cuffed, without exception, but Trump didn’t). Even with electronic monitoring, the Secret Service would likely raise serious security concerns.

It’s equally insane that the FBI buried Hunter’s  laptop and refused to indict Hillary because they supposedly didn’t want to interfere with those elections, which just so happened to be against Trump. Do I believe it’s all a big conspiracy? I don’t have to. The appearance of corruption is just as damaging as actual corruption. It’s like if someone has 20 shell companies and makes complex monetary transactions from foreign sources through them; it doesn’t matter what the reason for it is, because it just looks shady on its face.

That being said, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know much in the grand scheme of things... It’s mostly speculation and somewhat informed opinion, but it is fun to discuss this stuff and read different perspectives of real people (not paid shills). I never get worked up over politics on here, and, half the time, I’m laughing as I shoot off a post just imagining some of the other posters fuming about it on the other side of the interweb. I honestly don’t care what happens with Trump or Hunter or the Big Guy (I just hope he hangs in there long enough for there to not be a President Kamala). 

Too long didn't read - Blah, blah way toooo long. 

If you've got a succinct point, make it. If you don't - then find one.