Your thoughts on SCOTUS decision on student loan denial

Paul158

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Like Obama with Dreamers, seeing he couldn't get it through Congress, he decided to do it by EO.   The problem with EOs is that they have the seeming force of law until such time as it is challenged and stopped by a judge or justice somewhere. 

That is really the root of it.  EOs are supposed to be a declaration to the executive branch on how to operate within the bounds of established law.   They are not supposed to be law and Constitutionally speaking, they cannot be law. 

Sure it was a campaign promise designed to buy votes.   But it also was a naked attempt to gain power for the executive branch at the detriment to the Legislative branch.   SCOTUS was right to call a halt to this.   The lower judge was right to put a halt to this until SCOTUS could weigh in.   Go through Congress.   If the people vote in people opposed to this, then the people have spoken. 

mspart

The other process is through executive orders. A large portion of EOs in the early days of a presidency are reversing EOs of the previous president.

In their first 100 days Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden used 45%, 37%, 24%, and 50%, respectively, of their EOs to revoke prior EOs.

But one EO can be used to revoke multiple EOs, so even this is an understatement. Bush revoked 5 total EOs, Obama revoked 9, Trump revoked 13, and Biden revoked a whopping 67.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

This is just classic political debate.  If Nancy Pelosi said anything left-leaning, people who agree with your apparent political leanings would either ignore it or blast it.  Because she agrees with your pre-existing opinion, her words now have value?

EDIT:  I'm not even sayin that you're the only person or that conservatives are the only ones who do this.  I'm just talking about the value of this type of discussion without something of substance beyond their statements.  She also issued this (also valueless) statement after the decision:

https://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-releases/pelosi-statement-on-supreme-court-decision-on-president-biden-s-student-loan

And I consider this spin.  For a moment in time, however brief, polosi spoke truth, and then later returned to the same ol’ dimocrat line of women, children, and color people most hurt.  Biden made a similar reference to the unconstitutionality in 2019, but that was before he decided to use the debtors in his electoral game.  

Robeerts used her statement because it was factual, because even a dimocrat like polosi and biden knew it was unconstitutional.  Compare the list of unanimous decisions in Trump’s favor to biden and obama’s defeats in the court and spin that. 

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The other process is through executive orders. A large portion of EOs in the early days of a presidency are reversing EOs of the previous president.

In their first 100 days Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden used 45%, 37%, 24%, and 50%, respectively, of their EOs to revoke prior EOs.

But one EO can be used to revoke multiple EOs, so even this is an understatement. Bush revoked 5 total EOs, Obama revoked 9, Trump revoked 13, and Biden revoked a whopping 67.

Doing so, biden sank our economy, is on the verge of losing reserve currency status, diminished our position internationally and defensively, sold most of our Strategic Petroleum Reserves to china, opened our southern border to over two million illegal immigrants per year including chinese spies and terrorists from around the world, while guiding the law enforcement and surveillance apparatus to attack his political adversaries.  Not bad for a foreign agent. 

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

And I consider this spin.  For a moment in time, however brief, polosi spoke truth, and then later returned to the same ol’ dimocrat line of women, children, and color people most hurt.  Biden made a similar reference to the unconstitutionality in 2019, but that was before he decided to use the debtors in his electoral game.  

Robeerts used her statement because it was factual, because even a dimocrat like polosi and biden knew it was unconstitutional.  Compare the list of unanimous decisions in Trump’s favor to biden and obama’s defeats in the court and spin that. 

Totally.

16 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Doing so, biden sank our economy, is on the verge of losing reserve currency status, diminished our position internationally and defensively, sold most of our Strategic Petroleum Reserves to china, opened our southern border to over two million illegal immigrants per year including chinese spies and terrorists from around the world, while guiding the law enforcement and surveillance apparatus to attack his political adversaries.  Not bad for a foreign agent. 

I really wish I knew what you are talking about. More importantly, I wish you knew what you are talking about.

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I really wish I knew what you are talking about. More importantly, I wish you knew what you are talking about.

I really wish you and a lot of other voters were more informed but that would require being more interested. 

11 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I really wish you and a lot of other voters were more informed but that would require being more interested. 

I am interested.

Which one of Biden's executive orders revoking a Trump executive order a) sank the economy, b) put us on the verge of losing reserve currency status, c) diminished our stand internationally, d) dimished or standing defensively, e) sold most of our Strategic Petroleum Reserves to china, f) opened our southern borders to over two million illegal immigrants including chinese spies and terrorists from around the world, g) guided law enforcement and surveillance apparatus to attack his political adversaries? And please be specific as I am very interested.

• Fire 2

I am interested.
Which one of Biden's executive orders revoking a Trump executive order a) sank the economy, b) put us on the verge of losing reserve currency status, c) diminished our stand internationally, d) dimished or standing defensively, e) sold most of our Strategic Petroleum Reserves to china, f) opened our southern borders to over two million illegal immigrants including chinese spies and terrorists from around the world, g) guided law enforcement and surveillance apparatus to attack his political adversaries? And please be specific as I am very interested.

Don’t you know?

Those are the secret ones the cabal don’t want you to know about. /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Precisely. So, educate me. Make the scales fall from my eyes.

Follow my list.  Start with biden’s clampdown on oil production, causing worldwide inflation and making money flow to Russia/putin.  Finish with his reversal of Trump’s Remain in Mexico order. 
Look up BRICS. 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1

Follow my list.  Start with biden’s clampdown on oil production, causing worldwide inflation and making money flow to Russia/putin.  Finish with his reversal of Trump’s Remain in Mexico order. 
Look up BRICS. 

Clampdown on oil production?

Where? How?

Industry statistics show a three month rolling average that continually increases.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/crude-oil-production

24 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Clampdown on oil production?

Where? How?

Industry statistics show a three month rolling average that continually increases.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/crude-oil-production

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_ending_stocks_of_crude_oil_in_the_strategic_petroleum_reserve

Edited by Offthemat

Wait. So he didn’t clamp down on production through EO, bill signedbjnto law, government agency, etc.? What you said was…wrong? Got it.

Like I said. The domestic oil production three month rolling average has increased every month he’s been in office.

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Look up BRICS. 

Ok, this is what I found:

In an executive order issued about a week after taking office, Biden said his administration would "pause new oil and natural gas leases on public lands or in offshore waters," pending a review of current policies, "including potential climate and other impacts."

This order was far more limited than stopping all domestic drilling. It would not have blocked any drilling on private land, and it would not have stopped any drilling that stemmed from federal leases already in force....

Within six months, a federal judge in Louisiana blocked Biden’s order on federal leases, saying that Congress alone has the authority to pause oil and gas leasing. This put those leases back on track....

The bottom line is that oil drilling on federal lands has expanded on Biden’s watch. The number of federal drilling permits granted hit a new high, for instance...

Production on federal lands has risen as well....

Beyond federal lands, domestic oil production has risen overall as well. Production under Biden has exceeded that in two of the four years under President Donald Trump. And the Energy Department’s official projection for 2023 shows domestic oil production hitting a new high....

so Biden is 0 for 1 on EOs and you are 0 for 1 on cause/effect.

Now explain the "almost not a reserve currency" and how that ties into a Biden EO that revoked a prior EO.

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

Wait. So he didn’t clamp down on production through EO, bill signedbjnto law, government agency, etc.? What you said was…wrong? Got it.

Like I said. The domestic oil production three month rolling average has increased every month he’s been in office.

Yes, he did, but I want to clear something up here.  Everything on my list may not be entirely exactly tied to a biden EO canceling a Trump EO, but then again, it might.  Some definitely did.  Biden’s EO canceling the pipeline and ‘pausing’ production on federal lands did.  Go to the chart you linked and check the 5, 10, or 25 year chart from the bar above and you’ll see what I mean.  After trying to get oil from Saudi Arabia, Russia, and venezuela, and selling half our Strategic Petroleum Reserve he succumbed to public pressure and has opened up some areas, but is only recently approaching pre-pandemic levels.  

His early actions and words destroyed the ability to plan operations.  Oil companies don’t operate by getting a permit and drilling a well or two, they do exploration and plan fields of production.  Financing, critical to the endeavor, can make or break on a percent of perceived profit that take years to come.  Biden killed that and then the congress passed legislation that included increasing the royalties the gov’t retains.  Domestic oil producers are to be commended for their efforts to maintain production as they have dealt with this.  

Cutting production as biden did, caused a shortage worldwide which drove fuel prices up, which, in turn, caused prices to go up, which caused workers to demand pay raises, which is inflation.  81 million votes, my ass. 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Yes, he did, but I want to clear something up here.  Everything on my list may not be entirely exactly tied to a biden EO canceling a Trump EO, but then again, it might.  Some definitely did.  Biden’s EO canceling the pipeline and ‘pausing’ production on federal lands did.  Go to the chart you linked and check the 5, 10, or 25 year chart from the bar above and you’ll see what I mean.  After trying to get oil from Saudi Arabia, Russia, and venezuela, and selling half our Strategic Petroleum Reserve he succumbed to public pressure and has opened up some areas, but is only recently approaching pre-pandemic levels.  

His early actions and words destroyed the ability to plan operations.  Oil companies don’t operate by getting a permit and drilling a well or two, they do exploration and plan fields of production.  Financing, critical to the endeavor, can make or break on a percent of perceived profit that take years to come.  Biden killed that and then the congress passed legislation that included increasing the royalties the gov’t retains.  Domestic oil producers are to be commended for their efforts to maintain production as they have dealt with this.  

Cutting production as biden did, caused a shortage worldwide which drove fuel prices up, which, in turn, caused prices to go up, which caused workers to demand pay raises, which is inflation.  81 million votes, my ass. 

The last 2 sentences are spot on. Especially the 81 million votes.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I think you need to turn your chart.

The one below shows US domestic oil production from when Biden issued his EO (Jan 27, 2021) to present.

image.thumb.png.149306ee7a839bef92c3a3cec495dc45.png

• Fire 1