Caliendo is an upgrade over Patrick Kennedy?

I thought Caliendo was in addition to Kennedy...not replacing Kennedy.  However, on this Iowa forum thread it is being discussed that Caliendo is an upgrade for Kennedy.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/flo-video-on-franek-caliendo-transfer.421042/

If true a wrestler of Kennedy's caliber can surely transfer and be a starter elsewhere for sure.  Rutgers perhaps?

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

Kennedy is  not a grad  so he can't grad transfer this yea. The deadline to enter the portal long passed....so he may be stuck.  Some are saying that it's not a foregone conclusion that Caliendo will start. If Kennedy beats Caliendo in the room, does Iowa give the spot to Kennedy and face the backlash of investing NIL money into a non-starter... or is Calendo just going to start no matter what? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Kennedy is  not a grad  so he can't grad transfer this yea. The deadline to enter the portal long passed....so he may be stuck.  Some are saying that it's not a foregone conclusion that Caliendo will start. If Kennedy beats Caliendo in the room, does Iowa give the spot to Kennedy and face the backlash of investing NIL money into a non-starter... or is Calendo just going to start no matter what? 

I am hoping Caliendo goes up to 184, Brands stays at 174 and Assad goes up to 197.

That is me personally, though.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Is it possible that with Caliendo coming in and Steveson possibly coming that Kennedy and Cassioppi were involved in the gambling violations.  @Husker_Du @Jason Bryant???

There is a guy on Facebook stating that Cassioppi, Nelson Brands, Assad, and Woods were the ones involved.  Nothing about Kennedy though.  Worth noting that Kennedy wrestled 174 as a redshirt.  I'd prioritize Caliendo above all else

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Is it possible that with Caliendo coming in and Steveson possibly coming that Kennedy and Cassioppi were involved in the gambling violations.  @Husker_Du @Jason Bryant???

Where did you get this from?

Was it Minnow?

Looks like Minnow shit.

Just now, flyingcement said:

There is a guy on Facebook stating that Cassioppi, Nelson Brands, Assad, and Woods were the ones involved.  Nothing about Kennedy though.  Worth noting that Kennedy wrestled 174 as a redshirt.  I'd prioritize Caliendo above all else

Where?

Also, PK was TINY as a 174lber.  He nearly lost to a teammate at a HWC match at 174 and it was directly due to the size disparity.

Just now, nhs67 said:

Where did you get this from?

Was it Minnow?

Looks like Minnow shit.

Where?

Also, PK was TINY as a 174lber.  He nearly lost to a teammate at a HWC match at 174 and it was directly due to the size disparity.

It was a bloke named Jeff Lee on minnows page

Just now, flyingcement said:

It was a bloke named Jeff Lee on minnows page

Oh!  Jeffey Dee Lee?  He is Minnow's best bud and really strives to be him in his own personal (de)evolutionary journey.  Pretty sure he helped Minnow start up his Joisey-Boi-Klub on Facebook.

He's about as reliable as Minnow was... three or four years ago?  So not.  Not at all.

• Haha 1

Just now, PortaJohn said:

I think you read over the word "possible" when you read my post.  That word alone is not in Minnow fashion 

Nah, I am just giving you a hard time.

Trying to fit the norm, man.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am hoping Caliendo goes up to 184, Brands stays at 174 and Assad goes up to 197.

That is me personally, though.

Caliendo was a big 165... I can see him going 174 very easily, but 184 might be a stretch. Depending on how the gambling stuff shakes out, there may be one of many scenarios. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Caliendo was a big 165... I can see him going 174 very easily, but 184 might be a stretch. Depending on how the gambling stuff shakes out, there may be one of many scenarios. 

Caliendo to 174 and Brands to 184 is more realistic.  AJ of course at 197. Steveson/Cass at HWT.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Oh!  Jeffey Dee Lee?  He is Minnow's best bud and really strives to be him in his own personal (de)evolutionary journey.  Pretty sure he helped Minnow start up his Joisey-Boi-Klub on Facebook.

He's about as reliable as Minnow was... three or four years ago?  So not.  Not at all.

Jeff and Pat might be friends, but they're far from the same. Jeff is actually a friend of mine. Goes back to his days at ODU before he transferred to East Stroudsburg. 

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

Jeff and Pat might be friends, but they're far from the same. Jeff is actually a friend of mine. Goes back to his days at ODU before he transferred to East Stroudsburg. 

They run that trashpot together. Indifference is just as bad as being bad.  Worse even.

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

174 isn't a good weight for Olympic dreams, though.

51 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Also Jeff Lee posted that his source is literally the minnow

Yeah.  Excellent source of character there...

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

174 isn't a good weight for Olympic dreams, though.

Well, 7th place at the NCAA tells me he may be a few years out yet from being a contender..... but if that's his plan he has time to make that ascent. 

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Well, 7th place at the NCAA tells me he may be a few years out yet from being a contender..... but if that's his plan he has time to make that ascent. 

Just for arguments sake, I would say that the margins are pretty slim at 165 - and among those who were AA - he and Hamiti were the only two that were in high school two years ago.  It's my personal opinion that Caliendo's win over Griffith is more impressive than any win Hamiti has had yet in college.