What was J Cox injury at finale X ?

totough

he was on crutches at the weigh on...

no wraps or obvious indication for exactly what it was...

just stick with "lower body" and move on...

but...

i was not exactly surprised the matches did not take place...

5 hours ago, LJB said:

he was on crutches at the weigh on...

no wraps or obvious indication for exactly what it was...

just stick with "lower body" and move on...

but...

i was not exactly surprised the matches did not take place...

Lack of testicular fortitude?

i am an idiot on the internet

¿Porque no los dos?
Oh, you know, just hoping two of you aren't big enough assholes to take cheap shots at one of our best athletes on an internet forum. One who has represented our country incredibly well and never been afraid of a challenge. Especially when at least one of you has intimate knowledge as to what these athletes have to go through to try and be the best in the world, only to get injured at the last minute.
  • Fire 2

57 minutes ago, LJB said:

Yes, one of us has intimate knowledge…

which, is why one of us said what they said…

take it however you want…

Bored Married With Children GIF

It is weird that you and I are occasionally seeing eye-to-eye at a high rate recently. What with you being so short and me never previously sharing my love of the Polk High School hero “Touchdown” Bundy…

Oh and it was a high sprain ankle with two torn ligaments. He pissed it off even more making weight. It was a trap game for Cox. Or that’s the word at least…

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Yes, one of us has intimate knowledge…

which, is why one of us said what they said…

take it however you want…

Bored Married With Children GIF

Afraid to say what we mean, I see. I'm shocked, I tell ya.

37 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Oh and it was a high sprain ankle with two torn ligaments. He pissed it off even more making weight.

Seems like plenty of fortitude to me.....

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

It is weird that you and I are occasionally seeing eye-to-eye at a high rate recently. What with you being so short and me never previously sharing my love of the Polk High School hero “Touchdown” Bundy…

Oh and it was a high sprain ankle with two torn ligaments. He pissed it off even more making weight. It was a trap game for Cox. Or that’s the word at least…

IMG_1850.gif.58ba69f0865fe5478d80ee48aa2aea2b.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, Crotalus said:

Are you accusing LJB of being a dick or just being one yourself?

I just wanted to circle back and remind you of what one person wrote and what the other wrote. You can infer however you please.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, bnwtwg said:

We know that showing and making weight ensure he remains in the team ladder and all that entails. So if that’s the prior injury he may have already accepted winning may not be an option but making sure he remained in the ladder still was.    

he did not need to make weight to be on the national team...

he already was...

the whole scene of snyder just standing in the middle of the mat not knowing if he was going to wrestle or not was a bad look and typical of the way cox has been handling his business the last few years...

Doesn't the wrestle-off system allow for the postponement of matches if one of the participants is injured? I think one of the women's matches was postponed for that very reason and will be wrestled at a later point in time. Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, npope said:

Doesn't the wrestle-off system allow for the postponement of matches if one of the participants is injured? I think one of the women's matches was postponed for that very reason and will be wrestled at a later point in time. Am I missing something?

Not the day of. 

11 minutes ago, npope said:

I think that’s why people are wondering if that’s why they were never going to wrestle. If he was hurt before that day he could’ve told them and postponed the wrestle off or just said, hey this won’t be better in time, congrats Kyle.

Additionally, depending how long ago he got hurt, another person might’ve been able to wrestle in his place 

1 hour ago, npope said:

you have to be a returning world medalist to get the wrestle off...

there is a specific date which was about 2 days before the event...

cox was not a returning world medalist at 97kg...

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

The Synder vs Cox match is cursed...

For J’den it certainly is, I’m not sure Kyle even worries about it anymore.  If J’den still has goals in wrestling, he is working towards being one of the best athletes to miss out on the potential that they have.  

I will say, if he doesn’t still really have goals in wrestling, I hope he knows that’s OK and he can move to the next stage in life.  He’s an incredibly dynamic individual who has a lot to offer the world in many ways.  He doesn’t have to just sweat, diet, and wrestle.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, wrestle87 said:

For J’den it certainly is, I’m not sure Kyle even worries about it anymore.  If J’den still has goals in wrestling, he is working towards being one of the best athletes to miss out on the potential that they have.  

I will say, if he doesn’t still really have goals in wrestling, I hope he knows that’s OK and he can move to the next stage in life.  He’s an incredibly dynamic individual who has a lot to offer the world in many ways.  He doesn’t have to just sweat, diet, and wrestle.

Agreed. He's accomplished a great deal. He's actually...wrestled which is more than some. He's beaten Snyder, Dake, Taylor...he's won World Championships, he's been a Bronze medalist in the Olympics...3X NCAA Champ.

He just happens to be Wrestling at a time when you have ARGUABLY the best US Wrestler ever(in Freestyle) at his weight and the best Wrestler...EVER ahead of him at 97KG. Not saying either are the most accomplished(yet) but you could make an argument for both IMO.

But ripping on the guy is....kinda cowardly and chicken shit.

34 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Agreed. He's accomplished a great deal. He's actually...wrestled which is more than some. He's beaten Snyder, Dake, Taylor...he's won World Championships, he's been a Bronze medalist in the Olympics...3X NCAA Champ.

He just happens to be Wrestling at a time when you have ARGUABLY the best US Wrestler ever(in Freestyle) at his weight and the best Wrestler...EVER ahead of him at 97KG. Not saying either are the most accomplished(yet) but you could make an argument for both IMO.

But ripping on the guy is....kinda cowardly and chicken shit.

It sure would be if that was what was happening wouldn’t it.  Good thing that’s not what it was, and it wasn’t meant for you.

Discussing J’den’s spotty performance in recent years is a simple discussion of facts.  We have seen tremendous things out of him, but considering that he himself has opened up about the really really dark places some of his motivation comes from, I would take it as a great thing if he had grown, healed, or moved beyond whatever it was that put such an incredible fire within him.

Go watch the Flo documentary on him if you haven’t yet, then re-read what I’m saying.

Or, you may be too young yet to understand what that means.

Edited by wrestle87