Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

21 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Has anyone done waygu teres major steaks?  If not, I highly recommend them.  Have had them twice...once while I was down in Pensacola at a butcher shop called Costellos's (great place) and once after I ordered them from this place Wagyu Teres Major Steak | Teres Major Beef | SRF Black Label™ (snakeriverfarms.com).  High class online butcher...great stuff.

As an Iowan, we think it's become a gimmick, just like labeling things " organic" has become.  We're "seeing it" in convenience stores these days. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stockton said:

Saturday's Surf and Turf on the Traeger
28 oz Buffalo Tomahawk Ribeye
18 oz Lobster Tail
U10 Scallops
Thick Cut Pepper Bacon

food300.jpg.60450b6a41f7a94a20a47869b246ed1f.jpgfood303.jpg.0a80dc48f9ac2a7ac3dfe56b2b907d1c.jpgfood302.jpg.3fa222300db3f40922eef5fec3e8b465.jpgfood301.jpg.f303ce7aced511ce11cde21baa6e50a7.jpg

😋 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2024 at 1:56 PM, WrestlingRasta said:

Keeping it simple, easing my way back in….brisket burgers. IMG_1417.thumb.jpeg.f4ef5ab9d968430aa86563a61b7c641f.jpeg

I'm a bit of a stickler of sandwich structure, and with that being said, what you have concocted above looks like a textural masterpiece (I can imagine it's vegan lol)

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I'm a bit of a stickler of sandwich structure, and with that being said, what you have concocted above looks like a textural masterpiece (I can imagine it's vegan lol)

Most make the fatal mistake of putting the patty directly on the bottom bun….

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is it?  😋 

Truth is I much prefer a nice cut of grouper or mahi or snapper or shrimp or scallop, over brisket or pork butts. I just enjoy the process in smoking a good slab of meat. 

But tides change, things get different. Actually thinking about selling the whole package I have down there and significantly downsizing. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

5 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Truth is I much prefer a nice cut of grouper or mahi or snapper or shrimp or scallop, over brisket or pork butts. I just enjoy the process in smoking a good slab of meat. 

But tides change, things get different. Actually thinking about selling the whole package I have down there and significantly downsizing. 

I've had a few groupers at Wally's in Marsh Harbor, very much enjoyed them fresh.  🙂

The  last we smoked was some lamb and steak.   They did not come out the greatest.   Flavor was great, but the meat was either too well done or not enough.    Still learning how this works, but I love the flavor smoking gives to the meat. 

mspart

4 hours ago, mspart said:

The  last we smoked was some lamb and steak.   They did not come out the greatest.   Flavor was great, but the meat was either too well done or not enough.    Still learning how this works, but I love the flavor smoking gives to the meat. 

mspart

You killed a cute little lamb. 😕  Was it harassing your chickens?  

Yeah and we gave it the axe!!!

No, seriously, our neighbor got a lamb and offered 1/4 or 1/2 of it to us.   I think we paid for it but we have never had lamb before.    I'm afraid we did not cook it quite good enough.   Next time. 

mspart

i love lamb. but i don't know how to cook it. 

chops are simple. and i often buy ground and make burgers (that are A-F'ing-Mazing)

but i can't do large cuts well. always come out too....iron-y

TBD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got 4 pork butts smoking right now ahead of my wife's preschool end of year celebration.   I did two in the smoker to smoke them up and pulled them out to put in the oven at 200F.   I just put the other two in the smoker.   I'm telling you what, this is looking really good!!!   I figuree I'll let the 2nd batch stay in the smoker for a longer period of time.   When I pulled the first set out, they were at 130F.   I'll probably go a little longer with the 2nd set.   Besides, the chips  apparently weren't done smoking .  I dropped them in our fire pit and they are smoking away out there, still burning.  

I injected with pineapple, brown sugar, salt, worstershire, soy, liquid smoke, and tabasco.  

I think it is going to be really  really good.   Tomorrow is the time of truth at the party.   Ionel, if you are in the area, come on over.   Just follow your nose!

mspart

We had a pineapple express come here last week.   We had a flood watch and all.   It has been clear without much rain since then.   I wouldn't say it is BBQ weather but it is dry and warmer, highs in high 60s low 70s.     But it is smelling really good in the house and outside right now.

mspart

• Fire 1

Weather gorgeous here the last couple weeks, did a couple 2" NY Strips on the grill & ate on the outdoor patio last night.  Forgot to take a pic ... guess it never happened.  Well there is this:

52577.thumb.jpeg.a5df93025ebe5612c24d4e9f1d8ee3c2.jpeg

we were celebrating an engagement.  🙂

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2