Roster Accuracy Question

12 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Tal-Shahar Has 7 or 8 wins over AAs the past 2 seasons I’d say he’s got a shot and Chumbley will be in the R12 at worst 

I agree with that.  But it sure looks like the duals season is gonna be tough sledding.  125, 133, 149, 285...oh boy.  Gonna see some true freshmen in there at some of those weights, no?  Maybe they convince the Benjamin kid to stay?

9 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

I agree with that.  But it sure looks like the duals season is gonna be tough sledding.  125, 133, 149, 285...oh boy.  Gonna see some true freshmen in there at some of those weights, no?  Maybe they convince the Benjamin kid to stay?

Yea definitely going to see some youth , Stornilio has shown he can recruit and develop talent , so while they did lose a tremendous amount of talent this off season and this dual season they may finish last in the big ten they’ll be back ..

another way to look at it is Davison in his 6th or 7th season , D’Augustino 6th year ( and been treading down) so they were supposed to be gone already , losing 2 years of cannon is tough but they still got 4 years out of him 

Edited by Antitroll2828

14 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Chumbley, Mayfield, Ferrante can all be competitive or better from 149 - 165. Issue is getting someone down to 49. 125, 133, 285 gonna be a bobsled crash.

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Wes Con Sin

125 - Barnett 
133 -  Coy
141 - Lettini
149 - Zargo,
157 - Mechler
165 - Hamiti
174 - Maylor
184 - Liegel
197 - Talshahar
285 - Amos

I See 3 AA 

Zargo, Hamiti and Amos 

I don’t think Amos has shown his an AA guy yet and heavyweight lost parris but returns AAs Cass,Kerk , Hendrickson , Davison , Schultz, Elam , Nevills return , Slavikouski was R12 plus Feldman and Pitzfer , maybe Caroll as well, how many of those guys are you picking Amos to beat

32 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Wes Con Sin

125 - Barnett 
133 -  Coy
141 - Lettini
149 - Zargo,
157 - Mechler
165 - Hamiti
174 - Maylor
184 - Liegel
197 - Talshahar
285 - Amos

I See 3 AA 

Zargo, Hamiti and Amos 

I see 2 AA’s - Barnett and Hamiti

• Fire 2

42 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Wes Con Sin

125 - Barnett 
133 -  Coy
141 - Lettini
149 - Zargo,
157 - Mechler
165 - Hamiti
174 - Maylor
184 - Liegel
197 - Talshahar
285 - Amos

I See 3 AA 

Zargo, Hamiti and Amos 

I rather wish Maylor would have gone somewhere he could go 165.  He just doesn't have the horse to be a B1G 174lber.

If anything I think it would be cool to see Hamiti and Maylor swap weights.  Won't happen, though.

I see Barnett, Hamiti, and Amos as most likely AA.  I am on board with Amos being AA contender out the gate at 285.  He has been wanting to go that weight for years.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

18 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don’t think Amos has shown his an AA guy yet and heavyweight lost parris but returns AAs Cass,Kerk , Hendrickson , Davison , Schultz, Elam , Nevills return , Slavikouski was R12 plus Feldman and Pitzfer , maybe Caroll as well, how many of those guys are you picking Amos to beat

As many as he needs to to become an All American 

• Fire 1

• 2 months later...

I saw a Flo interview of Ersland.  Sounds like there is potential for Blaze to go as a true freshman--any Purdue fans think this is the case or just motivational tactic?  In any event--the lineup sounded potentially like this:

125 Ramos
133 Norris
141 White
149 Polanco
157 Blaze?  Law?
165 Buell
174 Baumann
184 Rowley
197 Vanadia
285 Copass
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

I saw a Flo interview of Ersland.  Sounds like there is potential for Blaze to go as a true freshman--any Purdue fans think this is the case or just motivational tactic?  In any event--the lineup sounded potentially like this:

125 Ramos
133 Norris
141 White
149 Polanco
157 Blaze?  Law?
165 Buell
174 Baumann
184 Rowley
197 Vanadia
285 Copass

What happened to Joey Milano? I thought he transferred there in the summer? I didn’t see Erslqnd speak about him and they don’t have the Purdue article about him transferring anymore? 

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

What happened to Joey Milano? I thought he transferred there in the summer? I didn’t see Erslqnd speak about him and they don’t have the Purdue article about him transferring anymore? 

Good question.  He isn’t listed on Purdue’s roster in Wrestlestat—but Flo’s transfer tracker has him transferred to Purdue.  🤷 

On 6/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, Major Kong said:

Northwestern, sadly, will be bad to terrible (losing three AA's will do that.

125 Patrick Adams, the kid who transferred from Buffalo (does not look like a competitive B10 wrestler).

133 who knows, no one on the roster fits

141 Tal-Shahar

149 ?? maybe Trevor Chumbley drops down 

157 Maxx Mayfield if Chumbley drops, or Vandenbush

165 Mayfield or David Ferrante

174 Troy Fisher or Joe Martin

184 Fisher or Martin

197 Evan Bates

HWT Unknown freshman Dirk Morley

...that was depressing.

Chumbley and Tal-Shahar could be dark horse AA threats tis year FWIW. 

On 8/7/2023 at 2:27 PM, Hillbilly Jim said:

125 Ramos
133 Norris
141 White
149 Polanco
157 Blaze?  Law?
165 Buell
174 Baumann
184 Rowley
197 Vanadia
285 Copass

I think if is Blaze is ready he will start. Interested to see what he can do before transferring to Ohio State to join up with his lil bro. 

56 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

I think if is Blaze is ready he will start. Interested to see what he can do before transferring to Ohio State to join up with his lil bro. 

I don’t think there is much question that he is technically ready based on his body of work.  But he may want another year to develop physically—Big 10 is no joke for a freshman.  I would think 157 might be a challenge for him though—he has a very big frame.

Continuing on the theme of projected rosters in the Big 10, Tom Ryan also confirmed rumors of Sasso going up to 157.  Sounds like the projected lineup looks like this:

125: Brendan McCrone/Andre Gonzales/Vinny Kilkeary

133: Nic Bouzakis

141: Jesse Mendez/Jordan Decatur

149: Dylan D’Emilio

157: Sammy Sasso

165: Bryce Hepner/Paddy Gallagher

174: Carson Kharchla

184: Seth Shumate/Luke Geog

197: Gavin Hoffman/Luke Geog

285: Nick Feldman

So, still lots of questions:

1)  Is Kilkeary ready and who gets the nod at 125;

2)  Is Jesse gonna redshirt (I am doubting it)?

3)  Who emerges as the guy at 165 (I would think Hepner)?

4) Which weight is Geog gonna fit in?  Obviously depends on if he beats out Hoffman--do folks think he will?

As always--look forward to folks' thoughts!

• Fire 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:06 PM, Hillbilly Jim said:

Good question.  He isn’t listed on Purdue’s roster in Wrestlestat—but Flo’s transfer tracker has him transferred to Purdue.  🤷 

On the Indiana mats board, about a month ago someone mentioned that for undisclosed reasons, Milano will not be joining Purdue after all

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, flyingcement said:

On the Indiana mats board, about a month ago someone mentioned that for undisclosed reasons, Milano will not be joining Purdue after all

I follow a lot of different wrestling boards but got to say I’m impressed  that you re out here tracking down info on the Indiana mats board 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I follow a lot of different wrestling boards but got to say I’m impressed  that you re out here tracking down info on the Indiana mats board 

Funny enough it seems like all of our Iranian friends from themat ended up settling into the Indiana mats board.  

On 8/9/2023 at 12:43 PM, Hillbilly Jim said:

I don’t think there is much question that he is technically ready based on his body of work.  But he may want another year to develop physically—Big 10 is no joke for a freshman.  I would think 157 might be a challenge for him though—he has a very big frame.

He also competed his senior year with what i understand was an elbow injury and a decent sized brace. Who knows if that is all wrapped up or not, but i had assumed he would redshirt, partially due to this. He's a huge talent in his own right, can't wait to see him on the college mats.