Cat fights and purse slapping over on the Iowa Board

PSUSMC

19 minutes ago, Corby said:

The skank comment some have said Bob said that and he didn't. Not saying want he said was appropriate at all. Just pointing out that he didn't call her a skank someone else did. 

I agree, Bob didn't call her a skank.  He just insinuated it instead, like a real man.

• Fire 9

1 hour ago, Corby said:

The skank comment some have said Bob said that and he didn't. Not saying want he said was appropriate at all. Just pointing out that he didn't call her a skank someone else did. 

Cmon, this is some weak ass sauce.

If you don't want to alienate your sources inside the Iowa program, just say nothing rather than turn literalist interpreting that sad string of posts.

Almost as priceless as "old ski town joke."

Edited by dicemen99
  • Fire 3

9 minutes ago, dicemen99 said:

If you don't want to alienate your sources inside the Iowa program, just say nothing rather than turn literalist interpreting that sad string of posts.

He should have used this oldy but goody...

Q: Where do you keep your money in an old ski town?

A: The snow bank.

8 hours ago, pawrestler said:

‘Old ski town joke’ has the same energy as 

image.gif.36ac4f68b6505252a8998e13d4262553.gif

I mean yes and no.

The blatant sexism displayed in that scene is comparable, however it is a fictional movie.  Iowa actually relies (relied) on this turdbiscuit for a lot of money and they are willing to lay in bed with him over any amount of blatant sexism and ignorant bigotry.

We are lucky that wrestling truly is small in this country.  If any manner of one of those 'left' hyperactive feminists or anyone from The View found out what was said and in the manner in which it was said, Iowa wouldn't even have a wrestling program.  No Iowa is bad for USA Wrestling.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean yes and no.

The blatant sexism displayed in that scene is comparable, however it is a fictional movie.  Iowa actually relies (relied) on this turdbiscuit for a lot of money and they are willing to lay in bed with him over any amount of blatant sexism and ignorant bigotry.

We are lucky that wrestling truly is small in this country.  If any manner of one of those 'left' hyperactive feminists or anyone from The View found out what was said and in the manner in which it was said, Iowa wouldn't even have a wrestling program.  No Iowa is bad for USA Wrestling.

Ahhhh yes, we'd add it to the long list of programs ended by having asshole boosters from whom they take money.  Say, who's on that list?

42 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Ahhhh yes, we'd add it to the long list of programs ended by having asshole boosters from whom they take money.  Say, who's on that list?

I mean... I imagine it would actually be easier to make a list without, to be honest.

That said, a list from the M.E. of wrestling (1999 to now) would be much shorter.  Times are a changing.  I was a black man wrestling in the B1G in the '80s.  Guess how many of us there were then.  It is more balanced demographically than it ever has been and it seems to be balancing out each year - more and more.  Especially to the regards of women's wrestling too.

That is not to say that racism or sexism or any sort of 'isms is more right then than it was now.  Society was just more indifferent to it and enforcing of it then - which to me makes it worse, but that is a topic for a different day when we've had enough to drink.

I believe there should be a happy medium to what many keyboard warriors are crying for as far as social justices and the extremely high levels of sissy that we have been seeing.  Unfortunately we can't see any social injustice right now without every single Nancy, Joe, and Sam crying until they can't breath anymore.  It's terrifying how much power cancel culture really can have on people and things.  Like... I had an Aunt Jemima, an Uncle Ben, and a cat named Rastus.  You didn't see me crying about racial appropriation.

All I mean is we can be strong and appropriate.  The level that thread sunk to was neither and I commend you, @VakAttack, for standing up for what was right as well as many others.  I am of the mind that while Penn State and Cael may be wrestling now, Iowa and Oklahoma State are what wrestling are.  We need all three to be good and great to grow the sport to it's peak potentials.  These sort of charlie horses are a nuisance to that.

I am sure like the Jason Leonard crap of the week prior that this will also get swept under the rug.  That is probably better for the sport in the name of public image, I guess?

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... I imagine it would actually be easier to make a list without, to be honest.

That said, a list from the M.E. of wrestling (1999 to now) would be much shorter.  Times are a changing.  I was a black man wrestling in the B1G in the '80s.  Guess how many of us there were then.  It is more balanced demographically than it ever has been and it seems to be balancing out each year - more and more.  Especially to the regards of women's wrestling too.

That is not to say that racism or sexism or any sort of 'isms is more right then than it was now.  Society was just more indifferent to it and enforcing of it then - which to me makes it worse, but that is a topic for a different day when we've had enough to drink.

I believe there should be a happy medium to what many keyboard warriors are crying for as far as social justices and the extremely high levels of sissy that we have been seeing.  Unfortunately we can't see any social injustice right now without every single Nancy, Joe, and Sam crying until they can't breath anymore.  It's terrifying how much power cancel culture really can have on people and things.  Like... I had an Aunt Jemima, an Uncle Ben, and a cat named Rastus.  You didn't see me crying about racial appropriation.

All I mean is we can be strong and appropriate.  The level that thread sunk to was neither and I commend you, @VakAttack, for standing up for what was right as well as many others.  I am of the mind that while Penn State and Cael may be wrestling now, Iowa and Oklahoma State are what wrestling are.  We need all three to be good and great to grow the sport to it's peak potentials.  These sort of charlie horses are a nuisance to that.

I am sure like the Jason Leonard crap of the week prior that this will also get swept under the rug.  That is probably better for the sport in the name of public image, I guess?

My point is not that this kind of thinking doesn't exist and hasn't existed for years.  Personally, I'm glad for people to be called to account, but I don't think there will be a nexus between the two things in terms of ending sports programs for something of this nature.  Nicolls is an asshole as evidenced by the slumlord stuff and exhibited obvious and gross misogyny in his post, as did the other guy who called her a skank.  It would be a nice world where people didn't take the money from people like that, but I don't think that's the world we live in at this point, not even close.  If those guys were actually the coaches or athletes?  Maybe, but even then, I just think that coach or athlete would be gone.  It would have to be something widespread, or something so awful, like the Sandusky/Paterno thing.  Now obviously even that didn't take down Penn State football, but football is a money sport.  If something like that happened in a niche sport, I think it's possible that in that scenario, the niche sport program would be shuttered.

As to me calling it out, thanks for the words, but to me, it's just the base of what we SHOULD expect from people.  I root for Iowa, but it doesn't define me.  I've told people before who ask me, but I do't get THAT worked up about it, probably because it isn't something that has been rooted in me since I was a small child.  When Iowa loses, it's lame.  I get nervous rooting for the different wrestlers, like Marinelli against Amine two years ago.  But it doesn't ruin my day when they lose.  The NY Giants do that to me.  The Knicks do that to me.  Sometimes the Mets do that to me.  Maybe if I was that invested in Iowa the program, I would do what some of the fans on HR have been doing and making excuses for Nicolls, but I would hope I would still be true to who I am and what I believe is right.

• Fire 5
  • Stalling 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, dicemen99 said:

It was said by others he called her that I was just saying he didn't. Dice I speak my mind and I don't care who likes it . If someone in Iowa gets mad at what I say that's to bad.  The people I know in Iowa appreciate my honesty