Profiles in Courage: Jim Jordan

VakAttack

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Why does every candidate on the GOP side live in mortal fear of him?

I know that's a hypothetical question, but it's politics over principles. Almost every R that refused to support him is out of the game, either because they lost their election or didn't run because they knew they would. Bow to him or die. He doesn't stand for any traditional republican values but they got Roe overturned, so it's been worth selling their souls. And Jordan is just brown nosing harder than everyone else to get a primo spot in the fourth reich.

15 hours ago, Crotalus said:

I know that's a hypothetical question, but it's politics over principles. Almost every R that refused to support him is out of the game, either because they lost their election or didn't run because they knew they would. Bow to him or die. He doesn't stand for any traditional republican values but they got Roe overturned, so it's been worth selling their souls. And Jordan is just brown nosing harder than everyone else to get a primo spot in the fourth reich.

Yep...change a letter here and there and the names used and this statement would still be true.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:36 PM, Crotalus said:

Crotalus,  this is an interesting thing you bring up.    2022, Trump endorsed many candidates and democratic people voted for these people (this is documented and was in their playbook - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/11/15/democrats-boosted-trump-gop-primaries-helping-midterms/10670042002/) because they would rather run against the Trump guy than someone else.   Trump's endorsees won many of those Primaries and many of those lost the general election.   So the Ds were smart and smelled weakness in these candidates and helped them win their primaries.   I have no complaint with that in general.   But given that fact, why would anyone fear Trump?   I have no idea.   If he were a king maker it would be a different story, but he proved he is not.  

We have an ex Rep here in Vancouver WA, who voted with Ds in impeaching Trump, Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler.  She lost her primary to a Trump endorsed candidate.  This seat had been solid R for years.   He lost to a D candidate, Marie Gluesenkamp Perez.  So essentially Trump cost WA an R House Rep.   This was replicated across the US.  This is why the House was not a trainwreck for the Ds.   Why would anyone have fear of Trump now?    I really don't know. 

mspart

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, mspart said:

Crotalus,  this is an interesting thing you bring up.    2022, Trump endorsed many candidates and democratic people voted for these people (this is documented and was in their playbook - https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/11/15/democrats-boosted-trump-gop-primaries-helping-midterms/10670042002/) because they would rather run against the Trump guy than someone else.   Trump's endorsees won many of those Primaries and many of those lost the general election.   So the Ds were smart and smelled weakness in these candidates and helped them win their primaries.   I have no complaint with that in general.   But given that fact, why would anyone fear Trump?   I have no idea.   If he were a king maker it would be a different story, but he proved he is not.  

We have an ex Rep here in Vancouver WA, who voted with Ds in impeaching Trump, Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler.  She lost her primary to a Trump endorsed candidate.  This seat had been solid R for years.   He lost to a D candidate, Marie Gluesenkamp Perez.  So essentially Trump cost WA an R House Rep.   This was replicated across the US.  This is why the House was not a trainwreck for the Ds.   Why would anyone have fear of Trump now?    I really don't know. 

mspart

There's a big difference between primaries and general elections. Trump still holds great power in the republican party (still the leading candidate for the 2024 primary), even though his endorsements did not fair well overall in general elections, particularly in tight races. It's no secret that the republican establishment never wanted Trump, and even laughed at the idea of him as a candidate, until he won the 2016 primary. Then they thought they could control him and use him to their advantage (they did get the court they were after), but by then he had them all by the balls and hasn't let go. Some, like Jordan, enjoy having their balls in his tiny hands. Others have walked a right rope to ensure he doesn't squeeze too hard. The rest are out of politics now. It would take a coordinated effort for the republican establishment to oust Trump and take away that power, but the career politicians value their position over all else. 

Edit: should have said "Jordan enjoys having his empty scrotum in Trump's hands." We already established he has no balls. 

Edited by Crotalus
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

There's a big difference between primaries and general elections. Trump still holds great power in the republican party (still the leading candidate for the 2024 primary), even though his endorsements did not fair well overall in general elections, particularly in tight races. It's no secret that the republican establishment never wanted Trump, and even laughed at the idea of him as a candidate, until he won the 2016 primary. Then they thought they could control him and use him to their advantage (they did get the court they were after), but by then he had them all by the balls and hasn't let go. Some, like Jordan, enjoy having their balls in his tiny hands. Others have walked a right rope to ensure he doesn't squeeze too hard. The rest are out of politics now. It would take a coordinated effort for the republican establishment to oust Trump and take away that power, but the career politicians value their position over all else. 

Edit: should have said "Jordan enjoys having his empty scrotum in Trump's hands." We already established he has no balls. 

🙄  This post is exactly why it is very difficult to have a genuine conversation with some of you.  This is so full of immature b.s. and is nothing but name calling, insults and completely ridiculous claims that can neither be proven or disproven...it's almost as if I am watching a political ad created by a teenager trying to be political.  And once someone lays facts/data/tangible evidence down you will deflect, insult the person and shut down. 

You, Plas, and Mikey should all just post under the same user name.  @Disengenuousbipartisanhack

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

🙄  This post is exactly why it is very difficult to have a genuine conversation with some of you.  This is so full of immature b.s. and is nothing but name calling, insults and completely ridiculous claims that can neither be proven or disproven...it's almost as if I am watching a political ad created by a teenager trying to be political.  And once someone lays facts/data/tangible evidence down you will deflect, insult the person and shut down. 

You, Plas, and Mikey should all just post under the same user name.  @Disengenuousbipartisanhack

I think you do not know the definition of bipartisan or how to spell disingenuous. Appears you are also unwilling acknowledge the odd, subservient relationship Jordan has with Trump.  That makes you a partisan hack. 

22 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

My comment was a legitimate response to mspart's question about why anyone would fear Trump. Tell me where my commentary is wrong. The republican voters have helped Trump create a cult of personality within the party that has given him power to create or destroy careers. Do you believe he is not feared within the party?

Also, I have not done any name calling or hurled insults at any posters here. But I have no hesitation about bashing Jordan. He's earned it. 

3 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

My comment was a legitimate response to mspart's question about why anyone would fear Trump. Tell me where my commentary is wrong. The republican voters have helped Trump create a cult of personality within the party that has given him power to create or destroy careers. Do you believe he is not feared within the party?

Also, I have not done any name calling or hurled insults at any posters here. But I have no hesitation about bashing Jordan. He's earned it. 

Your post is spot on.  Get used to the name calling.

54 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Honestly, I do not think or believe that the R's fear Trump.  I believe he is done and will not win the primary.  I do not subscribe to what the MSN tries to tell people what to think.  It is a political tactic by the biased news media to skew what is really happening (and I don't mean in some weird conspiracy theory way), I mean that most of what people watch are run by D's who have a vested interest in D's winning elections and thus spew the rhetoric they want in order to achieve that.  Just like the R leaning media does.  So no, I believe the most popular R right now is Desantis by a significant margin.  But he hasn't even said he was running.  Anyway, why do I think that, because the MSN is hell bent on bashing Desantis every chance they get and for the dumbest stuff.  Trump at least earns his bashing.  Anyway, I think it is a ploy to portray Trump as the "scary" leader of the R's knowing that those in the middle will then vote for D's at all costs.  Of course I may be wrong, and Trump may in fact win the primary, and then I probably won't vote at all unless the D's put forth a candidate that is halfway sane and can string coherent sentences together (I do feel bad for Biden losing his mind though...don't wish that on anyone), and the D candidate is more middle of the road.

Honestly, I get lost in people trying to express their opinion by making statements like "balls in tiny hands" (although funny).  

4 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Honestly, I do not think or believe that the R's fear Trump.  I believe he is done and will not win the primary.  I do not subscribe to what the MSN tries to tell people what to think.  It is a political tactic by the biased news media to skew what is really happening (and I don't mean in some weird conspiracy theory way), I mean that most of what people watch are run by D's who have a vested interest in D's winning elections and thus spew the rhetoric they want in order to achieve that.  Just like the R leaning media does.  So no, I believe the most popular R right now is Desantis by a significant margin.  But he hasn't even said he was running.  Anyway, why do I think that, because the MSN is hell bent on bashing Desantis every chance they get and for the dumbest stuff.  Trump at least earns his bashing.  Anyway, I think it is a ploy to portray Trump as the "scary" leader of the R's knowing that those in the middle will then vote for D's at all costs.  Of course I may be wrong, and Trump may in fact win the primary, and then I probably won't vote at all unless the D's put forth a candidate that is halfway sane and can string coherent sentences together (I do feel bad for Biden losing his mind though...don't wish that on anyone), and the D candidate is more middle of the road.

Honestly, I get lost in people trying to express their opinion by making statements like "balls in tiny hands" (although funny).  

Time will tell. Based on the evidence at hand, he still had the power of hand selecting republican candidates in 2022 and is the current leader in all polling. That may change when Desantis officially jumps in the race, but I suspect he will have to walk a very thin line in order to peel away Trump's supporters without turning them all on him at once. How does he convince them Trump is not the right guy anymore without condemning any of his actions or admitting everything Trump has said about the 2020 election is a lie? Republican candidates across the board will be fearful of crossing that line until/unless the public sentiment for Trump among republican voters has a dramatic shift. We've yet to see evidence of that tide changing despite the poor performance in 2022.

13 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Time will tell. Based on the evidence at hand, he still had the power of hand selecting republican candidates in 2022 and is the current leader in all polling. That may change when Desantis officially jumps in the race, but I suspect he will have to walk a very thin line in order to peel away Trump's supporters without turning them all on him at once. How does he convince them Trump is not the right guy anymore without condemning any of his actions or admitting everything Trump has said about the 2020 election is a lie? Republican candidates across the board will be fearful of crossing that line until/unless the public sentiment for Trump among republican voters has a dramatic shift. We've yet to see evidence of that tide changing despite the poor performance in 2022.

As currently constituted, Desantis is going to get smoked.  He's basically set himself up as a Xerox Trump, rather than anything that sets him as his own man.  He even started using the same hand movements (well-worn discussion, I know).  He's a weaker version of Trump, and there's a big swath of the party that responds to public displays of strength, no matter how inert or ineffectual, and Trump is just better at that, plus under his Presidency, they took control of the Supreme Court, something he gets a lot of credit for with the base.

• Fire 1

I think the Ds supplying dollars to Trump's handpicked candidates  helped them win their primaries.   But the Ds knew they were weak candidates anyway and would get easily smoked in the general.   Great ploy.  

So in the end, Trump pretty much failed.   There should be no fear.   DeSantis is a tough R, but no Xerox copy of Trump.   His mouth does not get him in trouble like Trump.  His Twitter finger (or whatever social media they are on) is nothing compared to Trump's.  

His most maligned actions:

1.  Getting a law passed that does not teach sex education to K-3.   To me it should have been K-6.   But I tell you the liberals acted like the sky was falling.   This is just common sense.   What K-3 kid is interested in sex?  Zero.  

2.  Getting rid of a proposed AP course in Black Studies for HS kids.   It was rejected for Black Queer studies and other crap.  It was not rejected for the historical items you associate with Black Studies.   Yet this was just beyond the pale by those in the media. 

But remember, he was re elected Governor by a huge majority.   Even Ds like him there because he is effective and gets things done. 

mspart

• Fire 2