US Open - April 26th-30th, 2023

nhs67

2 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Arujau looking like he belongs there.

Awesome.

D3

He officially arrived two years ago at OTT. Now he's hitting his prime and blowing the brakes off people he should be beating.

i am an idiot on the internet

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He officially arrived two years ago at OTT. Now he's hitting his prime and blowing the brakes off people he should be beating.

I don't think so.  What we have seen since his loss to Latona is an entirely level or two above.

Last year he lost to Glory twice.  While Glory did win NCAAs this year he also got handled by NC State's Comacho pretty quickly, pretty easily.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, pokemonster said:

McKenna absolutely controls the first period then blows it in the second. Night and day first and second. 

He has been consistently doing this over the past couple rankings tourneys. It's been odd to say the least. It's not like he blows out the gate like a JO or Spencer Lee and gasses hard either. Just consistently inconsistent when he should be taking The Leap.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think so.  What we have seen since his loss to Latona is an entirely level or two above.

Last year he lost to Glory twice.  While Glory did win NCAAs this year he also got handled by NC State's Comacho pretty quickly, pretty easily.

Crossing FS and folk is the worst argument you can make against my opinion! Mainly because Vito has been performing at FS for the third season and he finally put it all together in folk. Don't forget he did beat returning 2019 world team member Fix to get to OTT finals after all...

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Crossing FS and folk is the worst argument you can make against my opinion! Mainly because Vito has been performing at FS for the third season and he finally put it all together in folk. Don't forget he did beat returning 2019 world team member Fix to get to OTT finals after all...

true that!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.