How did Mekhi Lewis win a World Title?

lu_alum

I think Mekhi can be added to the long list of guys whose bodies just can’t handle the nonstop grind. Which is unfortunate because his talent is undeniable. But he’s essentially been hurt nonstop for what, 3 years now? He just can’t get his body fully healthy at this point. It might do him some good to take a full year off before deciding if he wants to pursue the national team. 

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

I think Mekhi can be added to the long list of guys whose bodies just can’t handle the nonstop grind. Which is unfortunate because his talent is undeniable. But he’s essentially been hurt nonstop for what, 3 years now? He just can’t get his body fully healthy at this point. It might do him some good to take a full year off before deciding if he wants to pursue the national team. 

He’ll be competing much less frequently at the international level. Folkstyle season can wrestle triple the matches in 4-5 months that you would wrestle in an entire year in freestyle. 

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Much like  Lee, his game is heavily dependent on brute strength and physicality.  This style leads to a lot of injuries, hence...what you are saying now.

Wrong.  His game is based on speed and counter attacks.  After his title people stopped shooting on him so much.

• Fire 2

9 minutes ago, Tricky Dicky said:

Wrong.  His game is based on speed and counter attacks.  After his title people stopped shooting on him so much.

I don't think JC has ever seen Mekhi wrestle - ever.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he has never actually watched a Penn State match either.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me