Lee wrestling today?

Not134

Question. hypothetically if spencer would have gone to PSU is their a scenario where his knees would have maybe help up better because PSU would not have needed him to wrestle or be the only face of the program. I’m sure the pressure to carry Iowa and be the face of their program carried extra burden on him and his body. 

2 minutes ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

Question. hypothetically if spencer would have gone to PSU is their a scenario where his knees would have maybe help up better because PSU would not have needed him to wrestle or be the only face of the program. I’m sure the pressure to carry Iowa and be the face of their program carried extra burden on him and his body. 

It hasn’t helped Robby Howard’s shoulder.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

Doubt it.  Have buddies with knee problems.  None of them have ever fully recovered from it.  

• Fire 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, Kansasdeanhwt said:

Some kids just can’t stay healthy. I’ve coached a few kids with knee problems. They rehabbed right, took the time off, did all the right things, and still ended up tearing something again. 

Edited by russelscout

1 minute ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

It hasn’t helped Robby Howard’s shoulder.

Robbie put off getting shoulder surgery until this year.  He should be good to go moving forward.  But he has had the injury bug since late in his HS career 

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

People for several years:  Iowa mismanaged Spencer's injury! They should rest him!

Same people today: Lee tarnishing his legacy and Iowa's reputation by not wrestling today!

Both can be true at the same time

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Robbie put off getting shoulder surgery until this year.  He should be good to go moving forward.  But he has had the injury bug since late in his HS career 

The bug was the same shoulder over and over that he originally hurt at beast against crookham I believe and then really messed up against pat mckee in the R16 at ncaas ….hopefully now it’s finally good bc of the long put off surgery but you never know with shoulders 

2 minutes ago, Not134 said:

Well, to be fair, no one wants to weigh in, especially on Day 3.

That’s what I meant, weigh in a third day just to walk out and forfeit or don’t weigh in and forfeit anyway

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

Just now, Plasmodium said:

I would be surprised by that.

I truly hope thats not the case. In the business world - you place the company first, not yourself. In sports, you place the team first - not just you or your emotions.  You suck it up, especially at this level - and you go out in style with gratitude and appreciation for those around you who helped you all along the way. Thats the right thing to do and the mature thing to do.

Again - I hope he shows up for the medal so Spencer can see just what he meant to everyone including the fans.  

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I truly hope thats not the case. In the business world - you place the company first, not yourself. In sports, you place the team first - not just you or your emotions.  You suck it up, especially at this level - and you go out in style with gratitude and appreciation for those around you who helped you all along the way. Thats the right thing to do and the mature thing to do.

Again - I hope he shows up for the medal so Spencer can see just what he meant to everyone including the fans.  

If he truly wants to succeed Tom Brands at Iowa one day he most certainly needs to be on that podium.  

• Fire 1