Insurrectionists are tourists!

Sandy Hook is a hoax!

COVID doesn't kill!

Trump is a Russian asset!

My COVID vaccine protects you!

The unvaccinated must be punished!

The lab leak hypothesis is racist!

I could go on...

See, both sides can play that game. The difference is virtually no one on the right believes any of the nonsense you mention while many on the left are so blinded by their hatred for Trump that they would say the world is flat if Donny said it was round.

And this is coming from someone that would rather have Trump stroke out than run in 2024.

Edited by Theo Brixton
  • Fire 2

Democrats are peaceful! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_4FluN2Wsk)

Democrats accept election results! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6qJCCg45Ow)

It keeps going

• The CIA is behind the crack epidemic in the nation's inner cities
  • George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. (35% of Democrats believed versus 12% of Republicans)
  • The Republican campaign engineered a delay in Iran's 1980 release of American hostages to win the presidency. 

The tit-for-tat is stupid.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Trump is a Russian asset!

My COVID vaccine protects you!

The unvaccinated must be punished!

The lab leak hypothesis is racist!

I could go on...

See, both sides can play that game. The difference is virtually no one on the right believes any of the nonsense you mention while many on the left are so blinded by their hatred for Trump that they would say the world is flat if Donny said it was round.

And this is coming from someone that would rather have Trump stroke out than run in 2024.

Ballot dumping!

Obamer spied on Deuce Tower!

News is Fake!

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, jross said:

Democrats are peaceful! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_4FluN2Wsk)

Democrats accept election results! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6qJCCg45Ow)

It keeps going

• The CIA is behind the crack epidemic in the nation's inner cities
  • George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. (35% of Democrats believed versus 12% of Republicans)
  • The Republican campaign engineered a delay in Iran's 1980 release of American hostages to win the presidency. 

The tit-for-tat is stupid.

Democrats!? Who's talking about them,  other than you?

I don't vote, nor participate in this charade that we call a "political system," so no party tag belongs to me,  sir.

Plus, I'm an avowed Communercicist, so why would I like Democrats?!

Hunter Biden!

Libruls operate child sex rings!

Fauci is wrong!

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

43 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Democrats!? Who's talking about them,  other than you?

The post is about young people being stupid for voting Democrat.  And it's funny because the Democrats also call young people stupid while pandering to them.  I call bullshit both ways and vote for who I think is best rather than on party lines.  This economy sucks, and it impacts everyone I know.  Stupid people are talking about stupid things that are not an immediate priority (trans kids) and believing lies that global comprehensive abortion laws will be here tomorrow.  These young people think Republicans are stealing their rights while ignoring that the Democrats are the vax fanatics that restricted everybody in the nation.

I didn't vote forever because what does it matter when I'm in a state like Kansas that always votes red?  But my vote matters, and I vote.

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Fauci is wrong!

LOL, Fauci was wrong about a lot. There probably wasn't one major issue of the pandemic where he didn't say something factually incorrect for political purposes. He talked out of both sides of his mouth on everything and there is ample video evidence to document this. To mock the idea that Fauci was a highly controversial figure means you drank the MSM Kool-Aid. Explains a lot.

4 hours ago, jross said:

The post is about young people being stupid for voting Democrat.  And it's funny because the Democrats also call young people stupid while pandering to them.  I call bullshit both ways and vote for who I think is best rather than on party lines.  This economy sucks, and it impacts everyone I know.  Stupid people are talking about stupid things that are not an immediate priority (trans kids) and believing lies that global comprehensive abortion laws will be here tomorrow.  These young people think Republicans are stealing their rights while ignoring that the Democrats are the vax fanatics that restricted everybody in the nation.

I didn't vote forever because what does it matter when I'm in a state like Kansas that always votes red?  But my vote matters, and I vote.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't vote, nor participate in this charade that we call the American "political system."

39 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

LOL, Fauci was wrong about a lot. There probably wasn't one major issue of the pandemic where he didn't say something factually incorrect for political purposes. He talked out of both sides of his mouth on everything and there is ample video evidence to document this. To mock the idea that Fauci was a highly controversial figure means you drank the MSM Kool-Aid. Explains a lot.

And your medical training comes from where to draw this "conclusion," sir?

Now, given the fact that the ONLY people who speak of Fauci being wrong are, ironically, members of the "media."  So, one must ask:  what's that about drinking Kool-Aid, sir? 

I certainly don't recall Fauci ever saying that injecting disinfectants, nor ultraviolent radiation would be immediate cures for COVID, do you, sir? 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Ban, you understand why no one likes you, right?

i mean i hope that's the case and that you just don't care.

Must be why LeDuke just liked my last post, eh, sir?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

And your medical training comes from where to draw this "conclusion," sir?

Now, given the fact that the ONLY people who speak of Fauci being wrong are, ironically, members of the "media."  So, one must ask:  what's that about drinking Kool-Aid, sir? 

I certainly don't recall Fauci ever saying that injecting disinfectants, nor ultraviolent radiation would be immediate cures for COVID, do you, sir? 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhD in biochemistry. Work in drug development. Have a close friend that was responsible for the design of an approved Covid vaccine outside of the United States. Yeah, I don't know anything and couldn't possibly have an independent, informed thought on any of this.

To criticize Fauci is not tacit support of Trump. You are so blinded by TDS that you and many others here can't think straight. A sight to behold...

23 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

PhD in biochemistry. Work in drug development. Have a close friend that was responsible for the design of an approved Covid vaccine outside of the United States. Yeah, I don't know anything and couldn't possibly have an independent, informed thought on any of this.

To criticize Fauci is not tacit support of Trump. You are so blinded by TDS that you and many others here can't think straight. A sight to behold...

Super!  Mes always likes an eggakated man.  Unfortunately, you didn't quite meet my question asking where your MEDICAL training was from.

Far be it from me to think I'd know more than a physician when it comes to medicine, but, that's just me.  However, and, for some odd reason, my three shots sure minimized my COVID symptoms, the two times that I got it. 

Incidentally, that was something Fauci was recommending for us to do, but, of course, he's wrong.

• Fire 1

45 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

oh, if le duke liked it than disregard. i stand corrected. you're wildly popular.

Did you not say, "no one," sir?  

Absolutism rarely works...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Ban Basketball said:

Super!  Mes always likes an eggakated man.  Unfortunately, you didn't quite meet my question asking where your MEDICAL training was from.

Far be it from me to think I'd know more than a physician when it comes to medicine, but, that's just me.  However, and, for some odd reason, my three shots sure minimized my COVID symptoms, the two times that I got it. 

Incidentally, that was something Fauci was recommending for us to do, but, of course, he's wrong.

Your response lacked the nuance I come to expect from you.

The vaccines have the potential to limit severe disease and death of those at high risk. Aggregated analysis of the vaccine trials bore this out for a number of vaccines (but not all, BTW). Those at significant risk of severe disease were well-advised to take them. 

Young, healthy adults and children should not have been required to take the vaccine to participate in public life. They should be free to take an approved vaccine if they choose but should not be compelled. Any person suggesting otherwise is just pathetic and should not be in a position of authority. On themat.com forums, there were a surprising number of idiots who relished the thought of forcing others to take the vaccines and/or punishing those who resisted. Pretty sad to see actually.

Fauci is widely recognized as a political creature and his statements should be treated as such--not sure how that can be a controversial statement in any way at this point if you are paying attention. 

• Fire 1

On 11/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, Husker_Du said:

Bernard what can you point to as evidence that he's sharp?

and what about his platform do you like? letting criminals out? stopping fracking (which he lied about)? 

crime is not a serious problem in this country and we should let a lot of people out of jail. rates are way way lower than when you grew up old timer. with that beings said, crime is up a little, but that should be expected during a global economic crisis. the raise also didn't correlate with "liberal" reform policies. crime is also up in the suburbs and especially in the country. red states saw equal and often higher increases in crime. but again, these increases are from historic lows and the country is still far safer than when you grew up. unfortunately, propaganda stories in the media about isolated incidents (usually black intercity crime) whip people into a frenzy. we should focus on more important issues.

we should also probably stop fracking. we need to move off fossil fuels eventually. fetterman is straddling the fence here. his economic populism and labor background that won him a lot of rural voters puts him on the side of fracking. but he also has been clear that it needs to be heavily regulated because of what it can do to the local environment. we've all seen the videos of people showing up to town council meetings with brown and red tap water. i don't blame him for being soft on fracking, especially as a lone senator who is not likely to make a huge difference.

everything else seems pretty run of the mill rational governance. anything specific? maybe you should be reading a little less mike thernovich lol right wing media rots your brain.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Theo Brixton said:

Your response lacked the nuance I come to expect from you.

The vaccines have the potential to limit severe disease and death of those at high risk. Aggregated analysis of the vaccine trials bore this out for a number of vaccines (but not all, BTW). Those at significant risk of severe disease were well-advised to take them. 

Young, healthy adults and children should not have been required to take the vaccine to participate in public life. They should be free to take an approved vaccine if they choose but should not be compelled. Any person suggesting otherwise is just pathetic and should not be in a position of authority. On themat.com forums, there were a surprising number of idiots who relished the thought of forcing others to take the vaccines and/or punishing those who resisted. Pretty sad to see actually.

Fauci is widely recognized as a political creature and his statements should be treated as such--not sure how that can be a controversial statement in any way at this point if you are paying attention. 

Having grown up in Rochester, Minnesota, still living close to there, still having all of my family there, and still keeping in touch with everything, I'll trust what they were telling us regarding COVID and how to prevent and treat it.

Oddly, I've never seen any alarm bells raised by them over Fauci, nor any refuting of what he has suggested.

I'll trust them; theys perdy derned good at medicine.  You can continue to try to outfox them and call them wrong.  I won't stop you.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Having grown up in Rochester, Minnesota, still living close to there, still having all of my family there, and still keeping in touch with everything, I'll trust what they were telling us regarding COVID and how to prevent and treat it.

Oddly, I've never seen any alarm bells raised by them over Fauci, nor any refuting of what he has suggested.

I'll trust them; theys perdy derned good at medicine.  You can continue to try to outfox them and call them wrong.  I won't stop you.

A vacuous appeal to authority is fitting for you.

Any person suggesting that the unvaccinated should lose their jobs or be prevented from participating in daily public life is woefully uniformed (and likely nasty, petty and vindictive), MD or otherwise. 

Any person claiming that young people must be vaccinated to attend school really doesn't understand medicine or basic decency. The risk-benefit profile for young men and boys is unclear and mandating Covid vaccination for them is unethical and not based in science or evidence-based medicine.

Any person demanding a previously infected person be vaccinated does not understand how the immune system works and its relevance to Covid (or is doing so for political purposes--pathetic).

Fauci is a highly polarizing for a number of reasons and several of them are legitimate. He's a self-serving narcissist that has done his best to create a narrative fitting his agenda. Much of what he says is based in fact, of course, but some important points can be outright refuted--besides the various times he has talked out of both sides of his mouth. If you've never seen alarm bells raised then you should crawl out of whatever echo chamber you're in occasionally. Or maybe just refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about. 

Most medical professionals are not following any of the minutiae associated with vaccines and the devil's in the details. 

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

A vacuous appeal to authority is fitting for you.

Any person suggesting that the unvaccinated should lose their jobs or be prevented from participating in daily public life is woefully uniformed (and likely nasty, petty and vindictive), MD or otherwise. 

Any person claiming that young people must be vaccinated to attend school really doesn't understand medicine or basic decency. The risk-benefit profile for young men and boys is unclear and mandating Covid vaccination for them is unethical and not based in science or evidence-based medicine.

Any person demanding a previously infected person be vaccinated does not understand how the immune system works and its relevance to Covid (or is doing so for political purposes--pathetic).

Fauci is a highly polarizing for a number of reasons and several of them are legitimate. He's a self-serving narcissist that has done his best to create a narrative fitting his agenda. Much of what he says is based in fact, of course, but some important points can be outright refuted--besides the various times he has talked out of both sides of his mouth. If you've never seen alarm bells raised then you should crawl out of whatever echo chamber you're in occasionally. Or maybe just refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about. 

Most medical professionals are not following any of the minutiae associated with vaccines and the devil's in the details. 

Well, my best advice would be to contact our major medical centers in the U.S.-I can help you with the Mayo Clinic, as I still know a lot of contacts within there-and inform them that they are ALL wrong for following and prescribing da COVID advice, and that you and the 30 percenters, gathered around AM radyo and Tattletale "News" each and every day, have ALL of the answers for what to do with da COVID.

As I said before, I won't stop you.  It should CERTAINLY give you the fame you seek, as they are all wrong and you and the 30 percenters, gathered around AM radyo and Tattletale "News" each and everyday are completely right.  Now, that is QUITE a feat!

Go git, em, sir!

TDS!

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

Well, my best advice would be to contact our major medical centers in the U.S.-I can help you with the Mayo Clinic, as I still know a lot of contacts within there-and inform them that they are ALL wrong for following and prescribing da COVID advice, and that you and the 30 percenters, gathered around AM radyo and Tattletale "News" each and every day, have ALL of the answers for what to do with da COVID.

As I said before, I won't stop you.  It should CERTAINLY give you the fame you seek, as they are all wrong and you and the 30 percenters, gathered around AM radyo and Tattletale "News" each and everyday are completely right.  Now, that is QUITE a feat!

Go git, em, sir!

TDS!

Which one of your "contacts" is prescribing your psych meds? Might want to get them adjusted...

2 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Which one of your "contacts" is prescribing your psych meds? Might want to get them adjusted...

Don't use "Clinic," as us Rochesterites call it, physicians,  just local, Ioway ones. 

No psychotropic meds needed yet ( hoping that continues), but I'll be sure to consult with my local "physician," a biochemist, if such conditions do arise.

HOWEVER,  because biochemists indeed know more about medicine than do physicians, you and my friends on here will be thrilled to know that I've done did set up an upcoming physical exam with a biochemist colleague of mine.  He'll done git me healed up in no time!

Biden's Border Crisis!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

crime is not a serious problem in this country and we should let a lot of people out of jail. rates are way way lower than when you grew up old timer. with that beings said, crime is up a little, but that should be expected during a global economic crisis. the raise also didn't correlate with "liberal" reform policies. crime is also up in the suburbs and especially in the country. red states saw equal and often higher increases in crime. but again, these increases are from historic lows and the country is still far safer than when you grew up. unfortunately, propaganda stories in the media about isolated incidents (usually black intercity crime) whip people into a frenzy. we should focus on more important issues.

we should also probably stop fracking. we need to move off fossil fuels eventually. fetterman is straddling the fence here. his economic populism and labor background that won him a lot of rural voters puts him on the side of fracking. but he also has been clear that it needs to be heavily regulated because of what it can do to the local environment. we've all seen the videos of people showing up to town council meetings with brown and red tap water. i don't blame him for being soft on fracking, especially as a lone senator who is not likely to make a huge difference.

everything else seems pretty run of the mill rational governance. anything specific? maybe you should be reading a little less mike thernovich lol right wing media rots your brain.

"crime is not a serious problem in this country and we should let a lot of people out of jail."

You might be on to something. You think crime will still be down if we let "a lot" of them out? If so, which ones?