Illinois vs msu

Southend

17-16 ILLINI

ILLINOIS wins four of the first five and then Edmond Ruth at 174. The hero was Jake Harrier beating Peyton Omania. Also, Danny Pucino with the tech fall.

Other ILLINI winners were Maximo Renteria, and Lucas Byrd, who controlled Rayvon Foley from start to finish.

It was a true team win. Anthony Federico (in lieu of Mikey Carr) and redshirt Freshman Dylan Connell kept the big guns for MSU (Chase Saldate and Layne Mxyzptlk) to very close decisions.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, D3UC157 said:

Surprisingly fun match. MSU has made some strides in recent years.

Ok , I’m not sure that it may be a combination, MSU getting better and Illinois being a notch or two down from what they usually are at. But it sure Makes for a competitive match. 

38 minutes ago, Southend said:

Ok , I’m not sure that it may be a combination, MSU getting better and Illinois being a notch or two down from what they usually are at. But it sure Makes for a competitive match. 

a couple brothers made a couple silly mistakes that made the dual meet much closer than necessary.

8 hours ago, Southend said:

Last year's ILLINI team is beaten by this year's MSU team. Next year's ILLINI team, which gets back Luffman, Joe Roberts and Cardani, and adds two Who's #1 recruits--available for a combined ten duals even if they redshirt--beats this year's ILLINI team.

Coaches Poeta, Hunter, Ruth and IMAR have the ship going in the right direction. Every decision seems to be golden, from facilities to recruits to NIL and other student financial assistance to the IRTC.

That's not to take anything away from MSU, a team that has greatly improved. It is true that I do a poor job complimenting other teams. Please realize that it is only because I hate them and their fans.

If Caffey is interested in continuing his wrestling career post-collegiately, I hope he strongly considers joining the greco team at IRTC. Medlin whiffed not going after him out of HS as an unpolished gem in this internet idiot’s opinion.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Last year's ILLINI team is beaten by this year's MSU team. Next year's ILLINI team, which gets back Luffman, Joe Roberts and Cardani, and adds two Who's #1 recruits--available for a combined ten duals even if they redshirt--beats this year's ILLINI team.

Coaches Poeta, Hunter, Ruth and IMAR have the ship going in the right direction. Every decision seems to be golden, from facilities to recruits to NIL and other student financial assistance to the IRTC.

That's not to take anything away from MSU, a team that has greatly improved. It is true that I do a poor job complimenting other teams. Please realize that it is only because I hate them and their fans.

Good to hear, hope they keep it up, Illinois was a tough dual team 10 years ago. As to why anyone would want to go to university of Illinois, is another thing. 

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Southend said:

Good to hear, hope they keep it up, Illinois was a tough dual team 10 years ago. As to why anyone would want to go to university of Illinois, is another thing. 

idk academics? Not everyone wants to go to Iowa or Wisconsin to get drunk for five years (4.5 if you try really hard second semester freshman year). Only Northwestern and Michigan have better p4p undergrad academics.

image.png.cbcf26969cc549bc6fa894226b6dd726.png

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

idk academics? Not everyone wants to go to Iowa or Wisconsin to get drunk for five years (4.5 if you try really hard second semester freshman year). Only Northwestern and Michigan have better p4p undergrad academics.

image.png.cbcf26969cc549bc6fa894226b6dd726.png

Depends on what you major in, Illinois is ranked above NW & MI in several areas.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Southend said:

Other than academics? Fill me in. Look I’m not trying to start a pissing contest here.  The place is hours away from any civilization. Young people like the urban scene.  

If you are looking to be an engineer or a computer scientist (part of the engineering school), U of I is at the absolute top of the pile.

• Fire 1

Just now, Southend said:

Other than academics? Fill me in. Look I’m not trying to start a pissing contest here.  The place is hours away from any civilization. Young people like the urban scene.  

There are not many schools that fit a criteria of Top 50 school AND urban scene. State College and Iowa City are not booming metro meccas, and neither is Ithaca, NY. I guess you could kind of argue Chapel Hill/Durham is an oasis in NC?

NYU, Stanford, UT Austin, etc. are few and far between. Even Miami (FL) is #55 so wouldn't meet this criteria, and it's a fantastic school.

44 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

There are not many schools that fit a criteria of Top 50 school AND urban scene. State College and Iowa City are not booming metro meccas, and neither is Ithaca, NY. I guess you could kind of argue Chapel Hill/Durham is an oasis in NC?

NYU, Stanford, UT Austin, etc. are few and far between. Even Miami (FL) is #55 so wouldn't meet this criteria, and it's a fantastic school.

It’s not just the urban aspect. U of Is campus is very.. bland

1 hour ago, Southend said:

The place is hours away from any civilization. 

😮 hours!!

image.png.9b2bafd0d3d270f638e6fef0dbc9a784.png

yes ... yes maybe it is.

Incoming students are required to show proof of a full week supply of groceries, there just ain't no civilization down there. 

If you've watched 1883 that's what it looks like except swampy.   🙄