US's problem with the Chinese balloon

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Which is why the question persists - Why did they allow it to fly all the way across the USA?   China maybe got what they wanted by that inaction.   It should have been brought down much sooner in my opinion, like when it was found over Alaska. 

mspart

Does that question really persist? The entire U.S. Military, all branches included, knows less than you do?

C'mon. These conspiracy theories are getting old and tired.

Which is why the question persists - Why did they allow it to fly all the way across the USA?   China maybe got what they wanted by that inaction.   It should have been brought down much sooner in my opinion, like when it was found over Alaska. 
mspart

Why did Trump let several of them fly across the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

Besides trying to deflect...since bringing up what happened in the past under Drump has nothing to do with the current situation, do you agree with how it was handled THIS time?

Besides trying to deflect...since bringing up what happened in the past under Drump has nothing to do with the current situation, do you agree with how it was handled THIS time?

Yes, actually.

I’ve explained why doing nothing when it was over CONUS was the correct thing to do, earlier in this thread.

15 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yes, actually.

I’ve explained why doing nothing when it was over CONUS was the correct thing to do, earlier in this thread.

Ahhh...okay.  Did you think the risk of additional data collection by the balloon was less of a threat than that of potential damage to it landing out in the middle of nowhere in Montana?  And are you okay with Trump not even knowing about the balloons that briefly flew over the US?

My personal opinion, I can't believe Trump didn't know, but not surprised.  Each and every one of those balloons should have been shot down as soon as they were discovered in our air space.  Scary to think we are so laissez faire about this.  I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but to think we are okay with China sending these balloons into our airspace should scare every one of us.

Ahhh...okay.  Did you think the risk of additional data collection by the balloon was less of a threat than that of potential damage to it landing out in the middle of nowhere in Montana?  And are you okay with Trump not even knowing about the balloons that briefly flew over the US?
My personal opinion, I can't believe Trump didn't know, but not surprised.  Each and every one of those balloons should have been shot down as soon as they were discovered in our air space.  Scary to think we are so laissez faire about this.  I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but to think we are okay with China sending these balloons into our airspace should scare every one of us.

Again: why shoot it down when we can collect on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry...collect on what?

This is the problem with the entire thread.

It’s a bunch of people who don’t know anything at all about EW, ELINT or COMINT, commenting about how we should be shooting something down instead of using it as an opportunity to learn more about communications architecture, TTPs, vulnerabilities and strengths.

Luckily, people who actually do this stuff for a living are the ones providing advice, and not a wrestling board.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

This is the problem with the entire thread.

It’s a bunch of people who don’t know anything at all about EW, ELINT or COMINT, commenting about how we should be shooting something down instead of using it as an opportunity to learn more about communications architecture, TTPs, vulnerabilities and strengths.

Well that is 100% incorrect and an off the wall overstatement.  Because people aren't IT experts or security experts, they can't have an opinion about the spy balloon?  Excuse our ignorance ole wise one.  🙄  

So I'll ask you this question then, you are more concerned about MAYBE gaining some insights into things our IT/Security Experts may not know, over the potential to lose valuable national security secretes, such as nuclear silo sites??  If so, you and I sir think about things WAY differently.  Bottom line is, no other country's spy plane/balloon/drone/etc. should be allowed to fly in our country without our say or approval...or EVER!!

Well that is 100% incorrect and an off the wall overstatement.  Because people aren't IT experts or security experts, they can't have an opinion about the spy balloon?  Excuse our ignorance ole wise one.    
So I'll ask you this question then, you are more concerned about MAYBE gaining some insights into things our IT/Security Experts may not know, over the potential to lose valuable national security secretes, such as nuclear silo sites??  If so, you and I sir think about things WAY differently.  Bottom line is, no other country's spy plane/balloon/drone/etc. should be allowed to fly in our country without our say or approval...or EVER!!

Bro, if you think those locations were a secret before this balloon flight, and a balloon (!) was used to discover then, you’re terribly naive.

18 hours ago, Le duke said:

Probably because Milley fed him some line of BS. The same Milley who openly undermined the his boss with the Chinese. 

Anyone who would imply Trump was easier on China than Beijing Biden has a screw lose.

Edited by El Luchador
Scpeling

22 hours ago, Le duke said:

There are reports that Chinese spy balloons flew over the US during the time of the Trump administration. However, Trump was not aware of this[1]. The Biden administration became aware of it after Trump left office and is now considering informing him about it.

The recent decision to destroy the balloons is questionable as it was done after they had already traveled across the US and over the ocean, which caused the exploded parts to scatter and be damaged by salt water. This could have been handled differently with attempts to bring the balloons down gently on land for payload analysis. If 'engage and destroy' was the right answer, it should have occurred before reaching the mainland.  This raises questions about the leadership's judgement and the information they were acting on.

[1]  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-officials-deny-chinese-spy-balloons-flew-above-us-on-their-watch/ar-AA178Ixz

1 hour ago, jross said:

There are reports that Chinese spy balloons flew over the US during the time of the Trump administration. However, Trump was not aware of this[1]. The Biden administration became aware of it after Trump left office and is now considering informing him about it.

No, nobody is considering informing Trump of anything.

He's a has-been pudgy orange moron that is completely irrelevant when it comes to the current and future political landscape.

Hope that wasn't too direct.

I saw a report that this didn't happen.  The director of Norad says it was not true that this happened during the Trump administration.  Other officials concurred.  Thus appears to be another Binden lie. Fake news again. 

He absolutely did NOT say that.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/chinese-balloons-trump-early-biden-admin-spotted-norad/story?id=96925646