Minimum wrestling credentials to obtain respect on forums?

Jimmy Cinnabon

I was admittedly a poor high school wrestler - a starter yes, but by necessity.  But there have been D-1 champs, All-Americans, even world medalists who have posted on wrestling forums such as this.

My question to you...is what minimum wrestling credentials does one have to achieve to obtain respect?  High school state placer? College starter? D-1 All-American?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I was admittedly a poor high school wrestler - a starter yes, but by necessity.  But there have been D-1 champs, All-Americans, even world medalists who have posted on wrestling forums such as this.

My question to you...is what minimum wrestling credentials does one have to achieve to obtain respect?  High school state placer? College starter? D-1 All-American?

Anyone NOT named Jimmy Cinnabon?

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

JV MVP 😐

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Is there a bar to which those not meeting criteria are supposed to be given disrespect?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Now there seems to be some truth to this observation. I’ve witnessed a few arguments where one party brings up”you never wrestle in your life “  into their argument, to hold sway over the poor non wrestlers.  

5 minutes ago, Southend said:

Now there seems to be some truth to this observation. I’ve witnessed a few arguments where one party brings up”you never wrestle in your life “  into their argument, to hold sway over the poor non wrestlers.  

There's definitely something to be said for actual experience in the sport.  You can't fully understand what it's like to wrestle under the lights as a mere spectator.

Then again, there are many examples of professional coaches (like in the NFL) who never even played the sport.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

There's definitely something to be said for actual experience in the sport.  You can't fully understand what it's like to wrestle under the lights as a mere spectator.

Then again, there are many examples of professional coaches (like in the NFL) who never even played the sport.

Is Elon Musk an astronaut?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

So you being a poor wrestler, you never wrestled under the lights, this correct?

So there can be those who experience the sport experts, and those who have only studied the sport experts. Who has the most sway? Of course we know, a combination of both deserves utmost respect and importance on any board discussion yielding any argument by other’s. This the way you see it?

Forum respect is built upon your contribution to the forum, whether it be knowledge (usually gained from personal experienc), observations (usually gained as being a conscious fan/spectator), or wit/humor (you either have it or you don't).  

I wrestled for 12 years.  Loved the sport, wasn't a D1 calibre, but have an intense love of the sport.  I'm now a middle aged man living vicariously through others in my Fandom and am having fun on the mat thru BJJ.  

I contribute here and there, make some controversial comments from time to time, but don't really feel disrespected.  We are a community of folks that care about wrestling and that is our common bond.

• Fire 2

It all also depends on what you are discussing. If you are talking about how grueling a DI day to day life is and have not done it, you can only assume and observe. That does not make that person's point invalid, and it is not from the same perspective as the person who did it. Then some did and are great observers. Here is a list of people with that I deeply respect their opinions (when it is not joking around). (People who I know/knew).

1. Ray

2. JB

3. Smalls

4. Late (Les Anderson)

5. J

6. Gable

7. Johnny Johnson

8. Bryce

9. Fuhr

10. M. Morgan

Edited by Viratas

That’s to keep your whining ass shut. You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your ass to the train station myself.