Wrestle-offs

Idaho

4 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Minnesota doesn't have wrestle-offs per se, but they had an open practice yesterday.  They do simulated matches without refs, so you get a rough idea of how people are doing.  Weights that are somewhat contested are 133, 165, 174, 184.  Of these weights only Sparks and Carlson (165) wrestled each other yesterday, with Sparks having a slight edge.  Sounds like Foy may go down to 184 to challenge Salazar.

Sparks & Carlson is a pretty good situation for MN given that Sparks has shown flashes of brilliance but has also had some durability issues that Carlson has not.  (165) looks to be a reliable, if not better, weight for the Gophers.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Jrod65 said:

MJ Gaitan off to a good start.  Had wins over Rojas and Broderson in the ISU wrestleoffs.  

Yes he did...I think he is redshirting...and if not I think the determination with Broderson/Gaitan as starter will continue since the match itself was a little fluky. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, CycloneFan97 said:

I wasn't able to make it to the wrestle-offs but it sounded like Swiderski was really sucked down to 141.

Well he hasn't been that low since junior year and he is a workhorse.  He wrestled the hugh school season at 152 (154) then dropped to 145 for his last match with Mendes.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Arizona State's wrestle-offs are scheduled for next Friday (Nov. 4th).  According to their recently updated wrestling schedule it's scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. MT and they have included a link labeled WATCH.   But seeing as how they have failed (monumentally) to deliver on things like this in the past I will remain dubious.  As the old saying goes...........fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice shame on me.   Fool me twenty times...............institutionalize me.

https://thesundevils.com/sports/wrestling/schedule?path=wrestling

I also have to question their wisdom in scheduling this for next Friday night seeing as U.C.L.A. will be playing @ Arizona State in football next Friday night at 7:30 p.m. MT.

Edited by Thumper
addition

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

do you know what the weigh in situation was? i know swiderski was wrestling up at 152 last year. maybe just getting acclimated?

He had to stay withing striking distance of 145(147 after January 1st), as he dropped there for a few high profile tournaments/duals.  Otherwise he went wherever it gave Dundee a better chance at victory - 152 ot 160.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He had to stay withing striking distance of 145(147 after January 1st), as he dropped there for a few high profile tournaments/duals.  Otherwise he went wherever it gave Dundee a better chance at victory - 152 ot 160.

i figured as much, but even so it's an extra 4 lbs. 

Just now, uncle bernard said:

i figured as much, but even so it's an extra 4 lbs. 

If you look at him, though, between his junior and senior seasons he got MUCH bigger.  Much bigger while wrestling at some point in time during those seasons 'down' at 145.

He is a very physically driven kid.  He may be too large for 141 now.  His frame is just as large as his brother, who is now at CMU and wrestling 157.

• Fire 1

Missouri wrestle-offs

149 – Nate Pulliam over Joel Mylin by dec. 9-4

157 – Logan Gioffre over Cam Steed by dec. 3-0

157 – Jerrdon Fisher over Mitchell Bohlken by dec. 6-2

285 – Seth Nitzel over Cole Gripka by fall

133 – Connor Brown over Zachry Seltzer by dec. 10-4

141 – Easton Hilton over Owen Uhls, dec. 4-0

141 – Allan Hart over Korbin Shepherd, dec. 9-3

149- Brock Mauller over Nate Pulliam, dec. 4-3

157 – Jarrett Jacques over Jeremy Jakowitsch, maj. dec. 22-8

157 – Logan Gioffre over Jerrdon Fisher, dec. 3-1

165 – Keegan O'Toole over James Conway, maj. dec. 18-5

174 – Peyton Mocco over Ellis Pfleger, dec. 5-2

184 - Sean Harman over Clayton Whiting, dec. 3-2

197 – Jesse Cassatt over Tommy Hagan, dec. 5-1

285 – Steven Kolcheff over Ryan Boersma, dec. 2-0

285 – Zach Elam over Seth Nitzel by fall

125 – Zachry Seltzer over Peyton Moore, maj. dec. 17-5

38 minutes ago, SoonerKing said:

My Sooners are looking deeper than ever. Have maybe 2 holes to fill but have options not in wrestle offs. 2nd trip to Tulsa will still be difficult yet the entire season expect a drastic improvement! 

When I looked through the wrestle offs I did too. I thought Henson was going 141. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐