Is there bias in the news media?

mspart

13 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

I can't show you because you won't read it,  nor are you interested.  If you were,  you'd know by now that hundreds of books' cultures have been banned and you support it. 

No,  stay in your lane. If you're a parent of students,  have ALL the say that you want at parent/ teacher conferences.  You also have a say DAILY, by helping your kids with their work.  But,  of course,  you're too busy posting stupidity on here and listening to irresponsible people keeping you angry and uninformed.

If you want a say at school board meetings,  have at it but (1) go INFORMED,  as most who get fed by AM radio are not,  and (2) don't be a terrorist. 

If all of that fails,  you still have two choices: home school,  or private school. 

Giddy on, boy.  I must look like a fool,  arguing with an angry fool.

LOL....you continue to demonstrate how and why you should NOT be a teacher.  It is teachers like you that give them a bad name telling parents to stay out of their schooling and having a say in how they are educated...once again get over your narcissistic self.  

You did get one thing right in your post...you are in fact a fool.

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

You'd be wrong.   Longitudinally,   student test scores have risen since 1973.

The few colleges that have chosen to get rid of test scores aren't doing it because scores are going down. 

As the kids say,  stay in your lane.  You likely wear your name on your shirt where you work,  so you're out of your league taking eggakashun with me. 

You know you’re not good at handling data, but nothing is so misplaced as you’re arrogance.  

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL....you continue to demonstrate how and why you should NOT be a teacher.  It is teachers like you that give them a bad name telling parents to stay out of their schooling and having a say in how they are educated...once again get over your narcissistic self.  

You did get one thing right in your post...you are in fact a fool.

No,  I told  you PRECISELY  how you and other parents are to be involved in your kids' schooling. 

However,  no,  you don't get to set nor determine curricula,  as you have no training in how vto do so,  and we would be sending off horribly "educated" students. 

You'd be living proof of the moronicism that would come out of our schools.  You don't even know how to find resources on the hundreds of books cancelled by you authoritarians.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

You know you’re not good at handling data, but nothing is so misplaced as you’re arrogance.  

Disprove me then.  Show me where student test scores have been dropping for 50 years. 

This should be fun to see,  friends!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

No,  I told  you PRECISELY  how you and other parents are to be involved in your kids' schooling. 

However,  no,  you don't get to set nor determine curricula,  as you have no training in how vto do so,  and we would be sending off horribly "educated" students. 

You'd be living proof of the moronicism that would come out of our schools.  You don't even know how to find resources on the hundreds of books cancelled by you authoritarians.

First off dum dum, you won't and will never be able to tell me how to do a freaking thing...you are an idiot and anyone who listens to you and takes advice from you would be out of their freaking mind.  I truly feel sorry for any child you may have had as a student.  I can only hope your online persona is an act; however, based on your arrogance and narcissistic behavior, pretty sure you are probably like this in real life too...God help those kids!!  

99% of the time I don't take this forum very seriously, but the one thing that is serious is that you are disease to this forum.  You make every topic about yourself.  You get into arguments with pretty much every single person on here and you then try and play the victim.  Do us all a favor and actually stand by your words for once and cancel yourself already...this forum will be a much better place without you!

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

First off dum dum, you won't and will never be able to tell me how to do a freaking thing...you are an idiot and anyone who listens to you and takes advice from you would be out of their freaking mind.  I truly feel sorry for any child you may have had as a student.  I can only hope your online persona is an act; however, based on your arrogance and narcissistic behavior, pretty sure you are probably like this in real life too...God help those kids!!  

99% of the time I don't take this forum very seriously, but the one thing that is serious is that you are disease to this forum.  You make every topic about yourself.  You get into arguments with pretty much every single person on here and you then try and play the victim.  Do us all a favor and actually stand by your words for once and cancel yourself already...this forum will be a much better place without you!

I teach no chillen, only adult convicts,  remember?

Onto more important matters,  is everything ok at home? 

WOWZA!

• 3 weeks later...

BBC

It's still there if you go through the pages of https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350

We've talked about this before...

Tyranny of words.  The media shapes through propaganda, rhetoric, framing, and censorship to serve interests.

When presented with evidence, there are forum members here who don't believe big tech monopolies also do this... (belief perseverance) or are dismissive with statements that these large monopolies are private companies (cognitive dissonance).   This is worse than ignorance.

Edited by jross

It is good that media is now getting the same treatment as social media on this bbs.  There will now be a push for all media outlets to show all sides evenly.  No buzz words, no censor by omission, no coordinating content and scheduling with the sitting POTUS.  None of that.  Just freedom!

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It is good that media is now getting the same treatment as social media on this bbs.  There will now be a push for all media outlets to show all sides evenly.  No buzz words, no censor by omission, no coordinating content and scheduling with the sitting POTUS.  None of that.  Just freedom!

You better be careful Plasi...you are starting to sound like one of those deplorables

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

That sure would be nice!!