Lee bump up vs RBY

BAC

19 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Funny, that score in the GIF indicates RBY scored two TDs and an escape.

Maybe DeCantGo should’ve learned how to wrestle instead of trying the same shot, over and over and over again. Taking shots that have a 0% chance of finishing is not wrestling. Kid spent my time with his face buried in the mat than on his feet the last couple. It was kind of sad, and honestly, pathetic that his coaches couldn’t do anything to make it remotely competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe RBY is just better?  It happens.

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

If you are trying to convince people of something with these one liners and gifs you are going about it the wrong way. Plus, your inner hate is shining thru loud and clear. 

No.  I really think RBY is an all-time great, as I have said in previous posts.  He also seems to be a pretty nice guy, who is generous to his young fans.  I also liked when he credited DeSanto with making him better. 

I will root for him if he makes Team USA in freestyle, and I will root for him in MMA.

I do not think he is better than Spencer Lee.

I, and others, have noticed that he employs certain tactics in big matches and does not exactly have a high offensive output.  Sometimes, he actually runs.

In what universe is that hatred?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Rivera stalled to beat Lee? In the big 10s rivera has down 3-0 going into the 3rd came back scored 4 points while lee did nothing , then went to OT bc lee had a riding time point and Rivera took him down again …pretty hard to “stall” when you are down 3-0 and then get 3 straight takedowns 

Just re-watched the match.  So he didn't score a point for the first 5:58 of the match and didn't score an offensive point for the first 6:45, and you think he didn't stall?  Interesting theory.  He only got 2 TD's by the way, one with 15 seconds left in regulation and then the one in SV, which was a counter after Lee was in deep.  His first 2 points were an escape and a hands to the face penalty.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Just re-watched the match.  So he didn't score a point for the first 5:58 of the match and didn't score an offensive point for the first 6:45, and you think he didn't stall?  Interesting theory.  He only got 2 TD's by the way, one with 15 seconds left in regulation and then the one in SV, which was a counter after Lee was in deep.  His first 2 points were an escape and a hands to the face penalty.

Hater! You can't call out someone's lack of activity if they win a match!

P.S. Didn't the hands to the face send it to OT?

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Hater! You can't call out someone's lack of activity if they win a match!

P.S. Didn't the hands to the face send it to OT?

Yeah I don't blame him for doing it, that appears to be the blueprint for how to beat Lee.  But let's call a spade a spade here.

It was 3-0 to start the third and Rivera started on bottom.   Lee rode him for the first minute so had like 1:20 of RT.  Then Rivera escaped and the penalty made it 4-2 with the RT, which enabled him to tie it up with the TD at the end of the period.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Not an easy thing to measure - but my sense as a fan is that Lee has been more dominant overall and his cumulative total on the NCAA whip ass scale is a bit higher.  But Dake is an all timer as is Lee.

Spencer Lee has average 5.067 points per NCAA match (advancement, placement, and bonus) while Kyle Dake averaged 4.65.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Spencer Lee has average 5.067 points per NCAA match (advancement, placement, and bonus) while Kyle Dake averaged 4.65.

How many majors and/or techs did Lee get that he wouldn’t have if not for the 4 point nearfall?

18 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yep.  Gross not in Lee's class, but can defeat the unbeatable RBY.  RBY was scared of bottom.  A real mat wrestling machine!

Look at the top machine!! What a hammer!! Oh wait look he’s tried the same move over and over on top for the last 5 years! Real dynamo. And then we all saw what happened after Picc got out. Ol boy stopped moving his feet (which happens time and again), got balled up, and thrown to his back. 

Good thing the ref slapped the mat or else he’d still be laying there counting the lights.

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

zero. he would have just kept turning them as many times as it took.

I think you’re right for 2018.  But in 2019 he had a 9-point major and an 18-0 tech in 6:27, and in 2021 he had 3 majors (1 quick tech and no pins but excuses are for wussies).

Edited by 1032004

8 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well, those guys either graduated or cleared out.  Suriano 133 the next year, and then back down to 125 with no Lee. 

Keep in mind that for the Bresser loss, Lee was still working through his first ACL and wasn't even wearing an Iowa singlet.

RBY has certainly improved, and is an all-timer, although against better competition his primary strategy seems to be avoiding wrestling and then picking his spot. (No plural)

There were FDR, JFK, LBJ, RFK, MLK and others.  RBY?  I don't think so.
You mean you don't like to watch Bravo-Young ride his phantom unicycle around the outside of the mat?  GWB called that strategery.  I call it stalling.  We need more refs that aren't afraid of Cael that would call it too.

• Fire 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, Barracuda141 said:

Lee won't bump up. And if he does, he loses.

Historically speaking RBY is a much, much better version of the type of wrestler that has given Lee issues: Seabass, RB3.

RBY would evade for much of the first, put together a flurry of action in the last 30 seconds of the 1st period and take Lee down and ride him out.

In the second, Lee won't be able to ride RBY much less turn him in the 2nd period.

By the 3rd period, RBY slaps on a western hook and gets his minute of riding time and then cuts Lee loose. Spencer is so tired by then his feet stop moving. RBY wins a controlled 4-1.

*For all the naysayers

-RBY doesn't get tired..ever. RBY hasn't been close to being ridden..ever in the last 3 years. RBY is calculated with his attacks and has an extremely high finish rate. He took 1 shot on Fix and finished it. He could have taken Fix down whenever he wanted.  

-Spencer does get tired. Spencer does struggle with incredibly fast & athletic wrestlers. 125 might be the weakest weight in NCAA outside of Spencer

And then lastly, the coaching is going to make a difference. One team has shown time and again an ability to create a game plan and execute, while the other team/coaching staff has shown zero ability to do so.

😂🤣

I know would still never happen, but Askren's idea of doing it as an extra match would be pretty cool...

Side note, but I didn't realize RBY was held back twice in 8th grade (for athletic reasons)? He says that at 5:25 in this video (cool video though):  

It does look like he's only about 9.5 months younger than Fix, with Fix having been in college for an extra year.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I know would still never happen, but Askren's idea of doing it as an extra match would be pretty cool...

Side note, but I didn't realize RBY was held back twice in 8th grade (for athletic reasons)? He says that at 5:25 in this video (cool video though):  

It does look like he's only about 9.5 months younger than Fix, with Fix having been in college for an extra year.

"RBY was too small for high school so he did 8th grade twice. The second time around he just played video games and trained all day. No classes were attended. " Flowrestling

26 minutes ago, DocBB said:

"RBY was too small for high school so he did 8th grade twice. The second time around he just played video games and trained all day. No classes were attended. " Flowrestling

I mean he did literally say he didn't go to school at all and just wrestled

1 hour ago, DocBB said:

35 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I mean he did literally say he didn't go to school at all and just wrestled

Is this a good thing or no?

Edited by ionel

52 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is this a good thing or no?

I don't really have an issue with a 1-year holdback, 2 seems a bit much especially if you apparently don't even go to school.   I thought most holdbacks still go to school at least.  But clearly it worked out for him.

TBH I think it also takes away some of the claims that I've heard of RBY being "raw" prior to getting to PSU.  Not many guys have the opportunity to spend a year training full-time before even going to high school. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don't really have an issue with a 1-year holdback, 2 seems a bit much especially if you apparently don't even go to school.   I thought most holdbacks still go to school at least.  But clearly it worked out for him.

TBH I think it also takes away some of the claims that I've heard of RBY being "raw" prior to getting to PSU.  Not many guys have the opportunity to spend a year training full-time before even going to high school. 

He couldn't have been that raw.  He is from a top program that has produced multiple studs.  Didn't he also start his first year at PSU?