Nebraska vs Minnesota

parchypyle

Morton wouldn't win that match very often.  That was huge swing in the dual.  Burwick needs to get his conditioning up to speed quickly as he will probably have to earn his way in at the tourney.  Salazar is very good.  Was happy to see Pinto could go toe to toe with him.  He just needs to be a little bit smarter on strategy.  I don't understand going neutral to start 3rd up by 2, but he really needs to be able to stall his way out of the last 15 seconds.  I wish Allred was able to be at 184 instead of 197.  He is just so small for that class it seems. I have heard that Pinto could be down next year and then maybe he can too?  Seems like it would be a challenge for Pinto to move down a class though though.  He looks like a solid 184 body.   I really like in general how the Huskers are wrestling with fairly smart aggression in general.  Some of the veterans the last couple years didn't necessarily do that and it seemed to carry over to the rest of the team. 

Edited by Royalfan

2 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

Morton wouldn't win that match very often.  That was huge swing in the dual.  Burwick needs to get his conditioning up to speed quickly as he will probably have to earn his way in at the tourney.  Salazar is very good.  Was happy to see Pinto could go toe to toe with him.  He just needs to be a little bit smarter on strategy.  I don't understand going neutral to start 3rd up by 2, but he really needs to be able to stall his way out of the last 15 seconds.  I wish Allred was able to be at 184 instead of 197.  He is just so small for that class it seems. I have heard that Pinto could be down next year and then maybe he can too?  Seems like it would be a challenge for Pinto to move down a class though though.  He looks like a solid 184 body.   I really like in general how the Huskers are wrestling with fairly smart aggression in general.  Some of the veterans the last couple years didn't necessarily do that and it seemed to carry over to the rest of the team. 

Salazar has been turning guys like crazy with tilts all year. Probably part of the strategy with Pinto. Huskers looked very good tonight. 

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Gus said:

Salazar has been turning guys like crazy with tilts all year. Probably part of the strategy with Pinto. Huskers looked very good tonight. 

Pinto has an "it" factor you just can't coach.  He has powerful moves and positions that are wild.  He is going to upset someone in ncaas

25 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

I agree. I'd say everyone for nebraska wrestled well expect Bubba Wilson.  Man he's in a slump 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

I agree. I'd say everyone for nebraska wrestled well expect Bubba Wilson.  Man he's in a slump 

Speaking of slump..... Brayton Lee not having the season I expected him to have. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

After last night, the top spot at 141 is a fight between Hardy, Woods, and Alirez imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that they all looked good. Cornella seems to be rounding into form and will be a problem at NCAA’s. I would not count out my guy Clay Carlson either. Allen Hart, Swiderski and Ryan Jack should all push the top guys. 

47 minutes ago, Gus said:

Agree that they all looked good. Cornella seems to be rounding into form and will be a problem at NCAA’s. I would not count out my guy Clay Carlson either. Allen Hart, Swiderski and Ryan Jack should all push the top guys. 

I haven't seen Carlson this year.  In some of his past performances he has been very, very physical, which is a tough out for a lot of folks.

21 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I haven't seen Carlson this year.  In some of his past performances he has been very, very physical, which is a tough out for a lot of folks.

Carlson has been up and down this year. I think he’s healthy now and has been looking tough. Him and Hardy went to OT with Hardy winning last month. Match went to OT with Hardy getting riding time by a couple seconds. 

• Fire 1

I think Woods/Alirez might just be the match of the tourney this year. Haven’t seen Woods yet, but Alirez has RBY-type speed and stingy defense. I was gonna say he won’t be threatened, but Woods’ results are impressive. Not so sure Hardy has separated from the pact the way those 2 have. I’m really pulling for T-Nick to get a champ at NCO. 

• Fire 2

58 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

I think Woods/Alirez might just be the match of the tourney this year. Haven’t seen Woods yet, but Alirez has RBY-type speed and stingy defense. I was gonna say he won’t be threatened, but Woods’ results are impressive. Not so sure Hardy has separated from the pact the way those 2 have. I’m really pulling for T-Nick to get a champ at NCO. 

You most not have been watching hardy lately