NYC mayor indicted woot

Caveira

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

what did he (Adams) actually do?

i saw something about odd campaign contributions from Turkey. but i haven't looked into it very much. 

He is accused of taking bribes in the form of Turkish Air tickets and upgrades, and of campaign finance violations because he took money from Turkey via proxies, and of pressuring the fire department to issue a temporary certificate of occupancy for the new Turkish consulate in NY, that would have otherwise failed its fire code inspection, so that it could be open in time for a Turkish dignitary visit.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He is accused of taking bribes in the form of Turkish Air tickets and upgrades, and of campaign finance violations because he took money from Turkey via proxies, and of pressuring the fire department to issue a temporary certificate of occupancy for the new Turkish consulate in NY, that would have otherwise failed its fire code inspection, so that it could be open in time for a Turkish dignitary visit.

It’s absurd to think anyone would do something unnatural or political for an upcoming foreign dignitary visit 🙂   Couldn’t help myself.  

• Haha 1