Trump is so wealthy

That he should volunteer to pay for the cost his lies about Springfield, OH has generated.

Since his batshit crazy claim that immigrants were stealing and eating pets, there have been 33 bomb threats targeting city schools. City Hall and two hospitals have also been threatened.

The result is that state police have been sent to the city to reassure citizens they were safe, the Office of Homeland Security is now dedicating resources to monitor social media for possible threats to the city's residents, Wittenberg college  (which just resumed classes and sports after shutting down due to threats) has had to procure additional safety resources.

So open up your wallet, Donald. You now have $2 billion in newly marketable securities you can use. Maybe he can sell some Springfield themed crypto, bibles, steaks, and online courses. There are just so many ways to foot the bill for the lies.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Explain the logic. It doesn't make sense to me. Trump talks irresponsibly about Springfield, OH and the Haitian migrants.

Are the bomb threats to bring attention to the issue? What does setting off a bomb do in this situation?

*sidenote-from what I hear the biggest issue in Springfield, OH is the Hatians driving around in cars recklessly because they don't have any idea how to drive or the rules of the road. I have heard they have almost hit children getting off of school buses, etc.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingguy said:

Explain the logic. It doesn't make sense to me. Trump talks irresponsibly about Springfield, OH and the Haitian migrants.

Are the bomb threats to bring attention to the issue? What does setting off a bomb do in this situation?

*sidenote-from what I hear the biggest issue in Springfield, OH is the Hatians driving around in cars recklessly because they don't have any idea how to drive or the rules of the road. I have heard they have almost hit children getting off of school buses, etc.

Trump's lies caused the bomb threats, the bomb threats increased costs, Trump should pay for the increased costs.

• Bob 1

43 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That he should volunteer to pay for the cost his lies about Springfield, OH has generated.

Since his batshit crazy claim that immigrants were stealing and eating pets, there have been 33 bomb threats targeting city schools. City Hall and two hospitals have also been threatened.

The result is that state police have been sent to the city to reassure citizens they were safe, the Office of Homeland Security is now dedicating resources to monitor social media for possible threats to the city's residents, Wittenberg college  (which just resumed classes and sports after shutting down due to threats) has had to procure additional safety resources.

So open up your wallet, Donald. You now have $2 billion in newly marketable securities you can use. Maybe he can sell some Springfield themed crypto, bibles, steaks, and online courses. There are just so many ways to foot the bill for the lies.

you should do some research. the bomb threats originated overseas.

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

when will the middle class be reimbursed for obamacare tax.

when will we be reimbursed for covid scare damages?

when will parents be able to sue for lost instruction time, b/c of democrat decisions about school?

Not even remotely the same things, but I expected no less.

6 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

actually.. i was told i could keep my doctor(a lie)

millions of people were.

so yeah.

it is.

i expected no less of a deflection, or demarcation

Higher medical costs and higher security costs as a result of irresponsibility are not the same. Just as higher ticket prices for movies and shouting fire in a theater are not the same. I am sorry you were told you could keep your doctor, but then the plan changed. I assume you did not issue any bomb threats as a result.

42 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Trump's lies caused the bomb threats, the bomb threats increased costs, Trump should pay for the increased costs.

I was simply questioning the logic of how a bomb fixes the Hatian migrant issue? The threats were at city hall, schools, and hospitals. Is that where the Hatians congregate? Why those places? 

Why do overseas foreign actors(per ABC) care about calling in bomb threats to these places?

Something isn't adding up is all I am saying.

• Bob 1

31 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The man on TV said that most of the bomb threats were coming from overseas and all were hoaxes.  If there’s increased security costs, let the employers who are hiring the low wage Haitians pay them. 

Hiring people to do jobs is not the cause of bomb threats. A presidential candidate going on national television and lying about those people to claim they steal and eat pets is the cause.

35 minutes ago, wrestlingguy said:

I was simply questioning the logic of how a bomb fixes the Hatian migrant issue? The threats were at city hall, schools, and hospitals. Is that where the Hatians congregate? Why those places? 

Why do overseas foreign actors(per ABC) care about calling in bomb threats to these places?

Something isn't adding up is all I am saying.

Bomb threats at schools raise a red flag for me. In my area, there were several bomb and shooting threats after recent publicized shootings, which reflects copycat or attention-seeking behavior. The "eating pets" comment was a clever way to bring attention to the immigration issue, but the schools themselves aren’t related to this topic. If anything, targeting city hall makes sense.

• Bob 1

46 minutes ago, jross said:

It is interesting that Trump is simply repeating what others in Springfield have been claiming for months.  Listen to 1:39 from the March 12, 2024 City Commission Meeting.

I'm sure that news organizations have been reporting it since March. I think the larger question is why are the Haitians there in such large numbers? Then I would ask how did they get there? Who was supposed to pay for all the expenses? There are so many problems there that need to be addressed. The sad thing is there are literally thousands of Springfields all across the country that dealing with exactly the same problems. This influx of legal and illegal immigrants is costing these community's billions of dollars. All of their police dept., hospitals, schools and social services are being overwhelmed.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

Bomb threats at schools raise a red flag for me. In my area, there were several bomb and shooting threats after recent publicized shootings, which reflects copycat or attention-seeking behavior. The "eating pets" comment was a clever way to bring attention to the immigration issue, but the schools themselves aren’t related to this topic. If anything, targeting city hall makes sense.

So you have settled on clever. What about all the other excuses Vance was workshopping?

1 hour ago, jross said:

It is interesting that Trump is simply repeating what others in Springfield have been claiming for months.  Listen to 1:39 from the March 12, 2024 City Commission Meeting.

Are you seriously claiming that Trump or his staff is monitoring the open comment periods in city meetings and swallowing the claims without proof whole? This is the guy you think should be president? You normally don't make silly arguments.

42 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

We’re paying for it.  It was part of one of those bills that kamelamadingdong cast the tie breaking vote on.  She bragged that she’d been able to expand it from 55k to 100k, or more.  

Looks like the program has brought in around 800,000 people in the program since January 2023. So, it looks like another government created crisis. Wonderful. 

13 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Are you seriously claiming that Trump or his staff is monitoring the open comment periods in city meetings and swallowing the claims without proof whole? This is the guy you think should be president? You normally don't make silly arguments.

Trump's staff includes JD Vance's staff and their 6 degrees of separation network.

Before the debate, JD Vance said the pets story came from his constituents and, true or not, it should be shared to highlight immigration issues. It works like an open conspiracy—shocking and memorable. Just like the false claim that Trump banned abortion, it spreads and sticks with people.  More people are focused on immigration and cultural clashes, fearing it could happen in their area. It’s a clever plan, openly shared and still unfolding.

There are 10+ left-leaning media spins for every 1 right-leaning spin on many major news networks. JD executed the plan flawlessly, and while I dislike spin tactics, this is brilliance.  I am glad to see Trump's team fight back with the tactics that the Harris team does.

Neither Trump nor Harris are known for their honesty.  I align with about 80% of Trump’s policies and 40% of Harris’. I’ve lived through both the Trump and Biden/Harris presidencies.

Have you seen the recent videos of government workers visiting citizens to discuss social media posts? Have you heard Harris, Walz, and Clinton talk about restricting free speech?

***duck** those people to the Nth degree.

• Bob 2

9 minutes ago, jross said:

Trump's staff includes JD Vance's staff and their 6 degrees of separation network.

Before the debate, JD Vance said the pets story came from his constituents and, true or not, it should be shared to highlight immigration issues. It works like an open conspiracy—shocking and memorable. Just like the false claim that Trump banned abortion, it spreads and sticks with people.  More people are focused on immigration and cultural clashes, fearing it could happen in their area. It’s a clever plan, openly shared and still unfolding.

There are 10+ left-leaning media spins for every 1 right-leaning spin on many major news networks. JD executed the plan flawlessly, and while I dislike spin tactics, this is brilliance.  I am glad to see Trump's team fight back with the tactics that the Harris team does.

Neither Trump nor Harris are known for their honesty.  I align with about 80% of Trump’s policies and 40% of Harris’. I’ve lived through both the Trump and Biden/Harris presidencies.

Have you seen the recent videos of government workers visiting citizens to discuss social media posts? Have you heard Harris, Walz, and Clinton talk about restricting free speech?

***duck** those people to the Nth degree.

I think we may be slowly slipping into a Banana Republic or 3rd world country. If the Democrats are successful, we will be giving Venezuela,North Korea and Russia a run for their money.

• Confused 1