Penn State called out by JB

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.  I heard of him almost 24 hours ago.

The answer was: Medved was too long ago, but Cael and Saitiev weren't too long ago... despite them both being over 20 years ago.

You're comparing Sanderson to Medved?  Are you serious? 

17 hours ago, MPhillips said:

With the understanding, this is all about LEVELS of greatness...and Adam was great, but not the greatest. I don't think this one is all that close. You can make a highlight of pretty much any Wrestler and they'll look great, but some of this is almost funny. The counters there look like he's at an old-timers tournament.

And then there's this match that Bormett looks like he should have won by 4(this is one part of it)...I can't put Adam that high up. If it's a "what could have/should have" happened, why not Lee Kemp? 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=w3i&ei=UTF-8&p=adam+saitiev+wrestling&type=W3i_DS%2C202%2C0_0%2CSearch%2C20140936%2C20034%2C0%2C99%2C0#id=3&vid=c666949b3cfba49bb5b0404e1ea47123&action=click

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

That isn't what he's doing at all. He was commenting on different generations of wrestlers...:classic_dry:

Yeah, if you do that though...every one of the greatest Wrestlers is in the last 10-15 years(maybe 20).

You go back and watch the Peterson's for example. Great Wrestlers, but the style and the way they Wrestled, they'd be destroyed today. They scored so much with those diving doubles where they got ahold of the legs and then worked their way up. Just no shot that's working against a Brooks or DT or even Mark Hall.

The balance between how dominant you were vs how far the sport has come is why I don't think there's a right answer here(though some wrong answers). I assumed we were talking about greatest American's as I thought it was pretty widely assumed that Saitiev and Medved were the two GOATs all time(though I think Sadulaev is personally). 

• Jagger 1

10 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Silly that competition doesn't matter to the anti JB goat squad.  A state champ in Kentucky is not the same as a state champ from Pennsylvania.  

“The anti JB squad” …so anyone that disagrees with JB or doesn’t think he’s the goat is anti JB now? Seems like you re taking others opinions personal..I think he’s wrong with MM situation and I don’t think he’s goat but i still rooted for him at trials and will continue too at worlds , so does that make me team anti JB or pro JB 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

“The anti JB squad” …so anyone that disagrees with JB or doesn’t think he’s the goat is anti JB now? Seems like you re taking others opinions personal..I think he’s wrong with MM situation and I don’t think he’s goat but i still rooted for him at trials and will continue too at worlds , so does that make me team anti JB or pro JB 

Bad choice of words.  Perhaps your name made it come to mind.  But you did tell him to..."like grow up."  You may not be anti JB but you're def not pro. 

Not taking anything personal. I was making a point.  Competition matters, and to just completely ignore it makes no sense to me.  

13 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Bad choice of words.  Perhaps your name made it come to mind.  But you did tell him to..."like grow up."  You may not be anti JB but you're def not pro. 

Not taking anything personal. I was making a point.  Competition matters, and to just completely ignore it makes no sense to me.  

I’m pretty close to age with JB , I met him for the first time in high school warming up for states ,I’ve literally rooted for him (and other NJ guys) his entire career. I’m going to continue to root for him til he leaves those ugly shoes on the mat, all that being said I still think JB the person is a narcissist, it’s not personal he’s just loves JB some JB and I call that out when I see it and it annoys me how people act like he can do no wrong 

11 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m pretty close to age with JB , I met him for the first time in high school warming up for states ,I’ve literally rooted for him (and other NJ guys) his entire career. I’m going to continue to root for him til he leaves those ugly shoes on the mat, all that being said I still think JB the person is a narcissist, it’s not personal he’s just loves JB some JB and I call that out when I see it and it annoys me how people act like he can do no wrong 

So in your opinion he’s a petty, thin skinned narcissist who needs to “like grow up.”  Good to know. Maybe if you ever meet again you can tell him how you really feel about him.  He runs a club in Collingswood. 

On 9/26/2024 at 6:26 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

You’ve previously said “he has never been liked by most of his peers” and never backed it up with any evidence, I’d say that makes you anti JB.